Re: Audio issues - nVidia High Definition Audio

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Audio issues - nVidia High Definition Audio

★ Novice

My PC is connected to an AV receiver using HDMI out from my nVidia graphics card. I'm having issues where music can be slow to play, not loop around, or not start at all, whilst in game.

The sound effects and menu music all play fine, although sometimes the speech will stutter (always at the same point, so Shepperd contacting Joker whilst the ruins are falling apart during the rescure of Liara, will always go something like "JOK-JOK-JOKER! Lock in to my signal! On the double mister!".

The log file always correctly identifies the Nvidia HD audio device, and says that it is using generic software. I've tried switching to Generic Hardware, but the log file still always shows generic hardware. I've deleted it and allowed to to be recreated, still generic software.

That would be fine, if it worked, but instead I get differing results with music all of the time - so if I land on a planet, sometimes the correct music will start during the Mako drop cutscene, other times it will just be sound effects, and even if the music does start it might only play for a couple of minutes and not loop when the piece ends. Other times I land without music, and the music will start after 2 minutes of driving Mako.

I mostly get music on the Normandy, the only time that I didn't was right at the start of the game just after the opening cutscene, and then I did not get actual in-game music until after the first Geth encounter where Jenkins dies.

ICT.AUDIO is what the bioengine.ini is using, and it's set itself as 64 channels 2 channels reserved. Generic software, and there is not a post processing line.

I've seen posts over the internet about similar  issues with the motherboard HD audio chipsets, and it looks like 1.02 fixed but nothing for my Nvidia 780.  I'm running the latest version according to the EA Origin app.

Is this about as good as it gets for music on Mass Effect 1 on an Nvidia card? Or are there bioengine.ini changes that need to be made for "Nvidia High Definition Audio"?

Message 1 of 2 (585 Views)

Re: Audio issues - nVidia High Definition Audio

Hero

Make sure all audio hardware you don't use is disabled, if possible in the BIOS. Having multiple sound chipsets running can cause problems.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (572 Views)