Any fix/ better workaround for the blocky textures on Peak 15 and Ilos on AMD

by chrissher7

Original Post

Any fix/ better workaround for the blocky textures on Peak 15 and Ilos on AMD

★★★ Novice

I would like to know if there is a better workaround for this well known bug than the current one. I know to get rid of these textures you have to enable the console and type viewmode unlit. However, the game looks too bright and weird not helped by the fact that both Peak 15 and Ilos are very dark areas. I would like to know if there is a better viewmode that doesn't show the black, blocky textures (Because there are others, such as viewmode wireframe.) or if someone has found a proper fix. I have an AMD FX-6350 and I would be very grateful if someone has a solution, as would most AMD users.

Message 1 of 3 (429 Views)

Re: Any fix/ better workaround for the blocky textures on Peak 15 and Ilos on AM

Hero

There's no better workaround. The hardware is simply incompatible.

We could petition EA to update the system requirements so other AMD FX users won't buy a game their hardware doesn't support.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (419 Views)

Re: Any fix/ better workaround for the blocky textures on Peak 15 and Ilos on AM

★★★ Novice

I think it is a lighting effect issue because someone on the steam forums said that it could be fixed by using the ME1 version of the ME3 explorer (A mod tool) by replacing the lighting effect but the person they heard this from didn't post a tutorial. Worth a look though. It is probably fixable as it uses the unreal engine and no other game has this bug.

Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)