Re: Madden Nfl mobile- Account banned with no reason?

by 423080

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

If it has been 72 hours, you should absolutely open a Help ticket and provide details about when you submitted your email to lets_talk and that you haven't gotten any contact yet.

Later on, when the East Coast US opens for business, the Help section will give you the option for a Tech Support person to call you on the phone. Choose this and complain there too.

It's one thing to have a long wait time, but where they do make sure to contact you within their own rules.

It's completely unacceptable for them not to respond within the timetable they themselves set.

Message 21 of 57 (1,761 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, I got this from them. At least it is something, but there's a few things that bother me:

Dear Customer,

We have received your message regarding the action taken on your account.

EA's Terms of Service team are looking into this issue and will respond once the matter has been fully investigated according to our internal policies.

In order to thoroughly examine the matter there may be a delay in responding, however we will endeavour to provide you with a resolution in a timely manner.

Please note we are currently experiencing high volumes and this may result in a minimum delay of 72 hours. Please do not submit further appeals as this may reset your place in the queue. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

EA Terms of Service

1. Why not send this exact email as an automatic response to every email they get? Why, instead, wait 24 hours before sending it out?

2. What does it mean that it "may" result in a "minimum delay of 72 hours"? That they'll have an answer for me, but gosh, we're sorry, the minimum delay is 72 hours so we'll talk to you in two days?! It just seems poorly written - you're talking about the first response to someone who believes that they have done nothing wrong, and have been waiting for 24 hours with a Banned account without any information. No big deal on the one hand, but on the other hand, how hard would it have been to write an email that made perfect sense, with no confusion or ambiguity?

Anyway, this is where I stand, still sitting tight, being patient.

No actual information yet at all, other than the fact that this team seems to be in the UK somewhere (the spelling and word choice, the timing of their email (work day in UK, 4am ET) and the circumstantial evidence that they didn't communicate at all yesterday during Hurricane Ophilia).

Message 22 of 57 (1,753 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I received the same auto email yesterday as well. Dun know what can we do...
Message 23 of 57 (1,741 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is how EA reply this morning. They ask for more time to respond. And this is how they respond. I report my problem at least 5 times. What they reply is just "cannot remove the block", still have no reason why banning my account. What the hell EA? I just purchase 12000 Madden cash last Friday, and I think I paid around 300 USD after the season start (now is just week 5), this is how EA customer service work, no refund no reply. Even if they reply, they reply rubbish. Really, totally disappoint on EA customer service. Dun think I can still purchase EA gaming after this experience. And now I think we can just report our problem to Google.play or Apple store only. Coz EA wont help you.
Screenshot_20171018-095213.png
Message 24 of 57 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That really stinks.

You can definitely try to contest the purchase with Google Play, or your CC company.

I would also suggest that, if you can stomach it without blowing a gasket,  you try one more round of escalating the issue with EA CS and try to get a dialogue with a manager.

Patiently explain the situation that you did nothing wrong, you are now banned, it was investigated and they are keeping you banned for no reason, etc. etc. Maybe you can at least find out what they think you did.

I will say that I'm not sure that your purchase is directly relevant to this - in other words, the fact that you bought Madden Cash is not in and of itself a reason that they should unban you if in fact you are a bad guy and violated the TOS. (I'm not saying you are at all! I'm saying that the purchase of Madden Cash doesn't actually relate to clarifying your banned/not-banned status.) But, if after even escalation of the case to CS managers they do end up keeping you banned, you should be able to argue successfully for a direct refund from EA of what you purchased.

Message 25 of 57 (1,708 Views)

★★ Novice

You are lucky, guys. Everything i got is letter with message that one of my requestwas deleted.(i wrote two messages the first about ban and second about inaccessible network). I don’t show you letter because it is in russian, that is rather strange, because my request was in english.

and then i got one more letter with link, where i can rate ea support. Such an irony...

Message 26 of 57 (1,702 Views)

★ Novice

seems we all gonna get a kick out of Madden universe. I saw this reported from guys in Russia, China, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Turkey, Israel. not seen any western European bans or Americans in this wave.

on reddit forums I saw a screenshot of guy who got same negative reply with reasoning he was in loved in "wins farming"

seems they just cut out those countries because there is very few fan base of nfl and just let it go for other countries to be protected of evil coin farmers who live in those countries. 

can we request bank that our recent credit card transactions for madden cash were fraudulent?

Message 27 of 57 (1,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am in Taiwan, and also got banned last weekend in the middle of the tournament for apparently no reason. Never cheated, wouldn't know how to. Followed up with "lets_talk@ea.com" (ironic name, by the way, I don't see much in the way of talking things out"). I finally got the following email:

"The action pertains to the following violation:
• Interfere with or disrupt any EA Service or any server or network used to support or provide an EA Service, including any hacking or cracking into an EA Service.
• Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an EA Service or another’s computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancel bots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
• Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access this website for any purpose or copy any material on this website.
• Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs, “cheat utility” software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool.
• Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.
• Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.
After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly and will not remove this sanction from your account"

So don't expect much in way of satisfactory answers, I still have no idea why I'm banned. I followed up with another email, but I am not hopeful

Message 28 of 57 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm now at 71.5 hours from my email to them, 76 hours from having both accounts banned at the stroke of midnight ET Sunday night.

There was a brief incident last year like this for some overseas folks, which at least for me, they did fix eventually. It's hard to believe that they would just shut down access from multiple countries overseas because of a few bad apples, rather than, uh, actually doing the job of weeding out the bad apples (!) but I guess stranger things have happened. Like I mentioned upthread, I have a family member with me here who is still playing without a problem, so I guess they didn't shut down all players from our area, but that just begs the question why they blocked me, since I have done absolutely nothing wrong, and have been a loyal, active player for 3 years. I have never purchased coins from 3rd parties or sold any, never tried any bots or crazy software, etc. etc. etc.

One odd thing I had at first was that I would get the Banned message from my data connection, but Madden wouldn't even load to the 'choose a team' screen from any WiFi. (In the past, I could play fine from both.) Over the last few days, this seems to have changed and I get the Banned message from both. I don't know if that's a bad thing, or a good thing - that there was some connectivity problem that they resolved, on top of the Banning.

I fully get that Banning bad guys is just a part of running online games these days, and also that investigating people who were false-positives might be hard and annoying work, looking for evidence for something (cheating) that you suspect is there, but isn't. I just wish that there was a quicker and more transparent way for EA to do this, and to communicate with us better.

At the end of the day, it IS "just a game" right? But given the ubiquity of mobile devices and the amazing sophistication and immersion of modern game design, our mobile gaming has become just as much a part of our lives as anything else, like eating or sleeping. Gaming is a part of our day, a part of our lives. We are invested in it as an activity, and also financially. When that is taken away -- suddenly and for no good reason -- I think we are justified in feeling hurt and confused, and if EA values its customers, they should address that, both by fine-tuning their methods to yield the fewest false positives possible, and to treat even suspected cheaters with a little more dignity and communication.

Just my 2 cents.

Message 29 of 57 (1,652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I think I just give up on communicating with them. Don't know why EA, such a big gaming firm can ban the player account without any reason. I dun think they will refund the money to me. Their customer service just don't care about the problem. They ask me to create a new account yesterday in the email, God I just paid a fxxking 100 dollars on this game and now u ask me to create a new account. i got randy moss, ray lewis, showstopper aaron rodger and nearly all powerline red cards in my team. I did pay so much afford on the game, but what i can do now is just create a new account. Dont know why I need to suffer this shxt. What a nice solution EA
Screenshot_20171019-153204.png
Message 30 of 57 (1,641 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More