I got banned 5 hours ago for no reason and I'd like to know why

by 3ronicle

Original Post

I got banned 5 hours ago for no reason and I'd like to know why

★★ Novice

How adson words do I have to type in here for it to actually go through.?

Message 1 of 7 (657 Views)

Re: I got banned 5 hours ago for no reason and I'd like to know why

EA app Team

Hi @3ronicle,

If action has been taken against your account by us and you wish to dispute this or find out more info, then please send an email to lets_talk@ea.com.

When sending the email, please include the information requested in this article

PS! Please avoid created multiple threads on the same topic. Answers HQ forum rules: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-Announcements/EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/m-p/6075534#M410 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 2 of 7 (645 Views)

★★ Novice

I have emailed them several times and I have received no response. .

I filled everything out , so I don't understand the delay. 

I'm not a rule breaker in any way shape or form on madden mobile, so this should absolutely not be happening. 

I literally have only got most of my money from doing the live events and this is the thanks I get? This is beyond reprehensible. .

I have never even visited the buy coin websites let alone even attempted to buy or trade coins wrongfully or whatever else this could be about!

I don't understand why the freck I wasn't even considered innocent tell proven guilty or even given warning about whatever this BS could be about.

I'm seriously considering boycotting EA if this isn't straightened out.

So , is there anyone who can actually help me?

Message 3 of 7 (637 Views)

★★ Novice

I emailed you guys with my email address asking why I wasn't getting updates for my situation and I gOT a email back claiming that the email I emailed them on was not the one associated with this account but I know for a fact that's incorrect because it is directly linked to this account, so this run around is h just getting on a most pathetic level!

Message 4 of 7 (582 Views)

★ Guide

@3ronicle Maybe your account got hacked and your e-mail is/wasn't associated on your account anymore.

Like it or not, there has to be policing in place to prevent hackers, cheaters, bullies from trying to beat the system.  Unfortunately, sometimes innocent people get caught in the middle of all of this, but talking trash and threatening to boycott EA isn't helping you my friend. 

I'm not sure how old you are, but if you've ever been a victim of identity theft, then let me know how it went when you yelled at the police department and credit bureau's for impacting your credit score.  Let me know how they responded when you told them they were pathetic.

It takes time to sort these things out and the best thing you can do is be positive and supportive to the people actually trying to help you.  Your account obviously got flagged for something.  Let the EA folks do their jobs and research what happened and why.  Until then, posting * on this forum isn't doing anything productive, other than showing that you know how to talk trash, which is a great example of why you'd be banned in the first place.

Message 5 of 7 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure Google would have let me know by now if I'd been hacked or not associated anymore with my account.

"Unfortunately, sometimes innocent people get caught in the middle of all of this, but talking trash and threatening to boycott EA isn't helping you my friend."

If this was a competent and honorable company that wouldn't happen. Also, how exactly did I "trash talk"? I am rightfully angry and disappointed greatly and saying things you may consider trash talk is perfectly natural because after all I have not gone out of my way to be rude. There are many problems with comparing yourselves to the Police department and credit bureau because the Police are in public buildings and out in the public (and easily accessible) it's self constantly helping people and even when you take into consideration who they hire, their record is pretty impeccable. They are also a nessisary government program. The credit bureau gives their information out and are open about most things, especially when you have a dispute and Lawyers are figuring it out with law enforcement hand n hand. These things usually end up getting solved unless it's something rediculouslly complicated and there's really nothing as complicated that happens in game applications in comparison to inidentity theft. So it's silly to use bravado to convince me otherwise. There are a endless amount of game applications out there and you guys are not vital part of society and there is no need for me to be overly polite, as if I should be thankful of your service in the first place.

"Your account obviously got flagged for something."

No, I know for a fact I didn't do anything "knowingly" wrong. I use that word because the only thing I could have done is accidentally buy something in the auction house that was for someone else in order for them to trade coins or whatever they do. However, how the heck am I supposed to know in the first place, I mean... have you ever heard of sniping?? The only other thing that would even come close to "wrong", that I can think of is when I teased someone in another League about him being a realtor and that he should buy me a house. That's literally it and I'm confident in my innocence can you say the same of this/these company considering their record?

"research what happened and why" I still have yet to get anything close to a how or why exactly and it's been more than a month I believe. This shiz shouldn't have happened in the first place.

"posting * on this forum isn't doing anything productive, other than showing that you know how to talk trash, which is a great example of why you'd be banned in the first place."

You're so right, perhaps a more direct legal approach is needed. Also, you have failed at attempting to show anything close to an example ("let alone a "great" one) of why I'd be banned. Your sly assumptions aND assertions are insults disguised as helpful information. Please, don't bother if you are not going to actually help and instead throw "analogies" at me and claim I'm in the wrong automatically. In the words of Obi-Wan; "good job" (sarcasm).

Message 6 of 7 (506 Views)

★ Guide

@3ronicle, you should probably update the subject of this thread to "I got banned 33 days ago for no reason and I'd like to know why".  Also, great response!!  Well written with lots of cool new words that I didn't even know existed, one being "nessisary" and another being "rediculouslly". 

Unfortunately, I don't work for EA, so i'm unable to tell you why you may have been banned. In my original response I wrote, "Unfortunately, sometimes innocent people get caught in the middle". I was actually sympathizing with you by saying you were innocent and it was unfortunate that you were having to deal with this. I following that up by advising that talking trash and boycotting isn't really the way to address this. Said another way, you're posting on a forum that can be read by others. All I was trying to say, was don't let your anger say/post something that you'll regret, no matter how frustrating your situation may be.

When I said that your account obviously got flagged for something. What I meant was that maybe someone "reported" you (you are correct, asking someone to buy you a house shouldn't constitute being banned, but that doesn't mean that Realtor didn't report you or possibly someone else. It could be any number of things!  I didn't accuse you of being guilty.  My response simply states the EA obviously flagged something on your account.  As an example, I've gotten banned on XBOX live for someone that joined my group and started talking trash to someone else. That person reported everyone in my group. After the XBOX live team performed their investigation, and validated that none of us were involved they released my account. It's unfortunate and sometimes takes longer than I would like to resolve, but at the end of the day, I'm glad these support teams take bullying seriously.

I agree that 30 days seems a lot longer than needed to perform some investigation. My suggestion to you is to begin to escalate the issue and if you aren't already doing so, take notes of each time you e-mail, call, talk to someone so that you have a thread going with all the details.

Now to address your final paragraph. I don't disguise insults for anyone. If I was trying to be rude, trust me you'd know it!!  You simply read my response the wrong way and obviously took it defensively.  However, since you like to movies, here's one for you....  "I'm 97% sure you don't like me, but I'm 100% sure I don't care!"

Cheers Mate

Message 7 of 7 (481 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More