Auction House - Recommendation for Next Year

by pgetz51

Original Post

Auction House - Recommendation for Next Year

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

EA

Several improvements need to be made for the auction house.  I'm listing a few of my biggest frustrations

1. Cap Players Max Bid - i'm tired of seeing people list average players for millions of dollars. I understand there are a handful of players that deserve to be in that range due to the limited availability of these players, as well as the work involved in obtaining them.  However, this year it's really gotten out of hand.  There are a large group of players controlling the AH. 
  2. Limit Number of Same Player Allowed On Team - i'm really sick of seeing the same person list the same player 50 times, all at the same price.  IF that player does get listed by someone else, this other guy buys him immediately and controls these specific players. In fact, I'd say if someone is doing that, you should ban them from the game.  Seriously, do something about this!! 
  3. Auction End Time - what's with the negative time at the end of an auction.  I have had plenty of bids that well into negative time and then all of a sudden I lose the auction because someone was allowed to bid on the player and my time ran out. haha Negative time?  C'mon guys fix this already

Now here's a completely different idea for next year.  Instead of showing the bid amount to all players, keep it hidden.  Whomever has the highest bid at the end of the auction wins the player.  Like a silent auction!!  There's no dealing with negative time, no BS, at the end of the auction, you either won him or you didn't. Simple as that. You could keep the Buy Now option, but just eliminate the rest and keep it hidden.

Just my thoughts

Message 1 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: Auction House - Recommendation for Next Year

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
The negative time just means your phone hasn't received the updated information, someone still outbid you before the time expired. Any time someone outbid you there is 15 seconds put back on the auction, if you aren't refreshing manually you run the risk of the information about being outbid not updating on your phone.
Message 2 of 3 (385 Views)

Re: Auction House - Recommendation for Next Year

★ Guide

@CalgaryGuy76  it happens even with me refreshing.  I understand that 15 seconds get added back to the clock.  However, I can refresh the entire 15 seconds and then it goes to -5 seconds (with me as the highest bidder) and then all of a sudden shows sold.  This doesn't always happen this way, but it's pretty frequent and has happened that way across multiple devices I own.

Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More