Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
jetfuel365

Madden 25 keeps freezing up

I've tried for the past hour to play just an exhibition game but the game continues to freeze my console as the game is starting to load.  Is the disc possibly corrupt or is this an issue that a lot of people are having? I'd like to play but the game is freezing and it's getting really frustrating. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Keeper
williecanuck96

Game keeps freezing up

I just bought Madden 25 fresh from GameStop. I put it in, went straight to Connected Careers, selected Owner, and while it was loading the information screen, it froze, Playstation and all. The whole system just froze. So, I shut it off and back on thinking it was just a bug and it won't happen again. But it happened again. And again. It even froze when I was just trying to pick my favorite team. It's also really jerky and slow, too. Can anyone help me? The game's not even an hour old.

Keeper
cruzcontrol60

Re: Game keeps freezing up

[ Edited ]

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I waited in line for 2 hours for the midnight release just to restart my system 6 times and not play a game! 

I've gotten another game to see if was a bad disc, but that was not the case as it still froze!

Even the main menus lag which is something I've never seen before. But I would really love to play the game I paid for!!!

Keeper
jetfuel365

Re: Madden 25 keeps freezing up

Went out and got the original game exchanged and came home tried to play the new one I exchanged the original for and kept freezing and I started to hear a buzzing sound coming from my console as it was spinning the disc both times with the original and the exchanged game disc so it's an issue that isn't just the game but it might an issue with the quality of the discs being used to manufacture the game....I'm very pissed off right now expecting to play Madden 25 and to have 2 lame duck discs is very disturbing for a game that cost me 60 bucks...

Keeper
jk34inc

Can't play Madden 25 because it keeps freezing on the game loading screen

So everytime I try to play a game (playnow or head to head online), it keeps freezing and I have to restart my ps3 again and again. Why is it doing this and when can I start playing the game that I paid for, what the hell is going on !?

Keeper
jetfuel365

Just figured out what the problem is...if you go and completely delete everything then reload the game DO NOT upload the update and the game will NOT freeze that is for PS3 I don't know if it is for XBox but for PS3 it works fine now without the update...the update was the problem the whole time...that is unacceptable EA unacceptable

Lookout
nolansmithfan

Re: Game keeps freezing up

Same, hope it gets fixed soon

Keeper
jk34inc

wat do u mean delete everything, how do i do that ? and how do i not update ?? my bad for mad questions but im so pissed that this game is this wack that i cant even play

Lookout
nolansmithfan

Yeah, how do i delete everything, and i have 20+ games I don't want to delete 40+ hours of my life!

Keeper
jetfuel365

If you are on PS3 you go to Game Data Utility under Game menu and completely delete everything and then also delete your Saved Data Utility under the same Game menu do that and then reload the game and when it prompts you to download the update press cancel, once you do that it will tell you a bunch of stuff just press x to ok that and then it will go throguh the whole game loading and stuff and then you are in the clear the game will start up and you can even start playing a game...