Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
dsaffir

Instant Starter in Connected Careers

System: Xbox 360

Game: Madden 13

Mode: Connected Careers (Player)

Issue: Instant starter setting always switches to on. If I start a new career and set it to OFF at the start of the career, it defaults to ON after the first practice (and will continue to do so after each subsequent practice or game).

I want to turn it off permanently and this game is not giving me the option to do so. I simply want to learn how to prevent this, or I'd like a patch that makes the feature function properly. I love the game, and this is the only thing that needs fixing. But it NEEDS fixing. At the very least, please have a moderator/admin respond to this and address this issue and if EA is doing anything about it.

All the best.

HENANIG4NS
Topics: 3
XP: 55
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 40

Re: Instant Starter in Connected Careers

To the best of my knowledge, you're supposed to start in practice because that's how your player gets XP so that he can progress to one day become the starter. As for the games, he shouldn't be starting right off the bat, so if that's happening it sounds like it may not be functioning properly. I'm sure that the developers are aware of it and will patch it soon, they're usually pretty good about that.

-MattyLight ATX

Keeper
dsaffir

Thanks so much for your quick response (I'm actually very impressed because that took next to no time at all)!

Yeah, I understand starting in practice, but I start in games too (over Tom Brady, in this case - which I think we can both agree is a lot unrealistic).

I hope the developers are, indeed, aware of it. Any idea when the next patch would come out (assuming that would fix it) or when there might be another system-wide update coming?

HENANIG4NS
Topics: 3
XP: 55
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 40

You're welcome! Yeah, I started a QB and put him on the Patriots as well. I took over week 5 of my second season with the Patriots and have started ever since. I thought it was quite odd, but I guess I impressed them in practice and maybe human thought > AI? Not sure. I will admit this was also before they added the instant start option so it's a definite possibility that the function may not be working properly.

I don't have a clue as to when an update would be coming out as I don't work for them, but I would assume it'd be soon. They've been pretty good about getting patches out in a reasonable amount of time.

-MattyLight ATX

Keeper
claven

Yea, I'm having same problem on PS3.  It's all because of the latest patch that added the Instant starter option.  Next thing I know my 79 ovr player is getting the starting nod over Drew Brees who had 12 TD and 3 Ints so far through my season.  I blame the people who complained about not being able to start off the bat.  Thats the point, your suppose to work you way up.