Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't create Origin account in game

by thinkblue84

ORIGINAL POST

Accepted Solution

Can't create Origin account in game

★ Newbie

When I started the game, I get a screen titled "Origin Account (EA) Creation". My email is already entered. I'm asked to enter and confirm a password (I use upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers and they match). I hit submit. After choosing my contact perferences, I hit submit and get the following message: ""Unable to retrieve account information. Please try again."

Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 36 (39,758 Views)

Re: Can't create Origin account in game

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem and I have know clue what to do

Message 2 of 36 (39,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PLEASE HELP EA!

Message 3 of 36 (39,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey folks,

Do you have issues connecting to existing Origin accounts, or creating them? If the latter, I suggest creating them beforehand (using a regular browser) and then trying to log on to them on your consoles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Message 4 of 36 (39,513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

that doesn't work ea it just says account error

Message 5 of 36 (39,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have done both and my post specifically says so,

Message 6 of 36 (39,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@eafrancois Then what the heck is the point of having an in game creation system if it doesn't work?

I had the same problem. What I found (by trying to log in here actually) is that I already had an origin account that I apparently created in 2011 but have no memory of. Once I put the same password for that account in the "Origin Creation" screen (despite it not actually creating an account, but linking it), it worked. So I hope that helps somebody out there!

Good job EA with a confusing system!!

Message 7 of 36 (39,415 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, apple4ever.

Could you give a step-by-step of the process you followed, for others who might have similar experiences?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Message 8 of 36 (39,359 Views)

Email not working

★★★ Newbie

I go to sign into my ea account on Madden 13 and it says I have to put in a parents email address and password so I do and it says it is unable to retrieve account information and please try again. Every time I try it says that and now I can't play online

Message 9 of 36 (36,900 Views)

Cannot connect to EA servers to play Madden 13

★★★ Newbie

When I first sign into Madden13 it asks me to put in my parent's email and a password (and confirm the password).

Then it gives me an error message saying "unable to retrieve account information". Then it takes me to the game but I am not online.

Any idea? Thanks

Message 10 of 36 (37,738 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey folks,

Do you have issues connecting to existing Origin accounts, or creating them? If the latter, I suggest creating them beforehand (using a regular browser) and then trying to log on to them on your consoles.

Play an intro match while you install

Use our guide to get started with Madden NFL 16.

View More

Are you missing in-game items? We can help.

Contact EA Help