Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
thinkblue84
Accepted Solution

Can't create Origin account in game

When I started the game, I get a screen titled "Origin Account (EA) Creation". My email is already entered. I'm asked to enter and confirm a password (I use upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers and they match). I hit submit. After choosing my contact perferences, I hit submit and get the following message: ""Unable to retrieve account information. Please try again."

Can anyone help me please?

Sentinel
freeman549

Re: Can't create Origin account in game

I'm having the exact same problem and I have know clue what to do

Sentinel
freeman549

PLEASE HELP EA!

EA_Francois
Solutions: 1,834

[ Edited ]

Hey folks,

Do you have issues connecting to existing Origin accounts, or creating them? If the latter, I suggest creating them beforehand (using a regular browser) and then trying to log on to them on your consoles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Sentinel
freeman549

that doesn't work ea it just says account error

Lookout
xxdubsxx

I have done both and my post specifically says so,

Sentinel
apple4ever

[ Edited ]

@eafrancois Then what the heck is the point of having an in game creation system if it doesn't work?

I had the same problem. What I found (by trying to log in here actually) is that I already had an origin account that I apparently created in 2011 but have no memory of. Once I put the same password for that account in the "Origin Creation" screen (despite it not actually creating an account, but linking it), it worked. So I hope that helps somebody out there!

Good job EA with a confusing system!!

EA_Francois
Solutions: 1,834

Thanks for your feedback, apple4ever.

Could you give a step-by-step of the process you followed, for others who might have similar experiences?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Keeper
narlycarly333

Email not working

I go to sign into my ea account on Madden 13 and it says I have to put in a parents email address and password so I do and it says it is unable to retrieve account information and please try again. Every time I try it says that and now I can't play online

Keeper
bluechicken99

Cannot connect to EA servers to play Madden 13

When I first sign into Madden13 it asks me to put in my parent's email and a password (and confirm the password).

Then it gives me an error message saying "unable to retrieve account information". Then it takes me to the game but I am not online.

Any idea? Thanks