by RealTaran966

Original Post

Re: Tips For Trials Of Gnomus

★★★ Newbie

Thanks

Message 11 of 15 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

For the yellow door I wouldn't say Peashooter is the best, because his splash can trigger targets next to the one you shoot and cause you to fail

Message 12 of 15 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, I finally decided to start in on these cursed trials again and after a while have successfully beat the trial of shooty shooty.  After trying lots of characters, I found commando pea the best for me.  

I used hyper twice.  Don't use it going to the first stage as you will need to jump on to the platform, losing lots of time while you're up in the air.  Use it after you hit the first target.  If you clear the second stage quickly enough, there will still be a bit of hyper left on the way to the third stage.

Here's a tip that shaved off the few extra seconds I needed:

On the last stage, all three targets on one side need to be hit.  All you have to do to get all three of them is jump and lob a dark bean bomb at them.  This might work with regular chile bomb as well but the dark bean explodes sooner.  Hyper to end and done!

Message 13 of 15 (1,024 Views)

So I managed to get all the trials done yesterday save the trial of balance.  I'm getting there on that one but it's going to take a while.

I experienced an annoying bug yesterday after defeating the red guardian.  I vanquished him, he disappeared, and then nothing happened.  No portal.  I had to fight him all over again.

Message 14 of 15 (1,014 Views)

I did it!!  

One more hour or two of cats vs. dinos and I'll have both characters unlocked.  With the uni chomper showcase coming up, max rank here I come.

Message 15 of 15 (1,010 Views)