The Importance Of Consumables

by Alexus0078

Original Post

The Importance Of Consumables

★★★★ Novice

So recently I have seen many a team mate missing out on the chance to add the defending plant pots, defending zombie bots and the stations to get plant or zombie AI to our team and I feel many players don't really see that the consumables are very good... I have an example of a normal weed with a pot on its head winning us a graveyard when my team was going to lose as 30 seconds left and only about 3/4 completed of capture bar but my team weren't doing anything as a horde of annoying scientists were pushing us back... At the time overly used Citron who is a great character( Got my first 20 streak with him) and balled up and this was on Moon Base Z so I jumped over a lot of enemies who carried on firing at me but when this weed was summoned they thought nothing of it and just attacked me and the weed was unnoticed all the way up to the capture point and the defenders still did not shoot it and they had no defender bots to kill it and we won that base and carried on to win the whole thing....

So basically my point is that you should always grow your Zombie or Plant AI and you might get lucky or if on defense save yourself from embarrassment of a weed beating you by killing the weed or even planting down Plant Pot AI to kill it for you. 

—A concerned Plant Dweller/ Confused Zomb.... BRAINZZZZ.

Message 1 of 7 (1,409 Views)

Re: The Importance Of Consumables

★ Pro

I concur, there isn't much reason to not spam weed/zombie in offense,even if it just to summon basic browncoat/weed. It still the potential of one more person in the point which can make the difference between a capture and a loss.

As for plant bot/bot, those are situational. But generally they're annoying enough to distract people to destroy them. Also heal flower and heal bot are awesome,use them when you need health.

Message 2 of 7 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]

If consumables were easier to get then people would use them more. Last game it was very easy to get those fire peas, outhouse zombies, and barrel zombies. I spammed those all the time. Now I only have like 70 strong consumables and those reinforcement packs don't give much. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a ton of weeds, but I am not sure where those get planted.  Are they used at all in the Backyard or in Garden Ops?

I love using the pot plants in the Garden Ops.

Still a HUGE noob!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (1,104 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Xorazne

The various Weed and Browncoat varieties are used in Turf Takeover game mode where they add to the attacking forces. Outside of Gardens and Graveyards or Herbal Assault they are unused.

As far as why they aren't used more often, I often here Players comment that they simply don't have any to spawn. A lot of us who talk here on the forums have high Ranks and hundreds of hours invested but I've noticed more lately that there's been an influx, at least on PS4, or brand new players who are still under Rank 250, sometimes even under Rank 100, and those newer players simply aren't going to have a surplus of consumables the way the more long term players do.

Message 5 of 7 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

Totally agreed.  I've got zillions and try to stop and spawn them whenever I can.  Heck, you even get XP for doing so.  Mostly I find the ones with high hit points the most useful.

But I don't like getting too caught up shooting at them, as I will often be killed rapidly by the humans as a result.  I figure that's the front line objective guys' job, I play support.

Message 6 of 7 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have like 200 browncoats and like 100 weeds yet I always forget to spawn them or someone else spawns theirs. Point is use them or have hundreds of them.

Message 7 of 7 (1,040 Views)