Rose - extensive tutorial and tactics

by Hit_and_Score

Original Post

Rose - extensive tutorial and tactics

Message 1 of 10 (1,955 Views)

Re: Rose - extensive tutorial and tactics

[ Edited ]

I have a question that I thought would go better here than in its own thread.

I keep reading that the default rose is the best one to play.  But I've got Druid rose maxed out and the original maybe promoted once.  Is regular rose so much better that I would be better off to spend time leveling her up?

Message 2 of 10 (1,945 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@pandareno1999

"Better" is a very subjective term and what you consider to be "better" or "worse" will depend on what character features appeal to you, what abilities you find most useful, your style of play and what map and mode you prefer.

The opinions of other players are just that, opinions. Ultimately you should try out each variant and learn which ones you really enjoy playing and which ones you aren't too keen on- you'll find that each type suits a different play style and situation and they all have their own strengths.
Message 3 of 10 (1,935 Views)

[ Edited ]

@realitysquared

Thanks for the reply!  I've pretty much decided on sticking with druid rose.  I was just curious if someone could offer a compelling reason to switch.

Message 4 of 10 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Druid Rose is much easier to play compared to default, because her homing is generally much better and works on closer distances too. With default Rose it took me at least 30 hours of playing and testing to figure out how her homing works. At first I thought it was bad and made posts on Reddit complaining about it, but now that I figured it out I now that it it just requires character insight and skill. After you figure it out and you get her homing upgrade she becomes top tier. Druid Rose is a low skill/moderate reward character, because of her lower damage per shot, extremely slow projectile speed and low ammo. Default Rose's reward is super high on the other hand, but the execution requirements are higher too. At high level you have no reason to choose Druid over default, except for fun.

Message 5 of 10 (1,888 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hit_and_Score

"low skill/moderate reward" sounds like exactly where I am at.  Standard smile  So I think Druid will do just fine for me!

Message 6 of 10 (1,866 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think fire rose is best. But druid rose has lots of homing shots so it's good.

Message 7 of 10 (1,854 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's right!

Message 8 of 10 (1,851 Views)

I've spent the last few days working up default Rose.  At first, being used to the upgrades, it was hard going.  But after having promoted her a few times and gotten some useful upgrades, I'm getting to enjoy her quite a bit.

Message 9 of 10 (1,823 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks for excellent tips. I love Rose characters, including the Nec Rose. They're all master now.

Message 10 of 10 (1,600 Views)