Re: My personal favorite Chomper stradegy

by Thorgonator

Original Post

My personal favorite Chomper stradegy

★★ Apprentice

Okay, I am going to sound REALLY cheap, but this is the strategy I use for Chompers:

Setup:

Chomper Choices: Unicorn, Hot Rod, Fire, Count, Disco, Yeti

Abilities: Spikeweed, Goop (interchangeable with Super Sticky Goop, but not suggested), Burrow (Rainbow Warp for Unicorn Chomper)

Upgrades: (Optional) Speed, Digestion x2

Guide:

This strategy guarantees a 95% success rate when used correctly. This one is fairly easy; You simply Goop your target, run up to them, use your Spikeweed at their feet, and eat them. This can be used to stop multiple abilities, like Turbo Twister, Cannon Rodeo or the Big Bolt Blaster, along with an easy vainquish for you. I use the Burrow as a means to escape or to hide and regen health, while the Rainbow Warp can be used to escape a group, warp behind an enemy or to confuse a target. The 5% of it failing is due to the enemy not getting trapped in a Spikeweed, or if they did, they didn't get pulled into it. Yeti Chomper's primary weapon can freeze a target, therefore you may not need to Goop the enemy at all.

Tips:

I cannot stress this enough, only pick on lone zombies or ones who lag behind in a group, as they are the most vulnerable to a Chomper strike, I have seen too many Chompers try to take on a 5 zombie group and they just get melted, so try to avoid being like them. Also, Foot Soldiers on roofs are a big problem to a Chomper, but a Yeti Chomper or a teammate could deal with them, so try to lay low and out of sight.

Message 1 of 2 (1,185 Views)

Re: My personal favorite Chomper stradegy

★ Guide

The Spikeweed tactic has been a solid way to score kills since GW2 first came out, and it's really nearly impossible to function well in multiplayer without using the trick. It's also important to note that spikeweeds destroy pirate barrels, rodeo cannons, and big bolt blasters. Also pulls zombies out of Turbo Twister, Impkata, and the Jackhammer.

Another trick I recommend using is (this doesn't work with sprint burrow because it doesn't last long enough) to burrow on the spot and wait. As long as you don't move, the little dirt mound vanishes, and unsuspecting players will walk right past you. Using this trick while being pursued by multiple players works quite well. Chomp the last one in line, then sneak up behind the others and use the same spikeweed tactic you just mentioned.

Message 2 of 2 (1,118 Views)