Re: Make the camo cactus like the GW1 version

by dortis

Original Post

@dortis wrote:

It actually was 60 dmg and 5 ammo, but that was without the ammo and damage upgrades.  The upgrades were really easy to get in GW 1, so maybe you forgot, but it will be 66 dmg and 6 ammo again once you level the camo Cactus up to Super Elite. 

There is no ammo upgrade it is replaced by the penetration upgrade. Putting the zoom in upgrade also helps alot.

Message 11 of 16 (747 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Back in my day, Camo cactoos had six shots. and stood a chance.

Message 12 of 16 (649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Cactus in general are my least favorite character.  It is such a grind to level them up.

Message 13 of 16 (637 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually the camp cactus is the exact same as the GW 1 version after tactical taco.  You just think it's nerves because you had the upgrades in GW 1 and probably forgot that you didn't in GW 2.  It still has 6 ammo and 66 damage with the upgrades, and 5 ammo and 66 damage without, if you add the damage and ammo upgrades, that is.

Message 14 of 16 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hate Camo cacktus. The zooming is very slow and has to keep re-zooming on every shot. The pointer shot also jump up after every shot. It's pain in the butt to readjust.

Looks they try to simulate a real snipper but real snipper kill one person with one bullet if hit on the head.  If they expect player went through this pain, they should make zombie dead if shot in the head, just like a real snipper. If this is over power, then make it critical hit so at least 2 bullets in the head.

Message 15 of 16 (571 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you think the Camo Cactus has a slow reticle focus then you certainly are not going to enjoy Captain Squawk as his is far slower than that of the Camo Cactus.

Both Class variants are intended to take a bit more skill and patience and both are intended to function from long to extreme range. The slower reticle focus is for game balance since both characters are capable of dealing large amounts of damage from extremely long ranges- on the Moon Base Z map I was able to snipe Peashooters back near their spawn area using Captain Squawk from a high vantage behind the first Tombstone and while they were returning fire their shots were falling short by several meters so I was taking no damage in return until they wised up and started pushing forward.

Message 16 of 16 (564 Views)