Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

by Soccer10149

Original Post

Re: Best characters in each class, plz share opinion!

★ Pro

Hum...I thought I already posted in here. So best class for each char imo:

Plant:

Peashooter: Plasma pea

Sunflower: Vampire Flower

Chomper: Fire chomper/armor chomper

Cactus: Future cactus

Citron: Basic

Rose: Basic

Corn: BBQ corn

Zombie:

Foot soldier: Camo ranger

Engineer: Sanitation expert/Roadie Z

Scientist: Marine Biologist

All-star: Basic/Tennis star

Imp: Pylon/Drake

Superbrain: Electrobrainz

Deadboard: Snarkbite

Message 11 of 48 (4,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Team Zombies

Scientist: Chemist

Engineer: Roadie Z

Soldier: Artic Trooper

All Star: Tennis

Imp: Lil Drake

Super Brainz: Cosmic Brainz

Pirate: Captain Sharkbite

Team Plants

Chomper: Hot Rod

Peashooter: Toxic

Sunflower: Stuffy Flower

Cactus: Zen, Fire

Rose: Normal (Really good if you use character upgrades)

Citron: Party Citron

Corn: BBQ Corn

Message 12 of 48 (4,380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Foot Soldier: Scuba Soldier -high damage and tracking works well with long range shots-

All Star: Tennis Star -Being able to close the gap between an enemy so you can use your abilities quicker drastically changes the formula of the All Star

Engineer: Ac Perry -Freezing and stun grenades, need I say more?-

Scientist: Computer Scientist -low reload time, high damage and a damage and speed multiplier upon legendary mode activation-

Imp: My least favorite class and I have tried each except the party variant and still haven't found a favorite so Bust

Super Brainz: Toxic Brainz -Toxic aura works great on a close range character incase you cant finish them off with attacks, also a damage and speed multiplier upon legendary activation-

Deadbeard: Captain Sharkbite -High damage, fast fire rate and his shotgun does not use 2 shots per fire-

Peashooter: Rock Pea -near similar standard pea damage with extra health and simply a speed reduction is cool with me-

Sunflower: Sun Pharaoh -High damage per second keeps this sunflower up to par with the new characters in terms of power-

Chomper: Unicorn Chomper - You wouldn't believe how stunned people get when they expect to fight a chomper head on and it teleports behind them and eats them- Team 313 Lets go! Standard smile

Cactus: Zen Cactus -Being able to control how much damage you choose to deal based on a situation by throwing away shots to multiply the last fews damage is a skillful change to the cactus.-

Citron: Ice Citron - EMP em, freeze em, kill em, boom bang boom.-

Corn: BBQ Corn - High fire rate, good damage and burning, he might be due for a nerf since all corns got a buff last update but I'll still say he's good.

Rose: Never like this character but I guess I'll say Fire Rose. -Fire burning and charge attacks make it a good enough character-
Message 13 of 48 (4,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just love the Ice variants. It is just so fun to freeze enemies and take their HP away when they can't move away & into cover.  

Plants:

Ice Cirton, Ice Rose, Ice Pea

Mob Cob (Really useful for clearing clusters of enemies)

Armor Chomper (Its nice to have health to get away from the enemies after borrow chomping one ff them)

Fire Cactus (I love to see the enemy slowly burn)

Vampire Flower (Its ability to leech life saved me quite a many times.)

Zombies:

Arctic Trooper, AC Perry,

Z7 Imp (just two words, Mass Effect!)

Electobrains (Nice crowd control with both melee and range and 200 HP!)

Captain Sharkbite (Great damage & decent splash damage)  

Palaeontologist (Same reason as Fire Cactus + shotgun at point blank range)

Tennis Star (No movement penalty while aiming)

Message 14 of 48 (4,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

depending on what im feelin like( i hurt my hand the other day so im nnot the best at aiming)

Toxic pea/ Agent pea ( toxic pea when i cant aim at all)

vamp flower/stuffy flower ( if i feel like the team needs a good healer i play stuffy)

hot rod chomp/fire chomper/ power chomper( i like to get away from enemies once ive had my zombie lunch)

zen cactus/ bandit cactus 

bbq corn

default rose

ice citron 

and the zombies

Default foot soldier

computer scientist

cosmic brainz

captain flameface/ captain cannon

lil' drake / S.H.R.Imp

ckricket star

welder/ electrictian

i dont have any legendaries unlocked besides computer scientist and disco chomper

Message 15 of 48 (4,325 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Though they're not the strongest but here are my favorites characters

Plant:

Peashooter: Toxic Pea

Sunflower: Plushie Flower

Chomper: Armor chomper

Cactus: Zen Cactus

Citron: Ice citron

Rose: Druid rose

Corn: BBQ corn

Zombie:

Foot soldier: Artic trooper

Engineer: Sanitation expert

Scientist: Zoologist

All-star: Motor X Star

Imp: Pylon

Superbrain: Electrobrainz

Deadboard: the fire one, what do you call that? lol i forgot the name

Message 16 of 48 (4,311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Zombies:

Imp - Lil Drake,Z7imp,Pylon Imp

Super Brainz - Electro Brainz

Pirate - Capitain SharkBite,Fire one..

Solider - Park Ranger,Camo Ranger

Engineer - Roadie Z,AC Perry,Welder

Scientist - Computer Scientist,Marine Biologist

All-Star - Tennis Star

Plants:

Citron - Frozen Citron,Electro Citron,Party Citron 

Rose - Druid Rose

Corn - BBQ Corn,Pops Corn

Peashooter - Fire Pea,Toxic Pea,Rock Pea 

Chomper - Unicorn Chomper,Yeti Chomper

Sunfower - Vampire Flower,Sun Pharaon,Alien Flower

Cactus - Zen Cactus,Future Cactus

Message 17 of 48 (4,271 Views)

★ Apprentice

why is this in guides and strategy? it is literally just opinions.

Message 18 of 48 (4,267 Views)

Team Plants

Pea: Agent/Toxic: Agent pea if your aim is good and toxic if you cant aim as good.

Flower: Shadow/Vampire: Shadow for the fire rate or vampire for the self healing.

Chomper: Fire/Electric/Hot Rod/Armor: Fire and Electric are good for clearing out a group of zombies, Hot Rod is good for fast movement after swallowing a zombie and Armor is good for heavy damage against tanky classes and extra health.

Cactus: Zen: Great direct damage and fine splash damage and allows the cactus to deal large amounts of damage if it gets a headshot.

Rose: Druid/Base: Druid deals ok constant damage if good enough aim with the extra poison damage, Base is also fine if you know how to play correctly.

Corn: BBQ: Basically the base with the extra fire damage making it the best out of all the corns.

Citron: Ice: E.M. Peach -> Freezing zombie -> Free kill.

Team Zombies

Soldier: Park Ranger/Camo: Park Ranger is great for dealing with groups of plants and Camo is good for single targets.

Scientist: Chemist/Zoologist: Chemist deals insane damage close up with a good spread, Zoologist deals good damage up close with its automatic weapon.

Engineer: Roadie/Plumber: Roadie is good at the cost of no range due to it stops plants from using abilities when being fired on, Plumber is good if you don't have the best aim due to splash deals good damage.

All-Star: Tennis: Extra movement speed makes him a threat and his weapon deals solid damage.

Pirate: sharkbite: Sniper does great damage on hit and ok splash, shotgun does ok damage with its quick firing.

Imp: Drake/Base: Drake deals good damage and fire helps, mech has no range and can be easily damaged if it cant get close enough, Base can deal major damage in a few seconds and mech has great range damage.

Super Hero: Electro: Chain damage deals huge damage to groups making it hard to deal with.

Eh thats what i think is the best class(s) but everyone has their opinion on it. Tongue out

Message 19 of 48 (4,250 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Some other people have really great detailed responses.

So I will give my approach when I am having a "bad game day" (you know when none of your regular plans work and you DIE everytime).

I like to keep it simple.

Either team I will choose a character variant (we have all except for legendary) that has a multiple hit ability when shooting.

Requirements must have one or more of...

1. Must have a ricochet shot (when you shoot near them it will splash or explode and hit them after).

2. Must injure the player after they are hit (character catches on fire and continues to be hurt after they are hit).

3. Must have a shot effect after the player is hit.

Choose a character that has exploding shot #1 (rock pea, petrified cactus, cannon deadbeard, engineer with concrete launcher)

Choose any character that applies to the fire or toxic class for #1 or #2.

Choose a character that has electrification ability. This applies to #2. But the electric pea shot is hard to control.

Choose any chomper and spit on players, any super brains and tornado attack or Moto Star has mud cannon that instantly disables super abilities for a few seconds. This applies to #3

This should help if you are having a bad game day.

Message 20 of 48 (41,264 Views)