Simcity: Sorry, your graphics card is below our min spec. The game will not run. Please see the README for details. [2001]

by jrealdeal

Original Post

Re: Simcity: Sorry, your graphics card is below our min spec. The game will not run. Please see the README for details. [2001]

★★★ Newbie

running an 8500gt you will only be able to play at the minimal graphical settings

Message 11 of 35 (4,368 Views)

Re: Simcity: Sorry, your graphics card is below our min spec. The game will not run. Please see the README for details. [2001]

★★★ Newbie

i got 2 X R9 270X in crossfire and i get that message to ...............

Message 12 of 35 (4,302 Views)

Re: Simcity: Sorry, your graphics card is below our min spec. The game will not run. Please see the

★★★ Newbie

So... after all the bad stuff on simcity, I still decided to try it out. The first thing I get is this stupid error message.

Really EA games? So you are telling me that I can play games like bioshock infinite, crysis 2, assasins creed, far cry 3, LA Noire, Max Payne 3 all on the highest possible settings with a resolution of 1920x1080 60 hz, but this silly little game is giving me this error message?

A job well done guys, a job well done

Message 13 of 35 (4,160 Views)

Re: Simcity: Sorry, your graphics card is below our min spec. The game will not run. Please see the

★★★ Newbie

Yep I have R9 270X and getting that also. Might be they aren't recognizing drivers.

Message 14 of 35 (4,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh god why didnt i read this before i spent the 60$ FFS, same high end vidoe card way above the required specs....................I want my money back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 35 (4,036 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@calisto69 wrote:

i got 2 X R9 270X in crossfire and i get that message to ...............

In your case, it is almost certainly a developer error, omitting the newest generation of Radeon GPUs.  Many games contain a database of acceptable / usable cards, plus borderline ones, and compare what Direct3D reports against the database.  That make for problems when duplicate numbering occurs, such as between Radeon 9800s and Geforce 9800s. 

Message 16 of 35 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been a fan of Sim City for years ever since 2000 hit the Playstation. I just bought a new computer the other day with 2 AMD Radeon 7250 video cards and dual graphics enabled (tried it with just the one, same problem) and while i can run 5 world of warcraft windows on different accounts at ultra graphics + Battlefield 4 at maximum without them even breaking a metaphorical sweat the new Sim CIty requires a better graphics card? If thats the case i want my $30 back. Better fix it or fix my payment EA

Message 17 of 35 (4,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This is Answers HQ.  It is not EA Help Center,  No business here, no buying, selling, refunding, etc. 

You need to visit the Radeon forums to find out what you bought.  TTBOMK, the Radeon 7200 dates back over ten years ago, and won't run any game more difficult than Solitaire.  Currently, there is no database anywhere with any "7250" device listed.  There was an HD 7750 that would work well enough . . this year's Radeon generation cards are the R7s and R9s. 

Message 18 of 35 (4,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fascinating!  Downloaded and playing on my i3 laptop wih integrated HD graphics. Didn't expect that, but such is my desire to play I thought I'd give it a whirl! Sure, resolution isn't brilliant but it works! 

Message 19 of 35 (3,980 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@theimprobable 

Did you ever determine exactly WHAT video graphics solution you had? 

Message 20 of 35 (3,974 Views)