No landscape

by dangit123

Original Post

No landscape

★★★ Newbie

I've recently bought SimCity and noticed that there's no landscape in it, only blue background. I've tried everything, from updating my drivers to re-downloading the game. One problem is that when I open the game it shows that my drivers aren't updated when in fact I know that my drivers are up to date, I even checked the version through regedit. Could the problem be with my graphics card?

Message 1 of 4 (1,002 Views)

Re: No landscape

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

(There had been) No way to guess, based on that too-brief summary, so: 

How to get a DxDiag and put it into a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 2 of 4 (996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, my bad. Here's the system information:

http://hastebin.com/ebodigimev.tex

Message 3 of 4 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dangit123 wrote:

I've recently bought SimCity and noticed that there's no landscape in it, only blue background. ... Could the problem be with my graphics card?

You do not HAVE any graphics card at all, and your graphics drivers are in fact YEARS too old, if that terrible IGP was actually adequate. 

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.160121-1718)
@     Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 380  @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
        Memory: 3072MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Chip name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 7/29/2010 03:58:10, 571904 bytes 

Simcity 2013 Requirements

Operating Systems:
SimCity will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
CPU:  Intel C2D E4400, 2 GHz, or AMD X2 4000
Video Card:   Geforce 7800 GT or Radeon HD 2600 XT with 512 MB VRAM
***NOTE: each of the above-mentioned must also have Shader 3.0 or better support, and it is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times.
2 GBs RAM
Direct3D Dx9
Needed space on HDD 10 GB
Optical Drive:
DVD-ROM drive required.

Internet Connection:
Players will need an Internet connection of at least 256 kbps download and 64kbps upload or faster.

Message 4 of 4 (987 Views)