GPU temperature rising up when playing SimCity

by andymax00

Original Post

GPU temperature rising up when playing SimCity

★ Novice

Hello everyone!

Am experiencing very high temperatures (80C) at my GPU when plying SimCity. Have not seen this problem on any other game.  In fact, whenever I play anything else I don't even hit 70C. GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760Ti with 2GB GDDR5 and processor is  i7-4790 @ 4.0GHz with 16GB RAM. I do have to say game does run smooth.

Hope you can help me out.

Kind regards!

Message 1 of 5 (420 Views)

Re: GPU temperature rising up when playing SimCity

★ Novice

Anyone? Please...

Message 2 of 5 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thermal problems are hardware related, not caused by software.  Fix your system.  Replace the GPU fan or clean it, whatever is required. 

Message 3 of 5 (410 Views)

★ Novice

That was by far the most ridiculous answer I have ever received. "Sir your car has a problem. Go buy a new one".

Anyways. Fan is clean and the computer is less than 3 months old. It can't be a hardware problem. And if (by any chance) this graphics card is not enough to play the game in a proper way, then EA has problem.

Try to be more cooperative or avoid those kind of answers... Whatever is required.

Message 4 of 5 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Since software cannot create a hardware problem, you already have the entire extent of any answer that is ever required to any claim such as yours.  Newness is totally meaningless! 

Message 5 of 5 (400 Views)