zombie characters advantage over plants

by dartharyesh321

Original Post

zombie characters advantage over plants

★★★ Apprentice

really, that's not fair .I think zombies have too much advantages over plants . one of which is that two zombie characters have 200 health points and only one plant character has 200 health points, there should be one more plant character to have 200 health points, and I see corn as a potential candidate, because he is a frontline fighter. I do not also agreeplants have no  that the zpg of the soldier makes a damage of 300 while the shuck shot of any corn makes a damage of only 150. I see here a deeply unfair difference . another thing that I think should be taken in consideration is that zombies have access to technologies like the z mech, missile madness and equivalent counterpart. there should be a similar counterpart on plants side.

Message 1 of 17 (807 Views)

Re: zombie characters advantage over plants

★★ Guide

You will be surprised, but there are players who feel the opposite - that the plants are much stronger than zombies.

While I agree with you - that zombies have the advantage over plants, truthfully it is a matter of opinion.  It is a very

close call between the two. But the edge goes to team zombie.  Example: When multiple Imp's transform to Mech's and attack the garden during the last 30 seconds

of Turf takeover (especially Little Drake fire breathing Mech), how do you stop that?

Reality is, Popcap made it almost equally balanced between the two teams.  But all games are never perfect.

My suggestion is, to accept the disadvantage and work your way to beat the odds. Get Good.  Accept it as a challenge.  Be the

underdog and kick the zombie's * and show them that despite the disadvantage, you can still do some whooping.

Thats what i did!

Keep playing and go team Green!

Message 2 of 17 (794 Views)

both teams are balanced. Its just the way that people use the characters. Zombies have the easier to use skills. And since 90% of people don't know how to aim, they choose to spam abilitys or use easy characters. Zombies with the better abilities (turbo twister, mech, gravity gernade, impkata, imp punt, sprint tackle, parrot drone, zpg, sonic gernade, sticky explode ball) while the easy to use plant abilitys are (burrow, chili bean bomb, pea gattling, husk hop, shuck shot, butter barage, empeach, citron ball)  Yea plants are limited by alot and the players skill would always choose zombies because they are easier to use.

Message 3 of 17 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've all ways felt plants where op

the game pits sniper plants vs shotgun zombies

in my time playing the zombies will hardly ever win unless they can close the gap the plants have a very easy victory

I mainly play domination but unless your running a team of imps plants won't have a chance of winning

Message 4 of 17 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The two are pretty much balanced, what makes or breaks a team are the players and their choices. What character they decide on for a certain game mode is really important. Some classes are good at doing one mode but horrible at the next. Like the Cactus for example is terrible at Vanquish Confirmed but excels at defense in Turf Takeover.

Message 5 of 17 (763 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

No such thing as overpowered. It's a balance game. Every character abilities has a counter attack.

For example: Z-Mech seems overpowered but Z-Mech can be easily taken out by Chomper, simply goop (sticky one) it and kill it from behind. Easy peasy. When I play as ZMech, I always watch out for Chomper otherwise my time in ZMech only last few seconds then have to wait for long time.

Message 6 of 17 (749 Views)

Hero (Retired)
After mastering all of the characters, and investing the play time into figuring out the best way to use each class and every variant in each class, you'll find that the game is as well balanced as any game with asymmetrical teams can possibly be all things considered.

The thing which can make one class or another seem overpowered or one variant or another seem impossible to deal with isn't the special abilities or the characters Health but the skill set and experience of the person playing it.

One very good player on one team or another, or a group of coordinated players communicating with voice chat and acting as a team can throw the game balance askew if the opposing team doesn't have a player or players capable of countering or the same team coordination.
Message 7 of 17 (745 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Its funny because right now someone said in a live stream that Plants are OP.

It's really just personal experience without the whole picture in mind. And GW2 is very chaotic.

If you are worried about HP you should see several Pea Shooters can bomb the place 24/7 with bean bombs. and after oyu have seen that you will come here and complain about how cheap Plants are with their area of effect attacks.

And talking about the shuck shot. It does not deal only half the damage of a ZPG. When you look closely at that skill you will realize it shoots 2 cobs, both dealing 150 damage maximum. Which mean 150 x 2 = 300. But instead of hitting only 1 target, those cobs can hit 2 at different ranges. Effectively dealing 150 dmg (instakill most classes) to each.

Shuck shot is similar to an ZPG, but their properties are completely different.

Message 8 of 17 (732 Views)

★ Guide

Foot Soldier raw damage output is OP. Foot Soldier 1-hit ZPG KO is OP.

Scientist 77 damage critical is too OP. Scientist Mega Heal bomb is too OP for self sustaining.

All Star isn't OP. Period. For as slow as he is and steep his learning curve is he's just fine.

Engineer Splash Radius is OP in the right hands. Bring back the Drone.

Imp is actually OP all around, but requires skill to pull off real staying power.

Mechs need to be their own character class and retooled entirely.

Pirate needs speed buff, his entire weapon/skillset makes him a close line fighter that punishes retreat.

Super Brainz.... is misunderstood by most players. He's fine where he's at. Party Brainz needs some help.

The Goat is beautifully made, should be given alternate abilities and outfits.

The Peashooter's Pea Gatling is OP. Bean Bomb is OP. Sometimes it's silent too!! Agility is abusive in any situation. Splash damage is ludicrous.

Sunflower is fine where she's at. I wouldn't complain if she moved like 5% faster. Fire rate should be upped 10% too on all variants.

Chomper is fine where he's at. All but metal variant could use 5-15 health boost. Consider chompers are easy to vanq if they're injured.

Cactus is a menace in the hands of right player. Needs retooling to be more accessible for pick-up & play so more use her.

Citron is fine where he's at. Toxic could use an increase to damage by about .5-1

Rose needs to be toned down, HOWEVER, due to a lack of playerbase who can use her properly, she's just fine. Most Roses prove ineffective. This being the case, Rose is fine.

Kernel Corn is amazing. He's EA/Popcap's baby and honestly, no matter what they do to him he remains perfect.

TOrchwood needs a slight speed boost. However, since him and Metal Petal work so well together, I would have to rescind this entire statement.

Message 9 of 17 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
  • While the DMG for Foot and Scientist are OP, the circumstances to inflict that DMG are not.  Not every player can safely approach a target with a scientist for a two shot KO
  • Pirate doesn't need a speed buff because he is a sniper with a great melee option. He shouldn't be fast on top of that.  Lets not forget he has an armored barrel to retreat in as well.
  • All Super Brainz need a speed buff except Toxic, because he is the best character in the game in Overload.
Message 10 of 17 (691 Views)