Re: nitro stat?

by richieluv76

Original Post

nitro stat?

★★★★ Guide

does anybody know for certain what difference it makes by increasing your nitro stat (other than the pr increase), either by tuning or just normal upgrades?

is it;

duration of burn?

faster recharge?

power of boost?

all of the above or something else?

been wondering this for quite a while as it could make a difference for tuning in brr depending on what car youre using

Message 1 of 5 (884 Views)

★★★ Guide

increases the total duration of Nos. For the other stats I honestly never did. If I'm new I'll let you know...

Message 2 of 5 (817 Views)

[ Edited ]

@richieluv76 and @Unicomessina Increasing Nitrous stats increases your acceleration (power of Nitrous boost) when Nitrous is being used. Try it out for yourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheRealJony the point i'm trying to make is why would you want a higher nitro stat and how to use nitro for the best effect

for example, an 8* LaF has a nitro stat of 10191, with 4 points of tuning that increases to 14550, i'm trying to understand the physics of things, so what is the effect of the nitro stat being higher

yes i know overall you'll get faster race times but its impossible to see the specific effects of a higher nitro stat whilst racing

so lets say that by increasing the nitro stat then that increases the recharge rate but the acceleration rate and duration of burn remain the same, then it makes a difference on whether you spam nitro after every corner or not, equally if the recharge rate remains constant but acceleration increases then you might use nitro differently, equally you might choose not to use tuning for nitro as spending those tuning points on top speed or acceleration give a more clearly defined benefit as increased top speed and increased acceleration are quantifiable

it all makes a difference, especially depending on what car you're using and what track you're racing on, again for example, the LaF has a low top speed compared to the CCX, so on a track with longer straights if you're using a LaF you may want to spend tuning points on top speed instead to compensate for the lower top speed stat, this can be of importance for player that are only getting 5-6 tuning points (btw personally i'm on 8 tuning points) 

Message 4 of 5 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]

@richieluv76 wrote:

@TheRealJony the point i'm trying to make is why would you want a higher nitro stat

for example, an 8* LaF has a nitro stat of 10191, with 4 points of tuning that increases to 14550, i'm trying to understand the physics of things, so what is the effect of the nitro stat being higher

so lets say that by increasing the nitro stat then that increases the recharge rate but the acceleration rate and duration of burn remain the same, then it makes a difference on whether you spam nitro after every corner or not, equally if the recharge rate remains constant but acceleration increases then you might use nitro differently, equally you might choose not to use tuning for nitro as spending those tuning points on top speed or acceleration give a more clearly defined benefit as increased top speed and increased acceleration are quantifiable

@richieluv76 Here's the answer:

@TheRealJony wrote:

@richieluv76 and @Unicomessina Increasing Nitrous stats increases your acceleration (power of Nitrous boost) when Nitrous is being used. Try it out for yourselves.

@richieluv76 wrote:

and how to use nitro for the best effect

Two things to use Nitrous at its full potential:

1. Spam Nitrous repeatedly at the beginning of the race to get up to speed quicker

2. Use Nitrous after a corner

@richieluv76 wrote:

yes i know overall you'll get faster race times but its impossible to see the specific effects of a higher nitro stat whilst racing

It's very simple.

Apply Tuning points to Nitrous for one race and don't apply Tuning points to Nitrous for the next race.

Compare race times between the two races for the differences.

@richieluv76 wrote:
it all makes a difference, especially depending on what car you're using and what track you're racing on, again for example, the LaF has a low top speed compared to the CCX, so on a track with longer straights if you're using a LaF you may want to spend tuning points on top speed instead to compensate for the lower top speed stat, this can be of importance for player that are only getting 5-6 tuning points (btw personally i'm on 8 tuning points) 

Before No Mans update, my answer would have been "It's useless to use Tuning points for Top Speed when you can't even reach your car's top speed on the Mountain tracks."

Now, my answer is "You're correct."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (463 Views)