nhl 17 PC

by younever_know8

Original Post

Re: nhl 17 PC

★★ Guide

Yet another thread posted on reddit with people looking for EA Sports games and wondering why they are non existent on the PC...https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4f6j4i/no_nhl_games_for_pc_but_they_make_lacrosse/

Message 11 of 28 (3,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Message 12 of 28 (3,099 Views)

★★ Guide

pretty dissapointing

Message 13 of 28 (3,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I hope other ea sports games return to pc someday

Message 14 of 28 (2,991 Views)

Champion (Retired)

i agree with you- NHL 17 should be on the PC. with me, all i have is the PC and the wii. And yes, i do play NHL 2K 11 Quite often on my wii! 

Message 15 of 28 (2,886 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is such a silly attempt at justifying the decision not to release the game on PC and its patently false at this point.

The cries of piracy, hacking, and mods are ridiculously flimsy and carry no weight anymore, especially when FIFA (arguably the biggest selling sports franchise in the entire world) is released year-in/year-out on PC, complete with FUT with all the bells and whistles of the console versions + it took almost an entire year for the latest games to be pirated in the first place due to the newest copy protection (Denuvo) that significantly delays a pirated version from appearing. 

The reason why NHL is not on PC anymore is because its a niche sport. The player base is significantly smaller. Its the same with games like the PGA series and even Rugby games. Piracy plays a part, but its growing more insignificant over time due to the progression made in stopping piracy.

Message 16 of 28 (2,876 Views)

★★ Novice

They are just afraid people make better mods, than they can make the game Wink

Message 17 of 28 (2,814 Views)

★★ Novice

I loved NHL 2002 with the cards! Would be nice to play NHL back on the PC!!

Message 19 of 28 (2,687 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I don't know for you, but since Nvidia has released the 1080 GTX, I bought a new machine and two of them in SLI.  I can play any games at 4K Ultra setting at around 100FPS.

Hockey is a fast pace action sport and console are lacking FPS and programmers often has to balance graphics and speed...

I pay every year for the console version, but from NHl15 to NHL17, we could have had a little update from EA, and that would have been fine.  There is no graphic improvement in 3 years. Same announcements, no more music between plays like it was in previous years.  It's really getting to a point why it's not a DLC, example : DLC16, DLC17 and the day they do a real new version V.2.0, they can charge 80$.   Now it's a rip off.

That's the reason why I am saying a new way to bring users to another level is to offer intense graphic via PC gaming.  There won't be hacking; it's a multiplayer games with constant updates.  Who will play offline? Come on.  It's not Tomb Raider where you can be offline.

I think there is a good door since Nvidia pushed the limits with this new baby in 4K.  There is even room for NHL in VR.  That's why EA has to jump back in PC action or they might have a surprise with other vendors that may be interrested in going that path.

Can you imagine NHL at 4K ultra settings with 60fps+ solid?  I would pay 80$ without a arguing. Right now, I am because there is no revolution in the graphics at all.  NHL17 is the same product as NHL15 (not talking about gameplay.. passes.. or * like that that can also be done on PS1 if you know what i mean).  The point here is "powerful" machine that are available right now and that are not mainstream.  Console will need to adapt and let users to increase memory/graphic cards or they won't survive with how solid is Microsoft Windows 10's idea of bringing gamers back their world (PC).  They don't care about consoles selling, they care about selling you air : games/apps that cost them only hours.  Console are expensive in research and development and 2-3 years are outdated now. 

#4K #VR

Message 20 of 28 (2,623 Views)