nhl 17 PC

by younever_know8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

nhl 17 PC

★★ Guide

Really want to see this title on PC, origin or otherwise.  Seems like the right time for EA Sports to jump back into the PC market.  Of course, Origin is completely sidelined when compared to Steam.  What could Origin possibly offer that Steam doesn't have...oh yeah THE ENTIRE SPORTS CATALOG at their disposal.  There's a gaping hole in the market for this on PC, people want to play NHL, NFL, golf and boxing.  

Message 1 of 28 (28,259 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: nhl 17 PC

Champion (Retired)

Answer from producer on foto

View in thread

Message 2 of 28 (35,901 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Answer from producer on foto

Message 2 of 28 (35,902 Views)

★★ Guide

Pirated software, hacking, mods. These are the main reasons why EA doesn't have a PC version. Could you imagine someone hacking the game and getting all the HUT cards? It's bad enough that we have losers profiting off of selling pucks, but give them the keys to sell HUT cards?

Message 3 of 28 (28,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

the last nhl game was in 2008 and it was a ps2 port at that maybe it whould not hurt to try now considering digital has grown so much since 2008 and contollers are now much more common place in pc games some even require them i whould love an nhl game on pc

Message 4 of 28 (28,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If EA was worried about HUT card hacking, they wouldn't have ported FIFA over last year. FIFA Ultimate Team is way more popular and revenue-filled than HUT. EA needs to get working on a port because its much easier with DX12 to port xbox games to PC

Message 5 of 28 (28,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I still maintain that the reason NHL is no longer on PC is because the current development team that took over in 2005 was upset with the mod community dramatically enhancing the game when they weren't under the EA umbrella, whereas the former development team in the early part of the decade had acknowledged and embraced it. Biggest case in point -- when was the last time EA held a community summit?

Message 6 of 28 (27,988 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for the response! Just thought i'd say there's yet another reddit thread regarding EA's statement to "regain the trust of the pc gamer" with multiple people waiting for EA to bring back sports titles...

"If they'd .... release games that'd be nice for PC. Like I don't know.... UFC, NFL, NBA"

"Totally missed NHL. That is honestly one of the 2 games I miss not owning a console. That and Forza."

"Then Bring Madden and NHL games back to PC!!!!"

"You can start by releasing Madden on the PC."

"NHL would be easy, huge following in many parts of Europe, Canada, and the US."

"Yep. I do love me some Madden and almost bought a next gen console for it this year. We get FIFA so we know the engine works on PC. Give me some Madden and NHL!"

"Bringing me Madden and NHL on PC will go a long way with me personally."

and the list goes on...

Link to thread here.

Message 7 of 28 (27,746 Views)

★★ Novice

It is amazing how pirated software, mods, hacking etc. doesn't seem to be a problem with FIFA franchise, which happens to be available on PC. That is a lousy excuse for not bringing NHL (or the other sport franchises) to PC. I love EA's NHL games but since I moved abroad and sold my console, I won't be buying new one. When (I want to believe they will do this one day) NHL comes to PC, I will buy the new version every year but until then I am afraid I have to play some other games.

Message 8 of 28 (27,620 Views)

★★ Guide

aww yes, bring back Madden for the PC. I miss the days of smoking opponents only to get booted and end up with a ff.

Message 9 of 28 (27,552 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I miss NHL on the PC, especially since the origins of the Series are on the PC in the early 1990s. It shouldn't be hard to port the Xbox One/PS4 console version to the PC either, as they've done it with FIFA 15 and 16, too. I'd purchase the PC versions of NHL 16 , 17 and onwards in a heartbeat!

Message 10 of 28 (27,394 Views)