mass effect andromeda dlc

by koling3

Original Post

Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

★★★★★ Apprentice
True. I think most people love this game, and it's got great potential for a trilogy. And the other person is right in saying there's no such thing as a perfect 100% game. As I stated before, I've played the Witcher 3 two times and loved it.. But it two had its bugs, so the next game needs to take as long as it needs. Add content to ME:A over the next year or so in dlc and more patches, then hopefully the new game will be out in 3-4 years (or as long as they need). You simply cannot just abandon a series like this with its huge fan base, and the face that you could literally make tons of sequels and prequels with the amount of stories there is to tell. I mean there's 13 different species, 14 now with the angara and 15 with the Kent. And that's without whatever species there will be in the rest of Andromeda! Each species has its own incredible history like the Turians, Asari, Salerian, the Kogan and the Gethsemane and of course.... Us. The Quarians and Geth wars would make a excellent prequel game. Turian Unification war and going even further..... The Asari first contact with the Citadel would make a good game as you could experience the councils first contact with the Salerians and Vorcha and Turians, then end it with the Turians encounter with Us. Which could lead into the First contact wars. I mean you could go on forever really.... But whatever BioWare does next, just no that you have some amazing followers who are loyal to Mass Effect. And we can't wait for whatever you have install for us next 😯🎮
Message 51 of 134 (2,216 Views)

★★ Pro

Personally I am thinking they tried to make Andromeda bigger and better than the previous ME games. Those were rather large shoes to fill and they may have bit off more than they could chew. Understandable, when younhave such large shoes - you want to do bigger and better the next time. If EA was more flexible with time, they may have pulled it off. The potential is totally there, the execution fell short and is now being cleaned up.

However, its much easier once the games there and made to 'add' to that engine later with sequels so I dare say we will see a smoother ride for the sequels, should they come our way. Also for any dlc. So we shall see, hopefully this isn't the end of it. So many questions and such a large potential for more exploration with new characters and worlds.

Message 52 of 134 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Many believe since they shut down the house where Mass Effect was made and moved most of those people to a different location means that Mass Effect is done.  I do not believe that myself.  There is nothing stating that ME can be developed on from the Texas location or anywhere else for that matter.  Code doesn't know geographic location when being developed.

I would be surprised if they didn't do DLC.  I would be surprised if the don't do another one for that matter.  Bioware has made games in the past that were dogged and treated harshly.  But they would come back in the next one and make it better.  One shining example is the Dragon Age series.  Dragon Age Origins was great.  2 was universally hated by the majority.  Then Inquisition was hailed with great vigor.

So no, I don't think the Andromeda saga is done.  I think they may be stepping back and looking at it, but not calling it done yet.  At least I hope, I need the Quarian DLC and the DLC to cure Ryder's mother.

Message 53 of 134 (2,072 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hey! Some of us like DA2! 

I still haven't completed DAO...

Message 54 of 134 (2,062 Views)

★★ Novice
If they gave mass effect 2 and dragon Age inquisition 3 dlc packs they have to give Andromeda at least 3. I had more bugs and issues with mass effect 2 than I did in the other 3 mass effect games and don't even get me started with inquisition. I'm guessing either mid July early August you will here more about DLC. Honestly it doesn't take a whole development team to make DLC so the whole reason they downsized the team and but a freeze on the other mass effect games is because you have star wars battlefront 2 coming out in the next few months. Once that gets off on its own feet they can begin production on the other mass effect games that are planned. I would love a mass effect game where the story revolves around being from another species like choosing your race . Andromeda was suppose to be a one and done game any way so they need DLC to wrap up loose ends
Message 55 of 134 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if EA/Bioware:

1) Just kept milking the MP additions while simultaneously inputting more SJW/Nomad "additions" through patches.

2) Out of spite, began to show N7-themed Freelancer Armor for pre-orders to Anthem.

EA is a money-making machine. The only way I see them releasing Single player DLC is if they did an Expansion pack for about $30 wrapping up most of the questions of the Story and leaving the franchise to die after releasing a full-priced "complete edition" about 2 months later.

The fact they are basically doing what they did with ME3 (pandering to the GoW shooty-mcshoot-shoot crowd) with Anthem (trying to compete with Destiny) shows they have no desire to build on Bioware's rich RPG reputation except for use as a talking point.

I for one, as a loyal Bioware fan, even through garbage like DA2 and the end of ME3, have no intention of giving EA anymore money after seeing what they did to ME:A with 5 years of development time and allowing their staff to only really work on it for about a year and a half.

Holding the Wallet.

Message 56 of 134 (1,959 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

MEA DLC is one kickstarter I would gladly help fund. The more ME the better !

Well i was just thinking if they sold 500,000 ME:A games at $60 then that's 30 million $$$ in one shot right there. And i bet they sold more than that around the world. Wink

Nice 

Message 57 of 134 (1,950 Views)

★★ Novice
If they gave Aliens Colonial marines Like 5 DLC packs and gave Alien isolation a DLC pack, there is no way that bioware or EA are not going to give Mass Effect Andromeda single player DLC. Aliens Colonial marines is one of the worst games of this decade, It's on the actually list. Alien isolation had and average score lot lower than mass effect andromeda's roughly 77 to 83 percent score across the trusted game critics. So just because the game did well but didn't get the ratings you thought it would, is no excuse to not get it DLC. I'm giving a rough estimate since mass effect 3 and mass effect andromeda both released in the march month and mass effect got it's first DLC in August, expect word of DLC in late July early August.
Message 58 of 134 (1,905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@arthurh3535 wrote:

Hey! Some of us like DA2! 

I still haven't completed DAO...

Me too, I liked DA 2, but DAO better, and i recall the DA Toolset was cool also. Good stuff. :eahigh_file: 

Message 59 of 134 (1,892 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I romanced Liara first game, second and third on my first play through. Then ash 1,2 and 3 on 2nd play through. Then Liara 1st Jack 2nd and 3rd on 3rd play through. My favorite was Liara, just something about her, plus she's super hot! Asari truly are the most sexiest of them all 😎 plus her voice is amazing, in all my 30 odd play throughs of the trilogy, I never actually got round to romancing Miranda. Well I guess il have to correct that at some point Hey 😎. Piece out
Message 60 of 134 (1,868 Views)