input lag/delay hut nhl 17

by nhlfanfon

Original Post

Re: input lag/delay hut nhl 17

Community Manager

@XxRalfyBoy11xX

If possible, we always recommend a wired connection as that will provide a much more stable connection when compared to Wi-Fi. Changing the relative position of your console and Wi-Fi can help improve connection quality if you do not want to, or cannot use a wired connection.

barry.png
Message 11 of 18 (2,150 Views)

★ Novice
At least a response of we're looking into it would sound better a lot have been complaining about this for a long time. I work for my isp just started testing 1gb down and it's still the same. Definitely not a local problem unless your server doesn't like certain areas. Chicago to Vancouver is a pretty big adea
Message 12 of 18 (2,120 Views)

★★ Novice
I have many online games, on different consoles on same consoles on PC on my phone on my laptop etc etc... this is the ONLY game that lags ... the servers are trash and u guys never update anything. So many dumb glitches that are probably easy fix and never get fixed. When am I gonna be able to play my favorite game again?? The lag on this game drives me crazy please fix!!!
Message 13 of 18 (2,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm the ranked #1 skater for nhl17 eashl and I have the same issues I don't lagg but my connection is terrible the other team is faster and I have a hard time doing any of my moves and my computers are even worse honestly I've tried everything and I don't know what to do EA please help me
Message 14 of 18 (2,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You guys ever heard of latency?? Round-trip-time?? If you aren't close to the EA servers (I think they are Dallas) you will have a very noticeable input lag because your packets are travelling through a series of hops/routers to their server, and then the server sends a response that has to travel all they way back. Unfortunately in 2017, the Internet Protocol fails in many ways to deliver a Quality of Service that we demand. TCP/IP is a super dated, yet best case solution for the internet. So either move to Dallas or wait about 10-15 years for a new internet model to replace this current antiquated version that relies on old and unreliable overlays. This has nothing to do with throughput rate so your connection speed is irrelevant.
Message 15 of 18 (1,992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah the problem is that EA likes to blame everyone else but them. The game is absolutely trash. The servers are even worse than trash. What I find ironic, is it's probably a glitching scumbag. I have this problem literally every game I play with zero statistics to support lag. I find it funny how I always have this bull * lag and everyone of my opponents seem completely unaffected. I tested this on multiple internet service providers with 100mb down and 10mb upload as a minimum. I used Xfinity, Verizon, att gig fiber, WOW 110mb, and guess what, all the same exact issues. My speeds on the Xbox are 115mb down with 14mb up and 60ms latency which is under 1/10th of a second. Coincidence much? Funny how my opponents seem to play by a different set of rules with A super star juggaurnaut unstoppable AI while mine just checks themselves. His AI is like a hungry LION hunting for pray, an unstoppable Force like lightning and literally invincible. My AI just graduated middle School and can barley tie their shoes...last time I ever buy this trash game
Message 16 of 18 (1,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my online hut record is now around 3-500+ and I can barely move out of my own end..I go from stomping comp 18-0 or 16-3 to proceed onlline to get completely molested and embarrassed..i havent even got a shot on goal in over 5 games now and havent scored in at least 15 or so ...since I owned the game from its inception back in what 89-90? like 25 years or more ..combined with raping computer, i have concluded its my ping etc etc

looks like im averaging 50-70 ..if I could get down into the 30 or so I bet I could move out of my zone and even get a shot away on goal ..i guess they call this input lag ..feels like my men are at the minimum 50% slower than any other mode and can barely turn or move at first , by the time i can do anything feels like im behind the play ...its nothing but forecheck, raping, score, *, breakaway, * ..* * * ..no random player online in over 500 games all cant be this good ..i am going to break something soon ..it has to be the lag/ping input latency ...i just hammered the comp again and stopped after 20 goals ..nothing more to prove offline ..wish I could translate the same smooth play online just one game to get a win ..the few wins i have were flukes ..the goals were flukes and I really dont want credit for them..dont care if I lose as mush as ust being able to move up ice and shoot or pass a little bit ..ya, its that bad i am begging to just get a shot off for once maybe even score a goal  

Message 17 of 18 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i feel you, i dont think I even made it passed center ice in over 10 games, i dont understand how all these teams poke and check like they do except it feels like I am underwater in mud and cement half speed  ..i cant even get a shot on goal , barely pass. ..im ready to kill someone 

Message 18 of 18 (1,735 Views)