Re: input lag/delay hut nhl 17

by RedBull1973JL

Original Post

input lag/delay hut nhl 17

★★ Newbie

When I tryed play online game I still got input lag and game is unplayable on hut mode.Slow response players,cant pass,pokecheck,bodycheck or score due input lag 1second.Followed instruction but didnt help me. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/nhl/nhl-17/improve-your-nhl-17-connection ports is opened-checked by portforwarding app,upnp on/off-tryed both, static ip on ps4,deleted save on ps4,reinstall ps4,clear cache on ps4 and pc is well,no mallware-checked by spybot,malwarebytes.Any help?

Message 1 of 18 (14,861 Views)

★★ Novice
I get input lag in eashl too! I have a very good internet connection 120+mbps download and 20+mbps upload! I play wired and my nat is opened! 1 night out of 5 the game runs perfectly smooth! Its so fun to play when its running smooth but its killing them game when its not!
Message 2 of 18 (14,776 Views)

Community Manager

@sebmachine22

Your sounds like a local issue. If you can determine what is changing between the nights where everything is good and nights where it is not then you can make the required changes. Factors to look into: time of day, other usage on your connection, wired vs. Wi-Fi, has the console and router been recently power cycled etc.

barry.png
Message 3 of 18 (14,772 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok my router is a linksys ea 6900 wich is pretty good and recent.. I always play wired and even if im directly plugged in the modem it doesnt change.. I've tested having nothing else but my xbox plugged in multiple times and it doesnt change a thing.. And obviously when im plugged directly in the modem there cant be anything else interrupting.. Usually the game delay is more in the point hours (6:00-12:00pm) eastern time.. Past midnight it gets a bit better but theres still a bit of game delay, just enough to be annoying and hard to compete.. I get nice clean lag free nights once every little while, lets say once every 5-10 days.. Hope this will get corrected.. On the in game menu (network performance) my pis is usually 16-17 and still theres delay.. Thanks
Message 4 of 18 (14,757 Views)

★★ Novice
My **Ping is 16-17
Message 5 of 18 (14,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem over 16 month and ea no responded.Only ignore this problem.I readed few topic on trustpilot uk and no one recomennded this company due game issue,no support.And highly not recommended this company.ea just going down to hill.What is wierd that all rest games non Ea worked perfect no issuue.If you play fifa,nhl,bf,nfs always is problem with connection,lag and Ea just say this is local.If will be local problem then rest games must have same issue.But what is suprise that rest game worked ok and game from ea no.Ea just made bad game and program is well.

Message 6 of 18 (14,729 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well.  It doesn't matter if I'm playing NHL 15, 16, 17, Legacy on PS4 or 360.  It doesn't matter which game mode I play on.  It doesn't matter how I configure my router.  NOTHING I do matters.  The game plays slightly better when I DON'T use QOS, go figure, but no matter what it is visually obvious that my opponent if faster all game long. Their hits destroy me where mine don't even register.  Everything I do is slower and weaker than my opponent, no matter how bad they are.  My AI skaters take one penalty after another all game long in addition to the ones I commit.  My opponent's AI react before I do things where my AI take 3 seconds to react to what happened.  It hasn't always been this bad, but lately it's an ALL THE TIME thing.  No matter how I set things up my internet stats look just fine.  My connection is always 60/5 Down/Up.  The games I play are always less than 50ms with some as little as 20.  It's worse when the network graph is variable, but even when it is flatlined it's pretty bad.

There is clearly a network issue somewhere wreaking havoc on this game.  I can't find the issue.  All of my testing shows things are normal and consistent like they have always been.  It's worth noting my TV has been on Game Mode the whole time as well.  This is quite frustrating to not be able to play my favorite game because of all of these issues.

Message 7 of 18 (14,543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

100% i agree with you.Got same issue,contacted ea bu not responded and I get ban on this forum for no reason.This problem is same on fifa 17.See bugs topics nhl and fifa 17.Best way is throw this unplayable games to the bin like my other friends already did.Ea just looking only for own profit and never will help you.

Message 8 of 18 (14,433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here is my case no.

#26794983 ( NHL 17 / Technical support / Sony Playstation 4 ) NHL 17- PS4- Input lag / delay In Progress
Message 9 of 18 (14,424 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same exact problem here in Chicago Il totally FRUSTRATING....switched routers modems upped internet speed all to NO AVAIL....had technicians come out and check my lines....what a surprise everything checks out FINE.....had this same exact issue since NHL 12 when I first started playing online....game is AWESOME when it runs smooth but that's very seldom.....only luck I have had after portforwarding and all the other suggestions is I disconnect my router and play directly connected to my modem...instead of 1 in 10 decent games where I don't feel in quicksand game runs smoothly 8 out of 10....luckily EA has no competition in hockey cuz I would of definitely switched to another game even though I LOVE this game
Message 10 of 18 (13,250 Views)