chicken/pop tarts mission

by abc1426918355

Original Post

chicken/pop tarts mission

★★★★★ Apprentice

can I ask who thought of these missions?

these are really the only challenges you can fail, the chicken timer is never long when they spawn all the way across the map and you have no peashooters or citrons to speed get them

same thing for the pop tarts unless you have a engi/scientist gl

Message 1 of 7 (622 Views)

Re: chicken/pop tarts mission

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you're playing offline co-op, you can switch between bots and you'll still be carrying the chicken/popsmart. I like to play peashooter to grab them, then switch to cactus since they like to keep close to the garden.

Message 2 of 7 (608 Views)

Great tip, Buba, I didn't know the item would transfer when hot swapping.  That makes it a lot easier.  Though frankly, when playing solo it's rare for it to be very difficult to get to both objectives and bring them back. In coop it can be almost impossible, depending on which map you're on and the spawn locations, even if all players are going for them.

What really aggravates me about this mission in solo play is that it deprives me of an entire wave of vanguishes, and the same for checkpoint race.

Message 3 of 7 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

the last time I got the mission was on Colosseum where they spawned on the multiplayer spawns and one on the pick up spot

me and the chomper managed to get 2 of them but the clock ran out as soon as we turned around

Message 4 of 7 (592 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The Purple Chicken/Pop Smart retrieval challenges can be completed, but all the Players (including Bots) need to contribute and it usually means concentrating just on getting the items.

The number of Chickens or Pop Smarts which spawn will scale to the size of the team so as long as you don't get distracted by combat it can be accomplished but you are at a disadvantage if playing with Bots because they often don't respond the way Players would.

Message 5 of 7 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yea on solo or with bots its very easy because there are only 2 and you have like 50 seconds then you get 20 once you get a chicken/tart. But on multiplayer you have to get 4 and then the 35 seconds on the timer and every chicken/tart gives you like 15 seconds. You will aways have like 5 or less seconds left before you return the item. Also when your team is stupid or dosen't help, its always impossible. 

Message 6 of 7 (574 Views)

What REALLY sucks is when you open a coop game that no one joins and you get one of these missions.  Your only choice is to ignore and fail the missions in order to vanguish the enemies.

Message 7 of 7 (539 Views)