Re: cat v dino

by PurpleKudzu423

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

I think the main issue with AFK Players in Cats v Dinos might be that the games are so short and fast paced an absent Player really won't be idle long enough to actually time out of the server because the round ends before the server has a chance to really notice and kick them.

During the set of matches I participated in I didn't encounter very many players who were obviously absent; although I did see a couple who were clearly just messing around and not playing the objective, but you almost have to expect that in a community where you have a large number of children playing.

Message 11 of 13 (112 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@realitysquared wrote:

I think the main issue with AFK Players in Cats v Dinos might be that the games are so short and fast paced an absent Player really won't be idle long enough to actually time out of the server because the round ends before the server has a chance to really notice and kick them.

During the set of matches I participated in I didn't encounter very many players who were obviously absent; although I did see a couple who were clearly just messing around and not playing the objective, but you almost have to expect that in a community where you have a large number of children playing.

Not only the determined idlers ruin this mode. In my games there is also always that one guy who just stays behind to hide and then tries to avoid combat for as long as possible to drag it out forever. It's painful to watch and a waste of time.

I can certainly not stand more than one game of this and then leave again. And with luck it's just the last round with a quick payoff.

Message 12 of 13 (105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Couldn't agree more!!! We recently played and there was this one guy who I won't name here that must have been using some type of cheat or bot thing because he always stayed in one spot and would shoot his laser for 2 seconds then turn, shoot laser 2 seconds then turn, rinse and repeat for the entire game. Yeah he was bagging stars but whoevers team he ended up on each time was dragged down by having an afk member. So ridiculous when you are trying to win and are stuck with folks who want a free ride and can cause the team to lose. I wish the team could have the option to vote to kick a player. That way you could handle folks like this and keep it fair.

Message 13 of 13 (79 Views)