blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

Re: blackridge rivals

[ Edited ]

@GabeLogan100 wrote:

@GabeLogan100 wrote:

@vipucho wrote:

And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever.

Bloody good point my friend.

@The RealJony wrote:

@GabeLogan100 I hope you don't really ram real players in Multiplayer races because you would be sent to heaven by me if you do IF Multiplayer races ever do come to No Limits.

If it was Multiplayer versus each other like in any other gaming competition wouldn't that be the point, to hinder your opponents ability to beat you? Or is this the Marquis of Queensbury rules gone crazy....?

Uhh...no.

The point of racing is to see who is the fastest. To see who can finish the race the fastest. That's why you see "First to the finish" every time you do a Blackridge Rival race.

Now, there's a difference between blocking and ramming.
Blocking means you're not letting someone pass you. That's fine as you're forcing your opponent to come up with a different way to pass you or forcing your opponent to wait for a good opportunity to pass you.
Ramming means you're hitting someone and causing them to crash. That's NOT fine as you literally ruined the race for them by causing a drastic change to their speed, direction, or even altitude (if you're a really good rammer like me).

I'll add this in: Trade Paint
Trade Paint is contact with your opponent's car that causes a very small change to their direction (and very little speed loss). This is fine as it makes races a lot more intense whenever people attempt to overtake each other.

I'm more than sure you wouldn't want to get a taste of your own medicine whenever you get rammed by another rammer, especially me when I can send my opponents flying.

To sum up:
Blocking is ok.
Trading paint is ok.
Ramming is NOT ok.

If you want to ram, then ram the AIs. That's what I do whenever I feel like ramming (and to get $500 for each takedown).

@THEJAJO wrote:
As you wish @TheRealJony.

Alright, stick with your SRT Viper GTS.

Your Koenigsegg CCX and Ferrari LaFerrari aren't fast enough for Blackridge Rival races. Those cars need more upgrades to be competitive.

Off-Topic: I won a Blackridge Rivals race against a cheater.
The cheater's car was a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT and had infinite nitrous.
Knowing that I couldn't block or ram the cheater, I just drove like I normally do and won against that scum.
I would have lost if that cheater's car was a Super car or a Hyper car...
These cheaters are so annoying, but it felt good winning a race against a cheater. Just like how I used to win races against cheaters when NFS World was still online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 41 of 312 (2,518 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dear EA, 

By far, without a doubt, Blackridge Rival is the WORST update ever. I would rather prefer races with VP's as rewards than to a race some cheats. And I dont know if anybody noticed, when you click "pre season" under blackridge rivals, it says "recorded races". Hold on, what does "recorded races" mean here? 

Message 42 of 312 (2,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The RealJony wrote:

@GabeLogan100 I hope you don't really ram real players in Multiplayer races because you would be sent to heaven by me if you do IF Multiplayer races ever do come to No Limits.

If it was Multiplayer versus each other like in any other gaming competition wouldn't that be the point, to hinder your opponents ability to beat you? Or is this the Marquis of Queensbury rules gone crazy....?

@GabeLogan100 Uhh...no.

If you want to ram, then ram the AIs. That's what I do whenever I feel like ramming (and to get $500 for each takedown).

^^That's right, so therefore EA promotes the ramming as part of competition gameplay! But ill remember not to ram you as you sound so godlike in a car....Thinking

Nerd

Message 43 of 312 (2,482 Views)

[ Edited ]

@vipucho wrote:

Dear EA, 

By far, without a doubt, Blackridge Rival is the WORST update ever. I would rather prefer races with VP's as rewards than to a race some cheats. And I dont know if anybody noticed, when you click "pre season" under blackridge rivals, it says "recorded races". Hold on, what does "recorded races" mean here? 

@vipucho Recorded races are races you do in Blackridge Rivals (only if you finish the race) and your car becomes a ghost for someone if the game match-makes them with you.

For example, Person A did a race with Person B's ghost.

Person A finished first place.

Person A's car and driving are recorded to be used as an ghost opponent.

Person C then gets match-maked with Person A's ghost.

Person C finished second place.

Person C's car and driving are recorded to be used as an ghost opponent.

Off-Topic: I won a second race against a cheater with infinite nitrous.

This cheater drove a Koenigsegg CCX, so normally I would lose.

However, the race I did had Nitro Zones to replenish Nitrous if driven over. So I kept driving over those Nitro Zones and kept my speed so high that the cheater was unable to catch up.

It feels awesome to beat cheaters while playing the game how it's supposed to be played.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

Message 44 of 312 (2,439 Views)

★ Novice
I hate them. Only reason I do them is because I want gold. I can't stand....
I get hit with lightening bolts to slow me down but I can't hit them back it only happens when I'm in lead very irritating
I can't choose my opponent.. understandable but I want to be able to at least know it in advance to say no to it so I don't have to lose points when I am a 825 and they are a 949.. at least make it reasonable.. or maybe only let us race with our exact match for pr.. that would be fair and it would be strictly the racer against racer not just the type of car against type of car..
I don't know what this preseason thing is I read it yes but I am over level 60 I'm level 91 and I don't know if it started if I'm in it or how to win...
speed points I know what they are but what is the real point of them just for rank? I want to actually win something beneficial to the rest of the game besides cash for losing an unfair race
And what's with this ghost thing... like I understand it's not that fair when you block someone on purpose from passing you or when you ram them but to be honest it makes it feel like it's more of a race me against another person. It's not fair if a car can pass right through you to win. They should have to go around me. Just like running a marathon pass through me nope around me..

Yes I rambled I have been mad I have a few other problems that if you read this through your reading them now
Will the event give us blue prints for Nissan as well I don't want to use my gold on crates for Nissan.. I am maxed out 4 star and all purple from chop shop and I need like 10 more bp Frown I already have Ferrari from last black ridge just want to upgrade it Frown please help

And second problem.. why did they create race skips. If I only have so much gas and I want to use that on races I can actually make more cash off of instead of on another race. I have a * ton of them and I won't use them because I need cash and yes I would rather skip a race I don't want to use the fuel. I wish I could trade in race skips and visual points they are useless to me. I have like 2 million visual points and I haven already bought just about everything in the shop.
I love this game just want more cash and gold
Message 45 of 312 (2,409 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@koah7341 wrote:
And what's with this ghost thing... like I understand it's not that fair when you block someone on purpose from passing you or when you ram them but to be honest it makes it feel like it's more of a race me against another person. It's not fair if a car can pass right through you to win. They should have to go around me. Just like running a marathon pass through me nope around me..

Well, I guess making p2p races is next to impossible, since the reactions needed are in fractions of seconds, and there is no way to transfer data across mobile platforms that fast around the globe. Thus we race against pre-recorded races of other players. And if you tackle your opponent or interfere in any way, what should the game do? So they are ghosts.

@koah7341 wrote:
And second problem.. why did they create race skips. If I only have so much gas and I want to use that on races I can actually make more cash off of instead of on another race. I have a * ton of them and I won't use them because I need cash and yes I would rather skip a race I don't want to use the fuel. I wish I could trade in race skips and visual points they are useless to me. I have like 2 million visual points and I haven already bought just about everything in the shop.
I love this game just want more cash and gold

Well, I feel it the other way - let the race skip be optional, that is, do not limit number of race skips available. If you have time, want practice or more cash, just race. If you are in a hurry, do not want to waste your fuel, but cannot afford to race, just use skips, whats the matter? Since level 80 or so the repetition was so boring that I raced most of my races on easydrive anyway. And raceskip is just a tiny bit worse cash-wise, but a lot better time-wise.

Message 46 of 312 (2,396 Views)

★ Guide
Has someone tried to close game while loading the race? Would that count as a lose?
Message 47 of 312 (2,385 Views)

[ Edited ]

@koah7341 wrote:
I get hit with lightening bolts to slow me down but I can't hit them back it only happens when I'm in lead very irritating

@koah7341 You were supposed to dodge the incoming ESFs (Electro Static Field) to avoid losing speed.

If you dodge the ESFs successfully, then you would be awarded some In-Game Cash and a bit of Nitrous.

@koah7341 wrote:
I don't know what this preseason thing is I read it yes but I am over level 60 I'm level 91 and I don't know if it started if I'm in it or how to win...
speed points I know what they are but what is the real point of them just for rank? I want to actually win something beneficial to the rest of the game besides cash for losing an unfair race

It's mentioned in the Blackridge Rivals tutorial that there are rewards for participating in Blackridge Rivals.

The rewards could possibly be better with more SP. You never know until you find out at the end of Preseason. Wink

Off-Topic: As you all probably know by now, I'm #1 on the Top 200 leaderboard in Blackridge Rivals.

A couple of days ago, it seemed the players that were above me were all cheaters...

Need For Speed helper

Message 48 of 312 (2,352 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheRealJony Now, that is SOME lead you have here, grats. I'd be scared to race more, as you can easily lose a day worth of racing on a single mistake, while gains are very small.

On your way to be the first Icon, right?

BTW, why is that you keep whitening out the Lover part of your nickname, when we all can see it in the game anyway? ;-)

Message 49 of 312 (2,335 Views)

@HeretikJirka wrote:

@TheRealJony Now, that is SOME lead you have here, grats.

@HeretikJirka Thanks! Appeciate it. Standard smile

@HeretikJirka wrote:

I'd be scared to race more, as you can easily lose a day worth of racing on a single mistake, while gains are very small.

I had made mistakes a few times and those obviously costed me the race and deducted 55 points off.

Hey, I'm human. I make mistakes every once in a while. Wink

I never thought it was possible, but it is...

Winning against real opponent ghosts doesn't award me points anymore. At the same time, there's no one out there that has a higher SP score than me so I'm bound to earn very little points if I'm lucky.

The only way I could earn SP now is if the game gives me an AI ghost to race with. The AI ghosts have extremely high SP score, so the rewards for winning are high.

@HeretikJirka wrote:

On your way to be the first Icon, right?

I sure am!

Hopefully, the game gives me AI ghost opponents instead of real player ghost opponents since real player ghosts don't give me points anymore...

@HeretikJirka wrote:

BTW, why is that you keep whitening out the Lover part of your nickname, when we all can see it in the game anyway? ;-)

I normally want my name to just be "Jony", but it was already taken.

I also want to be known as "Jony" as well. That's why I keep removing part of my In-Game name.

The reason why I added "TheGirlLover" to my In-Game name is self-explanatory.

I don't need to explain anything. Wink

Need For Speed helper

Message 50 of 312 (2,306 Views)