blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

Re: blackridge rivals

★ Guide

The event is really nice, I like it, however I'm getting more frustrated than satisfied playing the game. It is not giving me such pleasure as before.

There is to many traffic, in the places you won't expect it.

The opponents usually have better cars, from higher classes, which in fact are unbeatable, even when you drive super-clear, almost perfect.

The most frustrating is when police roadblock stop you and the ghost opponent drive throw.

The jumps - you are flying right into the bridge, high, high away.

0_o

Message 21 of 312 (3,186 Views)

★ Guide
Game keeps crashing and it's costing me a bunch of pts!!!
Message 22 of 312 (3,171 Views)

[ Edited ]

@scottfollett wrote:
the ppl at the top obviously bought the CCX blueprints for 130 CANADIAN currency! Not a chance of me doing that!

@scottfollett I don't spend any money on No Limits (like I always keep saying that around here) and I'm at the top of the leaderboard.

@AngelaBinks wrote:

@richieluv76 wrote:

i can understand the "ghost" races, as those races are in escence a time trial type race and the "ghost" image is to show what/how your opponent raced, ive got issues with the fact that i dont seem to progressing

Same here. Whenever I get close to 2800 SP, I'll somehow lose to anyone with a lower score without even making any mistakes. They either have a ridiculous acceleration or capable of doing a perfect line. In the end I don't find this to be of any difference than the tournament. 

@AngelaBinks Your opponents look like they have ridiculous acceleration, but they kept their speed high with minimal speed loss on corners in reality. 

There is a partial difference between Blackridge Rivals and Tournaments.

Blackridge Rivals = Racing against ghosts of real players (Not live real players)

Tournaments = Racing against AIs

@GabeLogan100 wrote:

@vipucho wrote:

And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever.

Bloody good point my friend.

@GabeLogan100 I hope you don't really ram real players in Multiplayer races because you would be sent to heaven by me if you do IF Multiplayer races ever do come to No Limits.

@scottfollett wrote:
Are u racing the CCX at 989 or a LaFerrari at 981?

Do you mean someone's own car or an opponents' car?

If you mean opponents' car, then there's no way to see their PR in Blackridge Rivals.

@THEJAJO wrote:
From my point of view the conclusion is only one - pay to win.
So I'm going to lose, some of races. Wink

@THEJAJO I have never spent any money in No Limits, yet I'm in the Top 10 of the leaderboards. Tongue out

@richieluv76 wrote:

what i'd like to know is how can a 989 ccx without making any mistakes lose to a viper

@richieluv76 Simple.

You lost a lot more speed during cornering than the opponent with the SRT Viper GTS.

@AngelaBinks wrote:

@richieluv76 wrote:

what i'd like to know is how can a 989 ccx without making any mistakes lose to a viper

@richieluv76 Trust me. It happens, and it happends a lot. SPs or PRs are indicative only. The game will automatically 'adjust' the true power of your opponents once it finds you embarking on a winning streak. 

Well...I can say otherwise.

So far, I had wiped the floor of my opponents in the majority of the races I did.

@THEJAJO wrote:

@AngelaBinks wrote:

@THEJAJO Someone on Reddit posted this. A 981PR LaFerrari loses to a R35. Notice how insanely fast it accelerates. See it for yourself: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfsnolimits/comments/544m60/is_anyone_else_encountering_this_impossibly_fas...

Cheat? ;|

Yea, it's obviously a cheater.

That player was obviously using third-party programs (a.k.a. cheats) to have that impossible rocket launch.

Now I hope the game doesn't choose that player (or any cheaters for that matter) for me to race.

@vipucho wrote:

@THEJAJO Thats the stuff EA's been giving to us. And also, WHO decided the top 200 leaderboard in rivals if the update was just launched? They cant be this fast to reach #1 or probably they have no life.

@vipucho EA or Firemonkeys didn't choose me to be in the Top 200 leaderboard.

I chose to be in the Top 200 leaderboard myself. Wink

And I do have a life. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes to do 5 Rival races after each refill.

@AngelaBinks wrote:
@THEJAJO Told you....And people have been saying that there's an equally fast 458 out there too. Watch out....I guess....Like I said the whole rivals system sucks. The SP ratings are indicative only and a lot of times you don't get to race an opponent of the same league. 

Thanks for the heads up. Although we really can't avoid cheaters if the game chooses cheaters as our opponents. Disappointed

I completely agree that Blackridge Rivals systems sucks.

I mostly get opponents that have WAY lower SP than me. The gain for winning is less than 10 points and the loss for losing is more than 30 points.

Absolutely ludicrous!

I want to choose to race opponents that have a higher SP than me, so I can gain more SP for defeating them.

@AngelaBinks wrote:

@vipucho wrote:

@THEJAJO Thats the * EA's been giving to us. And also, WHO decided the top 200 leaderboard in rivals if the update was just launched? They cant be this fast to reach #1 or probably they have no life.

@vipucho Actually this is very possible. All you need is some real money and with real money you will be the fastest in the game. People have been maxing out SE cars on the first day of the event buy dumping tonnes of gold for this very purpose. The only other option would be to start playing from since launch and maxing out everything in your path. I believe this is what @TheRealJony did. 

Let me make some corrections here...

You don't need real money to be on the top of the leaderboard. And I'm the proof. Wink

You're completely right about playing No Limits from the beginning. It does help to play from the beginning to upgrade all cars for anything the game throws at us. (Blackridge Spirit special events, Blackridge Rivals, etc.)

@THEJAJO wrote:

The event is really nice, I like it, however I'm getting more frustrated than satisfied playing the game. It is not giving me such pleasure as before.

There is to many traffic, in the places you won't expect it.

I gotten trolled by traffic so many times, causing me to lose 30 + points whenever it happens. I can emphasize with that.

@THEJAJO wrote:

The opponents usually have better cars, from higher classes, which in fact are unbeatable, even when you drive super-clear, almost perfect.

Unless you're not driving a Koenigsegg CCX or Ferrari LaFerrari, all opponents ARE beatable.

@THEJAJO wrote:
The most frustrating is when police roadblock stop you and the ghost opponent drive throw.

The "ghost" opponents do hit cop roadblocks if they driven through them in reality. It's just looks like they taken no speed loss as they were going at a high speed before hitting.

I collided with cop roadblocks many times at a high speed (430 km/h +) and I was still going fast (my speed dropped to 380 km/h).

@THEJAJO wrote:

The jumps - you are flying right into the bridge, high, high away.

0_o

I really hate that! 

It happened to me once and that really exploded my RAGE!

Lost 30 + points instantly!!!

Now, these last parts of my post are for everyone here.

The game has become much more unstable with the latest update and the game could crash at anytime, especially during a Blackridge Rival race.

To avoid the game from crashing on your face, do these:

1. Launch the game and go straight to Blackridge Rivals. Do 2-3 races. Afterwards, close the game and launch it again. Repeat until all Rival tickets are used.

2. If already in game, close the game and launch it again. Then follow step 1.

You'll always need a fresh launch whenever you attempt to do Blackridge Rival races. I'm pretty sure you don't want the game to crash on you during a Blackridge Rival race and causing you to lose valuable SP in the process.

Here's some tips on how to win Blackridge Rival races (without giving my driving technique away Wink ):

1. Always get Perfect Launch. (Obviously if you don't, then your chances on winning is much lower. However, it's still possible to win without a Perfect Launch though.)

2. Keep your speed high as much as you can.

3. Manage to have minimal speed loss during cornering.

If you do all of these correctly, then you would have no problem winning Blackridge Rival races. But if you want to know how I win my races, then the game must choose me as your opponent and you can see my magic in the race.

Good luck everyone!

P.S. I'm in a YouTube video! Go to 11:34.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 312 (3,149 Views)

★ Guide

@TheRealJonyI'm driving maxed Viper and believe me, to win with CCX or LaFerrari, which in fact they are 95% of opponents, is a 100% luck +skills. Wink

That's why I'm going to stop taking care of the event. Wink

Message 24 of 312 (3,123 Views)

★ Guide
Think u should check the list again cause ure not in the top 10 now...ppl have started converting the hyper parts and you will now see even faster CCX's...the only way to compete is to upgrade...
Message 25 of 312 (3,114 Views)

★ Guide
So what are u driving? The LaFerrari or the CCX and at what PR @TheRealJony?
Message 26 of 312 (3,102 Views)

★ Guide

Rivals is tough and takes some getting used to... pretty annoying a lot of the time, particularly when it's almost impossible to see where the cop cars are parked in blockades before it's too late. Problem is you only get one pass at the race, so you can't 'retry', which would allow you to map out where the gaps are between cop cars and improve your times.

Very little information is given about how Blackridge Rivals works. Would be great if EA explained the rules of engagement better and how the scoring works. Are you supposed to pick the fasted car in your garage, or does the even adjust according to the car you select?

I was hoping blackridge would give us an opportunity to drive whichever car we want and then compete against the same cars or class of cars. Gets a bit much only driving the CCX... much prefer my McLaren, Lambo or Pagani. If the mechanics of blackridge were explained better, there wouldn't be so much confusion about how it actually works.

Why aren't they publishing what the 'rewards' are? Or are they still deciding?

Message 27 of 312 (3,081 Views)

★ Guide
It's a preseason event so I'd say they are working out the bugs...the CCX is by far the best car for this event for 1 reason...previously maxed out CCX's now can be upgraded and 70 BP's means another 8-11 PR. I think that's why u could buy 40 BP's for 140 bucks! Just don't buy any tickets and focus on upgrading the CCX and try and remember the courses bc they do not change!
Message 28 of 312 (3,070 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi there,

I thought there might be quite an uproar during and after the weekend, and how right I was Large smile

Same issues with Blackridge Rivals here, namely:

- many different ( = unknown) races, sometimes with too much bells and whistles (like night, airborne race and ESF alltogether? How can one actually try anything in 20sec race?)

- perfect start is a must, otherwise you can only get lucky if opponent errs, as you cannot draft nor ram him

Basically, I see it as a coin toss, I like those races, though they may get frustrating very often. But so what? I don't care much about the leaderboard, you get daily award for completing three races, so you don't need to win them, and after an hour there is another ticket ;-) And there is no other place in the game where you see all your mistakes that clearly (and painfully).

Message 29 of 312 (3,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@scottfollett

Be nice. Personal attacks will land you a ban.

Message 30 of 312 (3,003 Views)