blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

blackridge rivals

★★★★ Guide

is anyone else having trouble with these races? i seem to have lost just as many as ive won and more often than not if you "just" win a race you gain less points than you lose if you "just" lose a race (i gained 14 points for a "just" win but lost 33 points for a "just" loss), the opponents seem to taking a far better racing line and the jumps are more like another obsticle to be avoided as you get thrown off at crazy angle and thrown into the wall if you dont hit it straight on

Message 1 of 312 (16,009 Views)

Re: blackridge rivals

★★★★★ Apprentice

Super true. How can one beat a 949 Mclaren? And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever. Its really difficult to beat, its okay to have a neck to neck challenge, but the opponent just.....vroommm...is not a challenge. 

Message 2 of 312 (15,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

i can understand the "ghost" races, as those races are in escence a time trial type race and the "ghost" image is to show what/how your opponent raced, ive got issues with the fact that i dont seem to progressing

Message 3 of 312 (15,957 Views)

[ Edited ]

@richieluv76 wrote:

is anyone else having trouble with these races? i seem to have lost just as many as ive won and more often than not if you "just" win a race you gain less points than you lose if you "just" lose a race (i gained 14 points for a "just" win but lost 33 points for a "just" loss), the opponents seem to taking a far better racing line and the jumps are more like another obsticle to be avoided as you get thrown off at crazy angle and thrown into the wall if you dont hit it straight on

@vipucho wrote:

Super true. How can one beat a 949 Mclaren? And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever. Its really difficult to beat, its okay to have a neck to neck challenge, but the opponent just.....vroommm...is not a challenge. 

@richieluv76 and @vipucho To be honest, I had been waiting for someone to make a thread about "Blackridge Rivals". lol

I don't have trouble winning races in Blackridge Rivals. I may have lost a few races, but I won most of my races.

In fact, the races in Blackridge Rivals are so intense that my heart beats rapidly whenever I do a race there and hoping the game doesn't mess me up. (With cop roadblocks and traffic)

I really like Blackridge Rivals. It brought me so much fun that I hadn't had with the game after so many months.

I really want Multiplayer racing in No Limits though. This isn't Multiplayer racing, but it's the closest we got so far.

The amount of points you gain or lose depends on your opponents SP (Speed Points). The higher the SP, the more SP you win (less SP you lose). The lower the SP, the less SP you win (more SP you lose). It all depends whether the game gives you a higher SP opponent or lower SP opponent.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind if opponents are ghosts in Blackridge Rivals since I'm not really racing them live. However, I do want car contact in actual Multiplayer racing in No Limits (if it ever happens) to add more of a challenge to pass opponents cleanly or to send opponents flying if they're being trolls.

To vipucho, do you really ram real people in Multiplayer races? If so, then prepare to go to heaven if you ever do race me.

By the way, you guys should check out the Top 200 leaderboard in Blackridge Rivals. You'll see a familiar name in there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 312 (15,945 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry but I didn't see your name in the top 200....saw mine though! Lol! Maybe ure screen name is diff like mine...the ppl at the top obviously bought the CCX blueprints for 130 CANADIAN currency! Not a chance of me doing that! Blueprints have been pretty easy to come by so far...usually one BP per 3 races twice a day so far...
Message 5 of 312 (15,923 Views)

[ Edited ]

@scottfollett wrote:
Sorry but I didn't see your name in the top 200....saw mine though! Lol! Maybe ure screen name is diff like mine...

@scottfollett My name is partly different, but not by much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 312 (15,913 Views)

★ Guide
I hate the airborne races...always end up 200 ft in the air while leading by a mile...then my car blows up after hitting an off-ramp!
Message 7 of 312 (15,893 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@richieluv76 wrote:

i can understand the "ghost" races, as those races are in escence a time trial type race and the "ghost" image is to show what/how your opponent raced, ive got issues with the fact that i dont seem to progressing

Same here. Whenever I get close to 2800 SP, I'll somehow lose to anyone with a lower score without even making any mistakes. They either have a ridiculous acceleration or capable of doing a perfect line. In the end I don't find this to be of any difference than the tournament. 

Message 8 of 312 (15,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@vipucho wrote:

And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever.

Bloody good point my friend.
My game is doing my nut in, every time I start a tournament race my game just goes off????
Message 9 of 312 (15,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Are u racing the CCX at 989 or a LaFerrari at 981?
Message 10 of 312 (15,857 Views)