Your opinion on the top 3 list

by ItzMe_CO2Rider

Original Post

Your opinion on the top 3 list

★★★ Novice

Guys, for your opinion, what are the top 3 super rare cards in the whole pvz heroes? And it's optional to tell why.

Message 1 of 9 (836 Views)

Re: Your opinion on the top 3 list

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mixed-Up Gravedigger

Mirror-Nut

Maniacal Laugh

Message 2 of 9 (827 Views)

★ Guide

Valkyrie

Snap dragon

Mixed up gravedigger

Message 3 of 9 (817 Views)

★ Guide

Oh wow, I actually forgot about teleport

Message 4 of 9 (805 Views)

★★ Guide

Teleport
Mix up Gravdigger
Berry Strong

(honrable mentions:
crazy scientist; Valyre)

I think we should make lists for all rarities....I suppose the lists will differ much more the lower the rarity we talk about.

Message 5 of 9 (792 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Why do ppl think valk is good. You need to meet so many conditions for it to be good.

Power plant is 5x better, especially if you play buff knuckles, with all the HP buffs / stats buffs from guardians and mega grow you can end up 5 for 8/8 easily.

Teleport
Grapes of wrath
Briar rose
Message 6 of 9 (764 Views)

★ Guide

Well, you cannot teleport in a power plant. And bonus attacks cost so much for plants. 

Message 7 of 9 (738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My top 3:

Teleport -  This card is pretty hard to argue in my opinion.  It's a key component in one of the most infamous deck in the current metagame.  It's probably the card most often complained about for being overpowered and in need of a nerf.  It breaks the basic structure of the game, Zombies aren't allowed to play zombies after Plants, Teleport changes this.  

Mixed Up Gravedigger - This card is often gamebreaking.  It removes the ability of plants to set up proper blocking.  It may shift zombies away from in-place plants.  He's 5/5 for 5 brains, while not the most efficient stats available they are certainly close to the best, and coupled with his ability he's likely undercosted.  He's a synergistic of course, and it's important to consider how widely available the cards he synergizes with are.  Since those cards are any zombie they should comprise a large part of every deck, no problem there.  If you own him and he's available to your hero would you hesitate to play him or his he an auto-include? I think he's an auto-include, that makes him among the best.

Grapes of Wrath - This card is perhaps undervalued.  It's a huge body with a massive damage death effect.  It's very hard to play around, you can't ignore it because of it's 6 power, you can't kill it because of the 6 damage it deals.  The best you can do is bounce its death damage off your shield.  That can be hard to setup though, since the Zombie player is actively trying to prevent.  This card doesn't suffer from the drawbacks of many other powerful cards, it has solid stats, doesn't care too much if it's blocked or not,, etc.

Message 8 of 9 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1- Teleport: No need to explain why, the guy above me said it all. I do NOT think it's overpowered. I know how to play around it and what to expect when I see it played, but it is incredibly strong and real fun to mess around with.

2- Portal technician: I am not surprised that it hasn't been mentioned yet. This card is extremely undervalued. Anyone who's played TCG/CCG games before know the value of a sticky minion. Thats a minion that the opponent has to spent more resources to remove your threat then you spend on said threat. The technician has moderate stats for it's cost. (4/4 for 6 isn't ideal, but it will block/kill what you need to OR will represent enough damage to face to warrent an answer), and on top of that your opponent has to deal with what comes out of the portal. Yes, you can be very unlucky and get a 1/1, but the odds are quite in your favor on the math. Simply put, you have more than 84% chance to get a minion that will give you extra value for your original 6 Brains spent on the technician. When I make a Brainy deck, this is an auto-include as a 2-of, if not more. This guy will win you a value battle at every corner, unless your opponent has Transmogrify or Goatify.

3- As a control player, there's no doubt in my mind that the best Super-rare of all the plants is Brainana. In the current zombie-meta, where more than 70% of zombie players play trick-heavy decks, this card is bonkers. I have won SO MANY GAMES with it that not including it in here would be a farce. No need for long explanations, anyone who understands this game will know it's worth and how a well placed Brainana will automatically win you the game. And play it alongside it's life mate: Rescue Radish for maximum value!

(Honorable mention to Nurse Gargantuar: This guy alone makes certain zombie decks viable as he is the main option for life-gain mid-late game. I like to play him on turn 7 with teleport played on 6 to always net a valuable trade and gain some much needed life in the process. This guy alone makes or breaks the game more often than you'd think)

Message 9 of 9 (620 Views)