Xbox Live Gold Required for Need for Speed??

by barber99jlb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox Live Gold Required for Need for Speed??

★★★ Newbie

We just purchased this game today, and have been unable to play it.  After spending time on the phone with EA support, I was told that this game cannot be played without Xbox Live Gold (which we don't have, and aren't planning to get).  I contacted them a second time to ensure that this was really the case.  Can someone confirm this?  Is this really the policy for this game, or some kind of permissions bug?

The box says that Gold is required to access online features, but nowhere does it say the game cannot be played without gold.  Also, the FAQ on the game's website (http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/nfs-faq) says that gold would not be needed to play single player content. 

Message 1 of 16 (14,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Live Gold Required for Need for Speed??

EA DICE Team

Hi @barber99jlb,

PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold will not be required for single player. If you unable to play single player without a subscription, it is not working as intended. We are currently looking into that.

--Tom

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (17,747 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
It's a bug since patch 1.02. The aforementioned patch appears (to me) to have removed the "Play Alone" functionality on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4; "Play Alone" is the always online single player mode which does NOT require Live Gold or PlayStation Plus.
Message 2 of 16 (14,470 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @barber99jlb,

PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold will not be required for single player. If you unable to play single player without a subscription, it is not working as intended. We are currently looking into that.

--Tom

Message 3 of 16 (17,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks rebl00ded & Tom, that's good news. 

Tom, Please also be sure to update the support team on this - I was told by two people on the phone that Gold was required.

Message 4 of 16 (14,446 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Tom.

Message 5 of 16 (14,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie
After being told in the first chat that ea was providing gold memberships i was then told in a second chat that this was untrue and that gold was required and would need to be purchased i have been handballed from ea support to xbox support and back and back again and still cant play
Message 6 of 16 (14,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wait so I don't need gold? Phew?

Message 7 of 16 (13,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I'm not able to even get that feature. When I launch the game I automatically get an error code and when I tweeted EA Support they said it required Xbox Live Gold. However I was able to play it without gold for 2 days in "alone" mode or whatever it's called and now it won't launch! What's the deal?
Message 8 of 16 (12,713 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Zyphyr11258rt

A permanent online connection is required to play the game - you also don't need Xbox Live Gold for that. If you however want to race against others in multiplayer, then you will need the Gold subscription.

Could you let me know which error code you are getting?

Message 9 of 16 (12,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie
0x803f800b is the code I've been receiving
Message 10 of 16 (12,704 Views)