Winter level completely impossible for Zombies

by JonahFalcon

Original Post

Winter level completely impossible for Zombies

★★★★ Novice

That winter level is completely impossible for zombies to even take the first territory. I've been on both the plants and the zombies side and the layout is unbalanced beyond words.

Zombies have to trek across an open terrain with the plants behind solid fortification. Yeah, Sun Tzu can tell you whats going to happen.

I now notice people quitting as soon as they see that level, and I'm going to be one of them.

FIX IT or DUMP IT FROM THE ROTATION. It DOESN'T WORK.

Message 1 of 12 (877 Views)

Re: Winter level completely impossible for Zombies

★★★★★ Guide

@JonahFalcon wrote:

That winter level is completely impossible for zombies to even take the first territory. I've been on both the plants and the zombies side and the layout is unbalanced beyond words.

Zombies have to trek across an open terrain with the plants behind solid fortification. Yeah, Sun Tzu can tell you whats going to happen.

I now notice people quitting as soon as they see that level, and I'm going to be one of them.

FIX IT or DUMP IT FROM THE ROTATION. It DOESN'T WORK.

Works fine for me. Sounds like the people qutting out don't know how to work as a team and like the stand out in the open because the zombies have plenty of cover while advancing as well. Snipers can take out the plants with little issues and the team should always be helping the engineer get the teleporter up when possible, which should be always if you follow them so that they don't have to take on 3-4 plant players on their own cause the teleporter helps a ton in the first section.

This is a team based game so instead of giving up you guys just need to learn to work as a team and not be afraid of a little challenge cause it's really not anywhere near impossible as you make it out to be.
Heck if a army of imps can push a army of corns all the way on this stage then don't tell me it's impossible lol
Message 2 of 12 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the patronizing remarks. Doesn't work well in any games I've played. Period. I've been a plant, I've seen how easy it is. I just quit when I see the level. I don't want to waste my time - as a zombie OR as a plant.

Message 3 of 12 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Not to be patronizing but I've been on many Zombie teams which not only captured the first Garden but managed to go all the way to the end to free the Yeti King.

I've also been on Plant teams which have been able to shut down the Zombie assault at the first or second Garden.

As stated before, success can hinge greatly not only on the individual skill levels of the Players but also the cohesiveness of the team and the tactics used.

On The Frozen North, and any other map for that matter, an assault team which tries to play defensively and tries to stand off and snipe or pick off the defenders from a distance will generally fail if the entire team is employing that tactic.

Likewise attackers who stream endlessly down the same path into defender fire over and over will generally have a hard time as well.

There are multiple pathways and flanking positions and sniping poisitions which allow the assault team to be successful if you're willing to admit when the character you're using or the tactics you are employing aren't working and try something different.
Message 4 of 12 (851 Views)

★ Guide

You mistake people disagreeing with you for people being rude. Please don't play the victim in such a circumstance, it destroys your argument.

Which, I must add, isn't a very convincing one to begin with. I have no more trouble with that checkpoint than I do with the first checkpoint on any of the maps. They all depend on you and your team. It was a huge issue back when Rose could dominate the battlefield with no effort, but since that hasn't been a problem for a really long time now, the map seems to work just fine. So long as the engineers have support to keep the snipers under cover, there should be no issue.

Message 5 of 12 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
it is easy to get frustrated, but don't let it get the better of you. Some remarks can seem patronizing but people are here to help. This isn't Reddit. Engineers are definitely key on the first level. Even if the plants swarm the teleporter you can use that to your advantage. If they're focused on that then other members of the team can flank the other direction and really put a hurting on the garden. This tends to help break them up. In the second garden if the teleporter is on the left I really don't even recommend building it unless you have a swarm of zombies that can push through at once. I use my headset the most on that map purely for teamwork in to spot out what I see ahead for players respawning. I try not to tell people what to do, in hopes that they can make the right decision for the team if they know what's ahead. Unfortunately I see the novice people hurting the team on this map. It's an ideal level for long streaks which can tempt even the best players. Take everything you've heard and use it to get better. You can't do it by yourself on this map. If you think it's tough now you should of seen it when plants could reach all the way to the spawn.
Message 6 of 12 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]

I believe this map does indeed favor the plants, however I've been to the final mini game so many times, on both sides, that I don't think one can conclude that it's impossible.  When facing a well coordinated zombie team, it feels awfully difficult for the plants in my experience.

Message 7 of 12 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If it were "completely impossible," how is it that Zombies win with such great frequency?

Message 8 of 12 (753 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just won 2 out of 3 times today freeing the Yeti King. How hard can it be?

Message 9 of 12 (729 Views)

★★ Guide

The Boss Hunt or Turf...cause that boss hunt is IMPOSSIBLE.

Message 10 of 12 (716 Views)