Will there be an update for offline freeplay in Need for Speed?

by mhl2469

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will there be an update for offline freeplay in Need for Speed?

★★★★★ Novice

I think it is stupid for EA to not include an offline free roam on the new Need for Speed!!!!!!!

If they did it in Need for Speed Rivals, why cant they do it now. Come on EA, please please

PLEASE come out with an offline free roam for Need for Speed!!!!!!

Message 1 of 32 (8,589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will there be an update for offline freeplay in Need for Speed?

EA DICE Team

Hi @mhl2469,

Need for Speed is committed to being a live service so we can deliver an ongoing experience that is constantly changing and evolving. Being connected allows you to take advantage of the live service. Please also see: http://www.needforspeed.com/news/nfs-update

--Tom

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (10,430 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @mhl2469,

Need for Speed is committed to being a live service so we can deliver an ongoing experience that is constantly changing and evolving. Being connected allows you to take advantage of the live service. Please also see: http://www.needforspeed.com/news/nfs-update

--Tom

Message 2 of 32 (10,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
I agree, there's really no reason at all to force this on us, unlike EA claims, it does not give any advantage whatsoever in solo play.
Message 3 of 32 (8,482 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hope you will reconsider the permanent connection for players, like me, who don't have a stable connection. Please listen your fans !!!!! 

Message 4 of 32 (8,471 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Can you play this game using a dial up connection? Also, what happens if your connection is unstable, do you immediately get disconnected? I'm just wondering because a friend of mine really wants the game but worries he won't be able to play since he has a really bad online connection.

Message 5 of 32 (8,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have horrible connection as well and yes, you will get kicked out of the game from disconnecting from the EA server. I happens to me all the time. Like a few people said before me, EA needs to listen to their fans before the loose many people!

Message 6 of 32 (8,408 Views)

★★ Novice
I have talked a lot of people out of buying this game for this very reason. As a real life car enthusiast and occasional track driver, the small issues this game has when it comes to things such as realism and accuracy with car values don't bother me that much because the need for speed series to me has been more about entertaining game play than realism. But the fact that you can't pause the game for any reason is ridiculous. I understand the idea EA was trying to achieve, but just because an idea sounds good in theory does not mean it will be good in actual use. It's happened to me many times already where I was on the last lap of a difficult race or about to escape a pursuit and I got a phone call, the door bell rang, or even a sudden itch on my leg or something ruined would ruin the race or pursuit.
Message 7 of 32 (8,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well i need to play offline because i dont have the net at my house. And its not just me, i bet you there is thousands around the world that dont have the net too.
I bought this game last night thinking yeah im going to play it but nope i cant. So am i ment to travel to a friends house with my ps4 every time i want to play it??? Or do i just return it???
All the other need for speeds has had offline. Why this one now only have online...

Message 8 of 32 (8,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I live in the middle of nowhere. Where stable internet is not possible. Not to mention I don't have Internet to play it. So I drove an hour to pick up a game I can't even play and wasted not only time and gas but I spend money on a game I can't play unless I get internet by moving to a bigger town. So I could completely wasted my money. Thank you.
Message 9 of 32 (8,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it absolutely sucks and completely going in the wrong direction... it is bad now and i assume this is from the amount of people that have brought the game, no doubt it will get better in the coming weeks and then go * again after a while because EA will decide to reduce the bandwidth to the NFS server to a point where they will cease support on the server THEN there will probably be a patch to play offline and everything will be just as it should! i am luck to be able to get fibre broadband and i have a stable 100+meg connection yet i lose connection to servers every ten minutes or so... TBH i kind of cant be bothered to play the game because of this and in my mind the product isnt fit for purpose because the bank end is so sketchy... 

Message 10 of 32 (8,265 Views)