Will Torchwood & goat ever be available to us all or stay locked behind trials?

by hurtforsale

Original Post

Re: Will Torchwood & goat ever be available to us all or stay locked behind

★★ Guide

@IronCatFish47 wrote:

If the new variants were available through packs, you would all complain about the cost of the pack or the RNG rate of getting one of its pieces.

You already forgot about the legendaries ? lol

That's the point, RNG suck. Whether it's in chests or packs. I don't give a damn about rng for customizations but as i played along this stupid infinity time to get my party characters it was easier as you could play anytime you want. Here we have to wait for the mystery portal, then grind the stars and if you have no key, yay another week to wait !

Btw i felt like it was more balanced in the packs (not at the beginning). Again it's all luck. Spending 100 millions of coins (if you don't give up at some point) for some and just 5 millions for others. In some way it's not fair.

Message 21 of 41 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Guide
I don't like RNG either, but I completed all legendaries and the Gnome trials.

If I despised something so much, I wouldn't play the game. I'd move on to something that catered to my liking.

To me, this is my daily go to game. Do I agree with all the changes from GW1? Nope. Am I going to complain about everything? Lol NOPE!
Message 22 of 41 (1,335 Views)

★★ Guide

So did i, except the Gnome trials and that's why i'm here. Why are you here besides telling the world you've done them already ? I call that showing off... 

You didn't get the chance to dispise said Trials and rng for a damn key because you got one every single time ! I don't dislike the game either fyi, actually it's one of my favs, i'm just bored of doing the same thing again and again. The 2 trials i've already done were a breath of fresh air just like the events of the portal !

Who's talking about GW1 here ? Not me.

Good for you really but if you don't have anything to say then what are you doing here ?  If you don't like it don't come read or even answer. Let us express ourselves, after all this forum is about that

And i'll add that it doesn't bother anyone who already have the characters as always.

Message 23 of 41 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
If i didn't have the characters, i still wouldn't be complaining. I'm here because if you have the right to complain and whine, then I have a right to complain about you as well (more so because I'm simply agreeing with the way the devs created it.)

I can also see why Popcap made the game with RNG in mind. They want the community to stay alive and not die off when players just rush to unlock things and move on. Player, such as yourself seem to forget to enjoy an experience.

I know Popcap will make it 100% drop rate for the key eventually. If you simply can't wait, then I don't know what to tell you.
Message 24 of 41 (1,325 Views)

★ Guide

@realitysquared wrote:

Not to sound callous but it is obvious that the Torchwood and the Hover Goat 3000 are intended to be earned in a similar manner to how many of us earned the Unicorn Chomper; you need to play towards a specific goal.

I did.  But only enjoyed 50% luck with keys.  Two trials still to unlock.  Meanwhile I'm watching people look like they are having so much fun with the zippy goat and torchwood.  Sad panda is sad.

Message 25 of 41 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@linger4606 wrote:
If i didn't have the characters, i still wouldn't be complaining. I'm here because if you have the right to complain and whine, then I have a right to complain about you as well (more so because I'm simply agreeing with the way the devs created it.)

I can also see why Popcap made the game with RNG in mind. They want the community to stay alive and not die off when players just rush to unlock things and move on. Player, such as yourself seem to forget to enjoy an experience.

I know Popcap will make it 100% drop rate for the key eventually. If you simply can't wait, then I don't know what to tell you.

I believe what I see so whatever. If you are the kind of person who never have anything bad to say about anything... lol

I'm sorry (not sorry) do you know me ? No. Don't talk when you know squat, actually don't talk at all. I've been level 313 on GW1 way before GW2 was announced. I played the game months et I still play it sometimes. 

I didn't rush anything, I'm not even max level yet ! When i'll be it won't stop me to come back and play like I do. Just a little or so many hours in a day depending on how bored I am after a few Ops/Games. But I guess you are, so who's been rushing ? I like to take my time, especially when the game become a loop.

What is actually ruining my experience is having to wait to discover new things in a DLC as i already spent 1000+ hours on the game and getting bored of it. That's where Popcap is wrong. What you are saying might be true for casual players. Not everyone is, and i'm not.

Anyway i don't have any other choice atm, so i'll wait but it still sucks

Message 26 of 41 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Guide

@hurtforsale wrote:

Thanks. I'm glad someone sensible posted and agrees with me that the way they are doing things is awful. Over a month to unlock a character in an already extremely low population game is really dumb.

so is having a chomper variant locked behind HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF WORK but people like you that have him cry "do it the normal way and quit trying to get it the easy way" so not only are you hypocrites you are also cry babies demanding something be givin to you cause you feel entitled 

well guess what you tell us to work for the unicorn chomper then we tell you to * off and earn the other 2 characters with your trails PERIOD

Message 27 of 41 (1,245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

To be completely honest, comparing the Key drops to the Trials of Gnomus, which are a requirement to earn the new classes, and earning the Unicorn Chomper by hitting Rank 313 in Garden Warfare doesn't equal out.

To earn the Unicorn Chomper you need to hit Rank 313 in Garden Warfare and to earn the Torchwood and Hover Goat 3000 you must complete the Trials of Gnomus so both require you to play towards a purpose, but the similarities begin to diverge from there.

To hit Rank 313 you are able to work at that hour after hour, any day of the week that you choose by doing the Quests for each character class. To earn the Torchwood and Hover Goat you need to do Mystery Portal game modes to earn a Key and those modes are only available from Thursday through Sunday three times a month, with the fourth week given over to a Community Challenge. So immediately you have less time available to work towards the first step of that goal.

To hit Rank 313 you must complete the Quests for each character class and some of those are so sadistically specific and difficult to do on purpose or they are so dependent on the actions of the opponent team that your best bet is to use Skip Challenge Stars which are awarded randomly. you can buy as many Sticker Packs as you wish with the coins that you earn. For the Torchwood and Hover Goat 3000 you have 3 chances to acquire a Key in a month. There is obviously a huge disparity there as one is able to acquire hundreds of Skip Challenge stars during the same period that you have acquiring Keys for the Trials.

Not to be argumentative, but we have many players who post just on these forums who are going into their 6th week without having a full set of Trial Keys, with a few still having no keys at all or only a single one. During that same time period a determined player could hit Rank 313.

The Unicorn Chomper can easily be earned through effort, dedication and the investment of a lot of time whereas you have one 75% chance three times a month to advance one quarter of the way towards the end of the Trials of Gnomus and if the RNG slights you on any one of those chances you're blocked from continuing until the next Mystery Portal reset.

Personally I don't have a problem with the Trials being designed with such a slow pace, I understand why it was done and I can roll with that but at the same time I also understand how incredibly frustrating it must be for those players who have participated in the 4 Mystery Portal each week over the last 5 weeks and who are still empty handed or who have only one Key.

From a purely "Public Relations" standpoint it's a bad move to have players, who you want to enjoy your game, continue playing it and to purchase any sequels that you may continue to produce, be facing the prospect of being repeatedly frustrated over and over by a RNG system which apparently has already skewed away from the odds (75 % being 3 Keys after 4 opportunities) for certain players (0 Keys after 4 opportunities or 1 Key after 4 opportunities).

I'm not suggesting that it be made easy to acquire the characters, like by selling them or putting them into Sticker Packs or letting people skip over the Trials they they can't finish as suggested elsewhere, but in all fairness they should consider putting a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel by setting a hard cap as to how long someone can be expected to be forced to wait for their Keys.

Message 28 of 41 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Guide
More than likely, Popcap will make the 50 star chest drop rate 100%.

It's just a matter of patience. I certainly don't think topic after topic is necessary. I fully understand player frustration, but it isn't game break nor should it detract from enjoyment.
Message 29 of 41 (1,226 Views)

★★ Guide

@realitysquared wrote:

To be completely honest, comparing the Key drops to the Trials of Gnomus, which are a requirement to earn the new classes, and earning the Unicorn Chomper by hitting Rank 313 in Garden Warfare doesn't equal out.

To earn the Unicorn Chomper you need to hit Rank 313 in Garden Warfare and to earn the Torchwood and Hover Goat 3000 you must complete the Trials of Gnomus so both require you to play towards a purpose, but the similarities begin to diverge from there.

To hit Rank 313 you are able to work at that hour after hour, any day of the week that you choose by doing the Quests for each character class. To earn the Torchwood and Hover Goat you need to do Mystery Portal game modes to earn a Key and those modes are only available from Thursday through Sunday three times a month, with the fourth week given over to a Community Challenge. So immediately you have less time available to work towards the first step of that goal.

To hit Rank 313 you must complete the Quests for each character class and some of those are so sadistically specific and difficult to do on purpose or they are so dependent on the actions of the opponent team that your best bet is to use Skip Challenge Stars which are awarded randomly. you can buy as many Sticker Packs as you wish with the coins that you earn. For the Torchwood and Hover Goat 3000 you have 3 chances to acquire a Key in a month. There is obviously a huge disparity there as one is able to acquire hundreds of Skip Challenge stars during the same period that you have acquiring Keys for the Trials.

Not to be argumentative, but we have many players who post just on these forums who are going into their 6th week without having a full set of Trial Keys, with a few still having no keys at all or only a single one. During that same time period a determined player could hit Rank 313.

The Unicorn Chomper can easily be earned through effort, dedication and the investment of a lot of time whereas you have one 75% chance three times a month to advance one quarter of the way towards the end of the Trials of Gnomus and if the RNG slights you on any one of those chances you're blocked from continuing until the next Mystery Portal reset.

Personally I don't have a problem with the Trials being designed with such a slow pace, I understand why it was done and I can roll with that but at the same time I also understand how incredibly frustrating it must be for those players who have participated in the 4 Mystery Portal each week over the last 5 weeks and who are still empty handed or who have only one Key.

From a purely "Public Relations" standpoint it's a bad move to have players, who you want to enjoy your game, continue playing it and to purchase any sequels that you may continue to produce, be facing the prospect of being repeatedly frustrated over and over by a RNG system which apparently has already skewed away from the odds (75 % being 3 Keys after 4 opportunities) for certain players (0 Keys after 4 opportunities or 1 Key after 4 opportunities).

I'm not suggesting that it be made easy to acquire the characters, like by selling them or putting them into Sticker Packs or letting people skip over the Trials they they can't finish as suggested elsewhere, but in all fairness they should consider putting a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel by setting a hard cap as to how long someone can be expected to be forced to wait for their Keys.

AMEN ! 

clapping applause animated GIF

All i want is to be able to do my things when i want to ! Gotta work for it 100% (let the player's skill unlock his stuff) but no RNG 

Message 30 of 41 (1,206 Views)