Re: Why do people rage quit?

by daalnnii

Original Post

★ Guide
Are you implying this is normal behavior?
Perhaps you are also doing this, hence your sensitive reaction.
Message 11 of 28 (644 Views)

★★ Pro

Hahahaha.

It is pretty common in this game.

I can assure you, I do not have "sensitive reactions" to random internet strangers.Large smile

Message 12 of 28 (642 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MyPouf You might not be aware, but the forum rules state posters will not "name shame" other players.  Just a friendly FYI.  Standard smile

BPRD

Message 13 of 28 (631 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@MyPouf please remove the photo, theres no reason to name and shame (especially sobering so trivial) and as @BPRDHB said, it's against the forum rules.

Either that or @EA_Andy can do it. Feel free to express your concerns. Your voice should be heard, but not at the expense of others. You lost maybe 15 seconds of your life extra when they quit, and considering you're playing a game, You're already wasting your time, so you can't use the "wasting my time excuse"

Have a great one.
Message 14 of 28 (630 Views)

★ Guide
Done.
Message 15 of 28 (618 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Thank you
Message 16 of 28 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think EA should start a system where the winner gets a reward if someone has left the game (either rage quit or loss of signal) instead of playing it out or conceeding. If the rage quitters know that the other person will get an extra reward when they rage quit, I bet they won’t do it as often, and if they do then at least the person who is stuck waiting gets something for their waste of time. Also, I’ve played against people who run down the clock and then hit play at the very last second, and they do it several times in a game, like they are trying to win by getting the other player to quit by taking a long time. When someone does this and it gets to the timer three times during a game, then the other player should also get something extra for that as well.

Something small like five gems would be enough to make me not so annoyed when people rage quit, and would likely stop a lot of players from doing it!

Message 17 of 28 (457 Views)

★★ Pro
I disagree on the rewarding the winner for their opponents immaturity. Instead, those who are disconnecting rather than just conceding should be penalized in some way and that will make it less likely to happen aside from actual bad connection.
Don't know what could be implemented, because in league play it could be a loss of extra stars, but when you are just starting a new level, you can't lose anything. And in casual it would still be happening and that is where the problem is...
Some games like the baseball game I used to play, if you d/ced then the following game all your players lose half their health, which would actually affect your next few games, unless you sacrificed a couple pitchers to be down to almost zero...and that makes them useless for like half a dozen games.
Obviously not the same scenario, but it worked for people purposely pulling the plug, but if the game is laggy or like sometimes in pvzh just kicks you out, you are still penalized the same as if you did it purposely, which is why I had to quit being out in the boonies, we had slow internet connection and if lots of people were on, you could tell and it was just too frustrating.
But I hope that something eventually happens to possibly prevent the rage-quit
Message 18 of 28 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I originally thought that too, but the issue with that is, people may get punished for a bad connection (like if the power goes out, that would look just like someone quit) or people will just come back and say ‘I didn’t mean to, it was an accident.’ When I first started playing the game I had Lots of games that ended because of connection issues, and sometimes the game would just boot me out. It’s just easier to award extra stuff to the person who has to sit and wait. Obviously this would only be in random games, not when people are playing against friends.

Message 19 of 28 (435 Views)

★★ Pro
When you play vs friends you don't even win tickets for the event cards, which is bunk in my opinion.
And I get what you are saying, it would be overloading the customer service with complaining about it not my fault....
Message 20 of 28 (428 Views)