Why I won't be buying the next FIFA.

by RossCrocker10

Original Post

Why I won't be buying the next FIFA.

★★★ Newbie
1) The complete lack of investment.
FIFA manage to get all us loyal football fans to buy the new game every year. Yet what do we get in return? Unrealistic, poor and laggy gameplay. I keep asking myself everyday after endless rages, why i keep conceding endless goals due to glitches and just general stupid programming.
2) The high cost yet little reward.
I hope anyone reading this hasn't got into ultimate team. If you have your either lucky enough to have not put any points on, or your wondering how you've spent £100s yet only have about 200k coins. There's a simple answer; EA don't give two S**** about their customers, they only want money.

I was going to carry this on, but to be honest I've had enough. I hope you all join me in finding a game that rewards its players and maybe EA will learn a lesson the hard way.
Message 1 of 14 (1,561 Views)

Re: Why I won't be buying the next FIFA.

EA Community Manager

Hey @RossCrocker10,

and welcome to AHQ. How come you're unhappy with the game as is? If it's because you say the gameplay is laggy, what game modes does that occur in and what platform are you playing on? Maybe there's some things you can do to optimize your system and have more fun kicking that ball.

When it comes to Ultimate Team, there sure have been victory slides in many living rooms on one side after a last minute victory in a tense game. Then again there's smashed controllers if you're on the losing side - football gets to our emotions, which just means you're passionate about what you're doing. But it's down do you to make a choice if you want to spent money in points or grind your way to the top. You can buy all the packs with coins or points, and a good player can be in any pack, regardless of how you purchase it.

If there's anything I can do to make your journey more enjoyable, by all means, feel free to let me know.

Have a great day.

Message 2 of 14 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Guide

@RossCrocker10 You are right to some extent but the game is not only about FUT, there are other game modes, I usually play manager career and H2H SEASONS, I stopped playing FUT for the reasons you mentioned, also the game has many bugs but they are not always so evident, what you should do is to try other game modes before saying the game is bad, it is not perfect but not as bad as many ppl describe it, FUT is a money grab in my opinion but the rest of the game is good enough to have fun even if I think it is overpriced at launch considering the quality of the game which is not certainly awesome but not even that bad, I would give it a score of 7/10 with 3 points lost cause of FUT.

ROSS LAG depends on your connection with opponent but yes there are glitches and bad mechanics at play as well sometimes so you concede even if you tackled the ball multiple times but the ball will fall back on opponent.

@EA_Joker there is something EA could do to make people stop complaining, make FUT fair and playable, at least 99percent of the complaints are about FUT, not the game in general, the game is not bad but FUT is horrible, unfair and pay2win to the core, as long as EA doesn't redesign it there will always be people thinking the game is scripted and manipulated, fix the mechanics and rebalance teams so that everyone can at some point afford top players, I decided to quit FUT after around 800 matches cause max coins I could get by playing was just 80k not more. How do we get players costing millions when we struggle to even afford lower value players ? It is the reason why I abandoned FUT, you just can't keep playing after a point without a top team but to have a top team you need to spend real money on FIFAPOINTS to have a chance to get top players in packs, there is no other way, GRINDING will just not get you the players you need to compete.

Message 3 of 14 (1,501 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @euroverclock,

thanks for sharing your thoughts in this.

I totally agree with you - I think FIFA has a game mode for everyone. I personally enjoy a nice afternoon on the weekend playing with a friend in front of the same TV. So we end up playing career mode playing together usually. Then again I'm not too competitive in FIFA.

For those who are, there's FUT. And the even more competitive FUT Champions. If you would start playing now only, I'd say it'll be tough to qualify for the weekend league if you start with your basic bronze team only.

But if you start from scratch when everybody else does (game launch) and qualify for the Weekend League right away, chances are good that you can get a good rank in the first weeks and potentially some great rewards without having to pay for them.

Of course there's the dream squad you want to have and this particular you dream about putting in your squad. But that's part of the game, it is a journey. And even if you spend money on packs, there's no guarantee that you'll get the one great player you can sell for a fortune - there's always a chance, of course, and you do get coins and players you can use in your squad, but the "guaranteed TOTW packs" and the like are usually just gained from SBCs or as rewards.

But as you said, if you don't feel like playing 40 matches over a weekend or playing the knockout tournament during the week, there's still plenty of other game modes to check out. And as per EA Play website, there'll probably be more information about FIFA 18 soon.

Message 4 of 14 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have heard that in FUT, the better your squad is, the worse it actually performs. And that people using lower rated teams or teams with bad chemistry actually have an advantage. Is this true? Have you experienced this? If it's rumours, why do they circulate so persistently? It is really strange for example, that such average players as Butland and Musa are so popluar among FUT players who build English squads.

I tried FUT online a couple of times and found the gameplay to be really strange with alot of randomness. I won matches where I was outplayed and lost matches where I dominated. Frequently. Also I sparred a few times with the same person who used a high-rated Italian squad and performed better against him with a silver Belgian team than with my main squad that had top Eredivisie players including in-forms. This wasn't the case in regular (offline) matches i played. There, player quality and chemistry made a huge difference. These strange things discouraged me from playing FUT.

Message 5 of 14 (1,489 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Joker I play manager career too, it is one of the best modes for me along with H2H SEASONS which is much better than FUT simply cause it's fair and not money based, FUT would be great too if it wasn't that focused on money, I think FUT should be much different than what it is right now, FUT15 was better cause everyone had pretty much the same team level, then FUT16 ruined it, now FUT17 is totally a joke with huge differences between teams, you can't compete unless you have a top 87 team .

@MurmSobakusXVII I heard that too but I don't know, back in FUT15 I lost to silver teams but this year if I ever get to play against a silver or bronze team they just disconnect before the match so I think it does no longer happen, now it's all about having a top team or you can't compete, I managed to get to div 2 in FUT but then I get relegated cause opponents are too strong, all blue 87-90 cards LOL, my 82 rated team is out of the equation so I'm now playing H2H SEASONS, much more fair and playable, I'm now in DIV 1 and trying to avoid relegation or possibly win title with Juventus.

Message 6 of 14 (1,472 Views)

EA Community Manager

@euroverclock

If you have any suggestions regarding FUT, feel free to drop them here. When it comes to FUT, people get very passionate. And of course, people investing a lot of money may have some advantages compared to someone who's not spending a cent. Still you can go ahead and play your way up through seasons to avoid the much stronger teams you might encounter in the Daily Knockout tournament.

Now that it's almost 8 months since the game was released, the top players might have some TOTY, FUT Champions red objects or Legends that someone who just started might not necessarily have. Seeing the games evolving and including competitive game modes in general, FIFA sure does have one of the longest seasons - it's a real time football season after all.

I think it comes down to the individual player. Do you want to compete with the best of the world and invest time and money? Fine. Do you wanna have a fun afternoon chilling with some lads on the couch and playing some FIFA with your favorite players? Also fine. In the end, you should just find the game mode that gets you the most fun and entertainment.

Isn't that what we're all looking for in gaming in the first place? That said: Play on!

Message 7 of 14 (1,455 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@euroverclock wrote:

@EA_Joker I play manager career too, it is one of the best modes for me along with H2H SEASONS which is much better than FUT simply cause it's fair and not money based, FUT would be great too if it wasn't that focused on money, I think FUT should be much different than what it is right now, FUT15 was better cause everyone had pretty much the same team level, then FUT16 ruined it, now FUT17 is totally a joke with huge differences between teams, you can't compete unless you have a top 87 team .

@MurmSobakusXVII I heard that too but I don't know, back in FUT15 I lost to silver teams but this year if I ever get to play against a silver or bronze team they just disconnect before the match so I think it does no longer happen, now it's all about having a top team or you can't compete, I managed to get to div 2 in FUT but then I get relegated cause opponents are too strong, all blue 87-90 cards LOL, my 82 rated team is out of the equation so I'm now playing H2H SEASONS, much more fair and playable, I'm now in DIV 1 and trying to avoid relegation or possibly win title with Juventus.

how is the gameplay in onine seasons? I last played it in FIFA 13 and it was rather wild.

Message 8 of 14 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Joker Yeahh that's it, those who invest money in FUT have a huge advantage yes, right but I notice back in FUT15 it was not that evident, this year it is, I hope next year EA will level the field again, maybe remove price ranges and let the market follow its course, it was much better without price ranges in my opinion, you could still find amazing players for cheap, now it's impossible cause every card has a minimum price making it impossible to find cheap players as before.

Message 9 of 14 (1,440 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah FUT is kind of a joke right now. It's impossible to have a good team without buying coins/ea points. Not everyone on FUT is at the skill level of those who play FUT champs regularly and receive huge rewards. Every 3-4 games you'll always have to spend 2k on Team Fitness cards and then contract cards every now and then. Also, when a player gets injured the cards for those are quite expensive. And on top of that you will always come against a team full of TOTS and Inform cards in the higher divisions. That's why I've played over 700 games of Seasons on FIFA 17 and about 1000 on FIFA 16. Seasons is the best mode for me. It's the most balanced game mode. No upgraded players. You don't gotta worry about contracts or anything really. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,425 Views)