Re: Where to find people to play together?

by asukojo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where to find people to play together?

★★ Apprentice

I started playing a week ago on PS4 but I never found anyone playing on my region, Europe, I tried to find people on communities but everything is about glitches showpost or share whatever. Is there any other place to find people to play with or I am too late to play the game?

Message 1 of 10 (833 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I assume you're referring inviting online friends to your backyard/game and play together.

1. If yes, first thing is you must have PS Plus or somebody with PS Plus account make PS4 as his/her primary device.

2. You need to get friends. How you get friends in the game? Play as sunflower or scientist and start healing the wounded players, and revive them. If they like your service, they will start to dance and you dance back. If you think you can be a good friend, send friend invitation (view their profile and send an invitation). Once they accept, you become friends. 

3. Check the blue Globe (screen attached) and set the setting so they can join your backyard. After that, you can send an invitation to invite them to your backyard/game or you can join their backyard/game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,095 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I assume you're referring inviting online friends to your backyard/game and play together.

1. If yes, first thing is you must have PS Plus or somebody with PS Plus account make PS4 as his/her primary device.

2. You need to get friends. How you get friends in the game? Play as sunflower or scientist and start healing the wounded players, and revive them. If they like your service, they will start to dance and you dance back. If you think you can be a good friend, send friend invitation (view their profile and send an invitation). Once they accept, you become friends. 

3. Check the blue Globe (screen attached) and set the setting so they can join your backyard. After that, you can send an invitation to invite them to your backyard/game or you can join their backyard/game.

Message 2 of 10 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]

I find the empty lobbies odd because there are quite a few players on the Europe server.  Sometimes I play on the European server wit ha buddy from the UK.  What kind of game are you trying to get into?  Some game modes never really fill up.  Most people play either turf takeover or mixed mode, the latter is very popular on the Europe server.  It could also be the time of day you're playing.  You can try the NA servers during the afternoons and nights in US time.  Generally ops games fill up in the US as well during regular playing times.

Which brings me to the main way I found my playing friends - ops games.  It's easy to get a sense of whether a player is competent and friendly or not when you play ops games with them.  But you've gotta be quick in the lobby after the game ends, many times the game host will kill the game session right after it ends.  Or you can memorize their gamer tags during the game and do a search.

Message 3 of 10 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We don't have to wait until the end of the game to invite. Once you see candidate friends during the game itself, point to the character so you can see the name tag.

Then press touchpad button on PS4 controller (middle big one, screen shot below), it will bring up the list of players. Select the player, view profile and send a friend invitation.

Message 4 of 10 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I always pick any and any in operations, switching between Plants and Zombies I rarely found people playing during my playtimes 12pm to 4pm and night time, and for US server I have too high ping makes it unplayeable. I always try to add people, but get decline or ignore sadly.

Message 5 of 10 (781 Views)

Have you tried the US servers?  Ping time in this game is unpredictable.  You can be playing locally with a low ping and have extreme rubber banding and high ping with no apparent issues.   I generally have no lag issues when I play with my British buddy on the European server.

Message 6 of 10 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As Red Cross, you just need to be persistent, and sometimes need to cross the line of fire to heal and revive.

This is the key trick when they're many bullets flying around:

1. Walk to the knock out character and once you going to pass on top of it,

2. Press the revive button stay all the time, while press jump button couple of times (while keep moving forward).

3. If you do it correctly, you are doing revive while jumping forward so less chance to get killed.

So you keep heal (especially when they almost dead) and multiple revives, again and again, they will start to recognize and appreciate your brave and valiant service. 

Note:

I personally really appreciate the player that stay healing even though they're being shot. 

Message 7 of 10 (776 Views)

@asukojo wrote:

We don't have to wait until the end of the game to invite. Once you see candidate friends during the game itself, point to the character so you can see the name tag.

Then press touchpad button on PS4 controller (middle big one, screen shot below), it will bring up the list of players. Select the player, view profile and send a friend invitation.

I never ever accept a friend invite from someone who goes AFK in an ops game to send them.  It's obnoxious.  In turf there's more latitude for a player to be out of action for a bit.

Message 8 of 10 (775 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@asukojo wrote:

As Red Cross, you just need to be persistent, and sometimes need to cross the line of fire to heal and revive.

This is the key trick when they're many bullets flying around:

1. Walk to the knock out character and once you going to pass on top of it,

2. Press the revive button stay all the time, while press jump button couple of times (while keep moving forward).

3. If you do it correctly, you are doing revive while jumping forward so less chance to get killed.

So you keep heal (especially when they almost dead) and multiple revives, again and again, they will start to recognize and appreciate your brave and valiant service. 

Note:

I personally really appreciate the player that stay healing even though they're being shot. 

I don't have problems with the game, I just rarely find people on operations or even groups for infinity most of the operations I join people enter and leave everytime which makes the game impossible to play.

Message 9 of 10 (761 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Everybody has different criteria who can be their friends. It depends on their personality as well. 

At lower level, they're more acceptable to friends who heal and revive them consistently, basically always be there for you (has your back),

but at the higher level, they expect friends with a good skill which build from a good battle that settles into a mutual respect. 

Message 10 of 10 (733 Views)