Where is coop mode in Nhl17?

by Zuke456

Original Post

Where is coop mode in Nhl17?

★ Novice
Me and my friends want to be able to play on the same team online vs other human players whether on a team or not (ie 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 etc.) Where is this mode at we all have psn plus accounts and live at different houses it seems obvious that you would include this in the game since people really want to see this, itd be nice to have us all playing together in the same game remotely. I cant find how to do this, ive seen other people playing these modes but as guests which im assuming theyre at the same house. Very obvious and terrible oversight if you dont have this gameplay and needs to be added in an update, makes me not even want to purchase any ea sports games in the future. Who are your testers, did noone ever think oh this function would be nice?
Message 1 of 12 (16,370 Views)

Re: Where is coop mode in Nhl17?

EA DICE Team

@Zuke456

You can play couch co-op in the Online Versus mode.

Message 2 of 12 (16,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
By couch coop you mean they have to be physically at my house? We re not able to play remotely together even though we all have ps plus accounts?
Message 3 of 12 (16,285 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Zuke456

Yes, couch co-op is referencing to playing locally together.

If you would like to play together online, then you can use the EASHL club games, Online Team Play and Drop-In games, which are all available from the EASHL game mode.

Message 4 of 12 (16,276 Views)

★ Novice
But then we have to play with 4 other random people on our team, we just want to be able to play us 2 against another human online at different houses. Is this fuctionality coming in the future because its really not fun having to play with an entire team of people and not just us 2. People have been asking for this for years, you used to be able to do the 2 on 1 remotely years ago. Seems like you guys really dropped the ball on this one, reason why i havent purchased any of your sports games in years. Spent so much time adding gm mode where i dont even play the game just upgrade concessions when you could have been building rhis functionality people would actually use
Message 5 of 12 (16,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with this. I have a brother and nephew that live 1000km away and my 2 sons and I would like to be able to play online and with the 5 of us, have the option make up an entire line to play against the AI. It seems like it would be a no-brainer to be able to have more than 1 person on each end play a game together online WITH FRIENDS instead of being stuck with random people. Does EA think their users are just a bunch of loner hermits with no friends so they only have the matchmaker mode? This makes no sense whatsoever

Message 6 of 12 (16,075 Views)

★ Novice
Ya you basically have to make an eashl club then invite your friends to the club and you can only play with one player the entire game no switching players but u can play with friends. To play other friends youd have to have your friends make a different club and play the clubs against each other its pretty ridiculous, i dont even think ea tests games anymore, i got rory golf and its terrible
Message 7 of 12 (16,060 Views)

★ Guide

ya rory is horrible.......BUT

its not hard to make a club and play with friends in NHL.....thats not ridiculous!

Message 8 of 12 (16,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That helps a bit if you can play against friends in eashl (haven't tried it yet), but if I understand correctly, it's still limited to 1 person per console, is this correct? What I would like to see is the ability to play with 3 or more people on 2 consoles and be able to choose whether you're locked into a position or your control switches between players. I just don't understand the thought process behind the decision to not include that. If you can play a specific user 1v1 online, and you can choose friends online to play in eashl, why can't you choose friends and play online either vs or co-op in the Play Now mode? Maybe there are logistics issues with programming that prevent this? 

Message 9 of 12 (16,048 Views)

★ Novice
In eashl you have to play as one player and one position the entire game, you cant switch positions. There is a way to play with a guest on your own ps4 against other people online just not sure if you can do it vs other friends. Ya it is awful, never understood why me and another friend cant play against 2 other friends all on different ps4s online and be able to switch players. EA had thos back in 2010 etc but it seams like they just rush games out now to make money instead of quality games, which i understand since theyre a business but i think eventually people would get fed uo especially when some other competition breaks into the market, EA can get away with making these lack luster games and modes since there isnt any competition right now. Good luck my best recommendation would be eashl, it takes a while to understand the convaluted process of making a club then manually typing in invites and showing your friends how ti make clubs but it s pretty much the only way
Message 10 of 12 (16,041 Views)