Re: What's your favourite in game weapon, ever.

by ivrognard

Original Post

What's your favourite in game weapon, ever.

Hi everyone

So, what is your favourite in game weapon ever?

For me it is:

1. Shadow warrior: nuke launcherAfbeeldingsresultaat voor shadow warrior nuke launcher
  2. Dead Space: The Devil's horns Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dead space the devil's horns

Message 1 of 5 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I think this is an awesome question. So much awesome, that I literally had to think about the answer for over 2 full days! The answer that I came up with eventually is somewhat cheesy.. but I couldn't make a specific decision.

Looking through all the games that I've played, I just always enjoyed both Bows and Sniper Rifles the most. It doesn't necessarily matter which one, as long as I can get some awesome headshots in..

I do want to give a shout out to both the SV98, and the SVU from Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Definitely the most fun I ever had with sniping in a game.

In the meantime, this question still haunts me because I know there is a specific answer out there! When I finally get to it, I will reply once more.. Large smile

Message 2 of 5 (345 Views)

Well, i am all for Sniper Rifles. The Barret Sniper Rifle from the Delta Force: Black Hawk Down was my favorite. My other favorite is the Dragunov. Shotguns are also good in my book, though i like revolvers and pistols for close quarters combat, too. 

As for medieval weaponry, i prefer a sword/shield combo, daggers or a good old-fasioned flail. One weapon that always intrigued me is the Japanese War Fan(a fan used for close combat, but also as a small shield). But like someone said: anything can be a weapon if you know how to use it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (339 Views)

@Straatford87

Lol, I know what you mean. Had to think about it too. Wink

@ivrognard

The Japanese War Fan is used by Kitana in Mortal Kombat. Large smile

Isn't that originally an assasin's weapon used by ninja?

Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DarkBanishing Actually, it was used initially by the samurai, kind of a last resort weapon.

The fan was available in a few flavors, one which was the usual role of cooling themselves, but the wooden parts were replaced with sharp steel shanks that could become as deadly as a dagger when the fan was folded. And that was the actual war fan, made completely of steel, that could serve as a small shield against daggers and arrows and as a deadly weapon in the hands of a well-versed warrior.

The shinobi (later renamed ninja, the name being adopted in the Sengoku era) adopted the fan, as it was a easy to conceal weapon and well-suited to their needs. 

And here is a beautiful hommage to the samurai that fought in the samurai rebellion at the beginning of the Meiji era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk

The song is about the last battle fought by the samurai at Shiroyama, where around 500 hundred samurai held their own for quite a bit against an enemy that would outnumber them greatly (60 to 1 were the odds). 

Despite what The last samurai movie shows, the samurai troops have a few guns and quite a few firearms. And they've managed for short time to demoralize the imperial army and almost pushing them to retreat, until some experienced officers (former samurai themselves) managed to rally the imperial troops and push the samurais back. It was a truly last stand, a desperate battle and the samurai that died in that battle are even now regarded as heroes. It was their Thermopylae, and like the spartans before them, they did not win, but their actions are now legendary.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)