What is the 'magic' (issue) of McLaren 650S !?

by THEJAJO

Original Post

What is the 'magic' (issue) of McLaren 650S !?

★ Guide

I still cannot figure it out...

Almost every time when I race my tuned (4 stages - acc, 3 - top speed,1167PR) Koenigsegg CCX in BRR against McLaren 650S, I lose.

Even when my ride is with perfect start, super clear, 'professionally' optimized, with high speed all the race and incredibly 'straight' corners.

Please be advised I am not professional NFS NL racer, just enthusiast, however I am not 'racing since yesterday'. Wink

From my POV it is totally unfair when maxed Hyper class car (best in Campaign) is slower and worst from Super car.

I am not able imagine that why it is so bad constructed. It is out my mind.

I (We) would like to hear the voice of EA developers/creators/managers, why did I (we) waist the time to make the CCX fastest in the garage?

Please explain me (us) in details what is the purpose of the action, where Super class car is faster than almost best car in the Hyper class?

With the naked eye one can see that Hyper > Super !

EA, I will appreciate your response.

Message 1 of 9 (869 Views)

Re: What is the 'magic' (issue) of McLaren 650S !?

★ Guide

@THEJAJOyou are among many other 'enthusiasts', some of whom (like me) have played this game for 18 months or more and still cannot understand the irrational behavior of this game, that make it very frustrating for anyone who isn't a gaming geek, or hacker and cheat for that matter.

One thing I have learned about NFSNL is the game logic is definitely not based upon real world 'drive physics'... in fact must of it's behavior is counterintuitive or completely contrary to the experience of racing a real car... but hey, it is a game after all and the rules of the gaming universe do not need to comply with the laws of physics or the limitations imposed on us in the real world.

And herein lies a secret to getting further ahead in a game... "Question your assumptions!"... i.e. don't assume the game behaves the same way as the real world.

For example... don't assume that following a racing line with maximum traction, will result in a better time than drifting and bouncing your car off barriers will!

I discovered completely by chance, that to eek out some extra speed in a BRR nitro race, you basically need to drift, ever so slightly, through as much of the track as possible, PARTICULARLY when hitting the nitro strip itself (or at least, so it seems)... I shaved 2 seconds off my time by doing this. I've also discovered that when you drift into a corner that's too tight for a 'gentle' drift, it's better to hold the gentle drift to recharge nitro, then slam into a boundary wall or barrier to right your traction again and hit the nitro. For some bizarre reason, bouncing off barriers gently seems to act like a 'spring', boosting speed, rather than reducing it, and this is probably because it forces your car out of the drift... so when you hit the nitro, you get the full benefit of the extra traction. Of course, in the real world, if you drift a corner and hit a barrier at these speeds, you'll probably be visiting your ancestors sooner than you hoped. In reality, a car drifting, even slightly, will NEVER outpace a car of the same class traveling in a straight line with full traction... but this is not true in the NFSNL universe.

As for the occasional McLaren and Pagani 'freaks' that outsmoke a CCX in a straight line and out accelerate you and make it seem like you're looking for parking, well we know many of these proved to be cheaters and as for the rest who claim not to be cheaters, well they're clearly exploiting some other counter-intuitive anomaly in the game that we haven't discovered yet.

If you're expecting NFSNL to be a 'fair play' game, I recommend you give up on that idea and save yourself the stress. I've maxed out every standard car in the game and run with a fully tuned CCX (with 8 spanners) and still I'm smoked by the odd McLaren and Pagani while clocking up a 'best time'. I don't think there are many players with 8 spanners and I'm constantly smoked by other CCX's even on a perfect start... so there are many 'tricks' I'm still to learn too. If you stumble on any, let me know.

Message 2 of 9 (847 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wilde u can join G forum and watch some ccx videos and see if there is a trick for u there to control ur 8 tune ccx which should be very lethal

https://plus.google.com/communities/118443872668684653611?iem=1
Message 3 of 9 (823 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hello,
No trick worth noting.
The McLaren 650s compared to CCX is obviously "less performing" but put into the hands of a good pilot can make absurd times. No magic no deception.
Message 4 of 9 (773 Views)

★ Guide

@Unicomessina wrote:
Hello,
No trick worth noting.
The McLaren 650s compared to CCX is obviously "less performing" but put into the hands of a good pilot can make absurd times. No magic no deception.

@Unicomessina, do U suggest to make the 650S tunable? Wink

Message 5 of 9 (767 Views)

★★★ Guide
I use the 650s with 8 tuning points. They are often around 5750sp with good record times compared to those who use CCX. I repeat, it depends very much on the pilot.
Message 6 of 9 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

because someone has more tuning points on his mclaren, always when you tune put all you have in acceleration, then in nitro.You will feel a big difference!

Message 7 of 9 (629 Views)

★ Guide

I see no one from EA is able to answer my question. That's pathetic...

According to the tuning points, I have only 7 available, and it will take some time to reach 8 tuning points.

Right now my 650S has installed gold parts and it is waiting to fill them with materials, but as above - need some time.

@SpejsDeno, why do suggest to max the nitro after acc and not top speed?

Message 8 of 9 (618 Views)

★★★ Guide

@THEJAJO

It's hard for an EA member to answer you, without offense, but it's a mirage. It is advisable to put the "tuning points" on Nitro because it gives you the ability to keep your noses longer and reach and maintain high speeds. The "Maximum Speed" value in slopes of 30s at most does not really matter much.

Message 9 of 9 (610 Views)