What do you think for this week Super Mix Mode - Siege The Day ?

by asukojo

Original Post

What do you think for this week Super Mix Mode - Siege The Day ?

★★★★★ Expert

Regular cactus and regular chomper vs General Supremo and regular All-Star, with knockback and unlimited ammo in Turf Takeover.

I tried this morning :

1. Drone got easily knock down by soldier so hardly able to use it.

2. It's hard to go to the base, I wish we can use all variants instead of only regular.

3. No team able advance to 2nd base and only get 2 stars(attacking team) and 4 stars (defend team)

4. It's goanna be a long long day to get 50 + 30 + 10 + 50 = 140 rainbow stars.

Message 1 of 22 (713 Views)

Re: What do you think for this week Super Mix Mode - Siege The Day ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I will play it soon, but i can already tell that i get tired of that knockback.

Also once again a TT without the ability to build teleporters.

Oh yeah: knockback with Chompers.

Gamebalance done by Popcap TM.

Message 2 of 22 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Still at work but KB with Chompers is a major pain especially against rapid firing enemies that can knock you out of burrow too easily. Obviously tunneling out of enemy line of sight is the best option but sometimes you need to get out of dodge in a hurry and the KB makes it difficult at best.

Message 3 of 22 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]

I won't have time to play until tonight, but it sounds like a pretty stupid one.  But I expect people will start coming up with winning strategies for the plants, they usually do.

I love playing general supremo, so I think I'll have at least a little fun regardless.

My issue: another mystery portal where I will be able to gain exactly zero XP.

Message 4 of 22 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think success on the plants side is dependent on how serious the zombies are at defending.  One map I managed to capture 75 percent of the point as a chomper and which prompted the zombies to get serious.  There is also the fact that the Hide-n-Shoot bots like the Scaredy Shroom can rapid fire so that's fun to deal with.  We did manage to capture the first and second point on Lunar Landing before the zombies got serious.  Didn't get the third.

Message 5 of 22 (676 Views)

★★ Guide
Wish I could play the smm but I'm getting " the zombies broke into the ea server room" message
Message 6 of 22 (669 Views)

@bigoldbagofcrap wrote:
Wish I could play the smm but I'm getting " the zombies broke into the ea server room" message

That would be the patch going back up.  It usually doesn't take long.

Message 7 of 22 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The balancing patch (11 am - 1 pm PST). It should be done now. 

Message 8 of 22 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I do appreciate the attempt at a match up for the first time in forever. Too bad we are back with knockback on TT, my least favorite mystery portal. Just like last time I hate it. I didn't think it could get worse but unlimited ammo and two fast fire zombies as the only options sure proved me wrong. Its a hail of bullets from players plus the machine gun perfect aiming bots. As a plant it is hopeless to run against the firing storm and sneaking doesn't help because bots aren't fooled. As a zombie I just stare up at the sky because even if the bots couldn't handle things the 1-2 players that care can.

In the 4ish hours it took to get 40 stars only two times did the plants reach point two. (One of which because I somehow took the whole thing myself.) So, I spend 7 minutes earning 2-4 stars. (Thanks to plants mass quitting after each round more often 2 than 4. Put someone else on the plant team two+ games in a row for once.) Anyway, thank goodness I have a habit of earning 50 stars the week before. I only had to earn 40 this week. With all the playable options mastered it is pointless frustration to earn anymore. I'm sure I will more than make up for it trying for craaazy next week.

Plus: Its finally a match up again, Unlimited Ammo is lots of fun (if it were by itself).

Minus: TT + Knockback, Knockback portal again, Match Up contains only 4 options. Have I mentioned Knockback sucks?

Message 9 of 22 (630 Views)

★★ Guide

I dislike the game mode. I'm tired of Knock Back and Cactus and Chomper vs All Star and General Supremo is not fairly balanced. Especially with unlimited ammo and knock back. 

And is this the 3rd time we've done Knock Back in Super Mix mode in a row? CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH IT FOR A WHILE. THANKS POPCAP! 

Message 10 of 22 (620 Views)