What do you think about a zombie card that destroys a plant with 3 of strength

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Re: What do you think about a zombie card that destroys a plant with 3 of streng

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I think we need only 1 card to destroy a plant with 3 of strength. Not 2 or 3 that cost a lot of brains and that there are only in some decks.

I hate flower 3/5, the plant 3/7, and the other plants that have 3/4. They are so difficult to destroy.

ZOMBIES NEED A "WHACK-A-PLANT", PLANTS HAVE "WHACK-A-ZOMBIE" AND ZOMBIES NOT. =(

Message 21 of 24 (662 Views)

Re: What do you think about a zombie card that destroys a plant with 3 of streng

Champion (Retired)

@jasterrogue1 wrote:

I think we need only 1 card to destroy a plant with 3 of strength. Not 2 or 3 that cost a lot of brains and that there are only in some decks.

I hate flower 3/5, the plant 3/7, and the other plants that have 3/4. They are so difficult to destroy.

ZOMBIES NEED A "WHACK-A-PLANT", PLANTS HAVE "WHACK-A-ZOMBIE" AND ZOMBIES NOT. =(

Call me silly, but I like that Plants and Zombies don't have "identical" cards/tricks.  Game would get boring then.

BPRD

Message 22 of 24 (261 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I do agree. There are already some similar cards between both sides (like Rocket Science and Shamrocket), I don't think it is necessary to keep duplicating cards.

Another thing is that the cards that you mention aren't that big of a deal. (at least from my humble point of view).

Power Flower (the 3/5) is probably the most annoying one because of the strikethrough factor, but you can leave the rest without any trouble. You can always play a simple 1/1 infront of them to block their attacks.

Zombies have already many dirty ways to deal with plants, like bounce, lethal and easy ways to buff other zombies. (And we even have now some freeze as well!!)

Plants for example, doesn't have anything even close to Weed Spray or Rolling Stone. I think it is fair for them to have some plants that the zombies can't instantly kill.

(But as I mentioned before, you can always bounce or place a lethal zombie in front of it).

Message 23 of 24 (251 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In my opinion, I honestly do not think this zombie card is a good idea. Zombies can basically board wipe nearly any type of plant. Right now, the only thing keeping me from getting completely destroyed by a zombie hero playing removal are my 3/3 3/4 3/7 plants. This proposal also mitigates some of the intended effects of the new galactic gardens card. For example, Cosmic Nut was likely (from my POV) developed to prevent weed spray, rolling stone, etc. from completely shutting down walnut decks. 

Besides, Zombies have plumber, chickening, last mission, rocket science, weed spray, nibble, black hole, and eclipse already. With cards such as nibble and the enviornments, you can easily get most plants down to 2 strength or below and finish with a weed spray or rolling stone. Or you can simply play zombies to destroy them (deadly, Piccolo zombie, etc.).  As a plus, zombies have rocket science as a super-rare card (currently, I think) and can obtained from Premium packs, but these packs will not give plant players shamrockets. So i suppose, there is an intended balance to this. 

Message 24 of 24 (242 Views)