What am I, made outta glass!?

by SCI0PHYTE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What am I, made outta glass!?

★★★★ Novice

I can't help but notice that a lot of other players seem to be able to withstand a veritable hail of laser bolts while I go down if they just look at me sternly. Now, I don't imagine that all of those guys (or any) use cheats or hacks, but I do wonder what accounts for this perceived fragility of mine. Do higher levels simply have more HP? Or am I not actually hitting them when it looks to me as if I do? Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 4 (473 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What am I, made outta glass!?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

They may be using Bacta Bombs for +30 health and could be using the Bodygaurd trait which gives damage reduction.  They may cut you down so fast by using the Berserker trait which gives a damage boost to blasters when fired from the hip or the Sharpshooter trait which does the same for zoomed in blaster fire.   They could also be using the Explosive Shot star card which overcharges primary weapons to fire explosive bolts.  Perhaps people are going for head shots on you, whereas, maybe you are shooting them in the torso with the wrong blaster for the wrong distance.

If that's not it perhaps network lag or a poor connection on your part could give them an advantage.  When my internet was slow last year I NEVER seemed to get the drop on other players.  It was a sad sight so I know how you feel. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (556 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

They may be using Bacta Bombs for +30 health and could be using the Bodygaurd trait which gives damage reduction.  They may cut you down so fast by using the Berserker trait which gives a damage boost to blasters when fired from the hip or the Sharpshooter trait which does the same for zoomed in blaster fire.   They could also be using the Explosive Shot star card which overcharges primary weapons to fire explosive bolts.  Perhaps people are going for head shots on you, whereas, maybe you are shooting them in the torso with the wrong blaster for the wrong distance.

If that's not it perhaps network lag or a poor connection on your part could give them an advantage.  When my internet was slow last year I NEVER seemed to get the drop on other players.  It was a sad sight so I know how you feel. 

Message 2 of 4 (557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I figured it might be stuff like that. Thanks for the input, and the commiseration. :-)

Message 3 of 4 (450 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @Raymond_lV for this great input on the issue! Keep up the great work, helping other players.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 4 (420 Views)