Useless hero abilities

by Cryptonox1

Original Post

Useless hero abilities

★★★ Apprentice

1) Whirlwind --> bounce a random zombie away. This is probably worst trick in game which has often even negative moment on your game if you want to play it.
2) Bubble Up --> Move a plant. It gets +3 hp. Idk, maybe if it aswell drawed a card? Now it is one of the worst tricks. You already get * by tricks.
3) Root Wall --> A plant gets +2 hp and can't be hurt this turn. Maybe if it made that plant immune to tricks aswell. Now it just sucks most of the times
4) Dolphinado --> bounce a random plant. Same as whirlwind, but sometimes with pet decks it can be ok.

Other good mentions but not as useless as those four
5) Rock wall --> a zombie gets +5 hp. Definetly better than Bubble up since plants don't use trick so easily on you.
6) Posessed --> a zombie gets +2 hp and frenzy. Sometimes usefull, usually bad but not totally worthless thou.

Message 1 of 17 (740 Views)

Re: Useless hero abilities

★★ Guide

Whirlwind and Dolphinado are definitely bad superpowers. About the rest, it seems to me that it is a matter of personal preferences: Posessed, for example, is very useful with The Smash, and Bubble Up more than once has saved me playing with Wall-Knight.

Message 2 of 17 (727 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You are just using the cards in the wrong way my friend.

Let me help you:

1) Whirlwind/Dolphinado --> Bounce a random target. This is a card that you use to gain control of the board. If your opponent summons a big zombie/plant, you just bounce it back and then you play what you want. It's ALMOST like you opponent skipped their turn. (Due to the random factor, is most effective the less targets are on the board.)

2) Bubble Up --> Move a plant. It gets +3 hp. You use this card to reposition plants in strategic places. For example, to move a Prickly Pear, since they can't attack on their own. Also, you can use it to move a plant to block what would be otherwise, a lethal attack for your hero, giving you an extra turn.

3) Root Wall --> A plant gets +2 hp and can't be hurt this turn. This is to protect key plants for you, for example, a Bananasaurus Rex.

5) Rock wall --> a zombie gets +5 hp. Same as Root Wall, you use it to keep key zombies alive. (Have you seen how insane a Exploding Imp with Rock Wall is?)

6) Posessed --> a zombie gets +2 hp and frenzy. Just use it on your big zombies and you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 17 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Azombioso wrote:

You are just using the cards in the wrong way my friend.

Let me help you:

1) Whirlwind/Dolphinado --> Bounce a random target. This is a card that you use to gain control of the board. If your opponent summons a big zombie/plant, you just bounce it back and then you play what you want. It's ALMOST like you opponent skipped their turn. (Due to the random factor, is most effective the less targets are on the board.)

2) Bubble Up --> Move a plant. It gets +3 hp. You use this card to reposition plants in strategic places. For example, to move a Prickly Pear, since they can't attack on their own. Also, you can use it to move a plant to block what would be otherwise, a lethal attack for your hero, giving you an extra turn.

3) Root Wall --> A plant gets +2 hp and can't be hurt this turn. This is to protect key plants for you, for example, a Bananasaurus Rex.

5) Rock wall --> a zombie gets +5 hp. Same as Root Wall, you use it to keep key zombies alive. (Have you seen how insane a Exploding Imp with Rock Wall is?)

6) Posessed --> a zombie gets +2 hp and frenzy. Just use it on your big zombies and you'll be fine.

Thanks for being captain obvious.

//

Now back to actual topic.

Message 4 of 17 (694 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bubble Up =  could be really useful. for example you place pear cub into ground (1/1) and when it change to 5/4 you move it to water. Or to move punisher mushroom and keep it alive increasing its chance of using its abilty.

Root Wall = it has lots of uses, but I love when you use it on soul patch, making you invulnerable for 1 turn.

Rock wall = use it on a exploding imp and you'll have a 6/6 zombie by turn 4. Use it with nespaper zombie and you can easily have 5/8 - 9/7 zombie by turn 3.

Message 5 of 17 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am just pointing out that they are not useless hero abilities, you just need to use them effectively.

It's like if you used Heroic Health after only taking one damage. You are not using the card at it's full potential.

Message 6 of 17 (668 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Azombioso wrote:

I am just pointing out that they are not useless hero abilities, you just need to use them effectively.

It's like if you used Heroic Health after only taking one damage. You are not using the card at it's full potential.

All those situatins you people listed above are rare. Losing more than 6 hp is NOT rare. Most of hero tricks are usefull no matter WHAT happens. Those tricks that are not so usefull that often should be more powerfull when they are used or more usefull at overall.

Message 7 of 17 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

1) Whirlwind --> agreed
2) Bubble Up --> amazing in most situations. you are definitely doing it wrong
3) Root Wall --> amazing in most situations. you are definitely doing it wrong
4) Dolphinado --> agreed - except it has PET DECK synergy

5) Rock wall --> this is nearly ALWAYS useful. you are using it wrong
6) Posessed --> this is actually one of the best superpowers. you must be using it wrong. put it on a deadly plant, or a gargantuar. especially since it is a trick and the plant hero won't see it coming.

Message 8 of 17 (632 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@jaydabbler wrote:

1) Whirlwind --> agreed
2) Bubble Up --> amazing in most situations. you are definitely doing it wrong
3) Root Wall --> amazing in most situations. you are definitely doing it wrong
4) Dolphinado --> agreed - except it has PET DECK synergy

5) Rock wall --> this is nearly ALWAYS useful. you are using it wrong
6) Posessed --> this is actually one of the best superpowers. you must be using it wrong. put it on a deadly plant, or a gargantuar. especially since it is a trick and the plant hero won't see it coming.

I'm not only talking about my own game play, I have not see them being used vs me as strong cards either.

Message 9 of 17 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In what league are you?

I see all the things I've listed in 80% of my games.

(Right now I'm in Taco League, lvl 40)

Message 10 of 17 (613 Views)