Unofficial Bioware Social Network (uBSN) (Player-run fan forum)

by CassandraSaturn

Original Post

Unofficial Bioware Social Network (uBSN) (Player-run fan forum)

★★★ Novice

hi, i'm not sure if such topics like this is allowed and (i checked first by searching all topics, none was shown but just link to other BSN splinter forum)

http://biowaresocialnetwork.boards.net/

here's uBSN. it stands for unofficial Bioware Social Network, whom was created as direct successor to BioWare social network prime aka today's current forum that closed which was known as "BSN Prime" and also uBSN is successor to original BioWare Social Network nicknamed "Bioware Legacy" meaning the original Social Network before the forum's move and closure to current closed forum aka BSN Prime. and that is uBSN. our job on uBSN is to keep forum clean and troll-free, drama-free as well to maintain the forum. basically the forum is much more close to social.bioware era where it did not have any drama like it was back then. the forum protects LGBT members from harassment. uBSN has 279 or more users, we don't ban anyone without proof or facts, they have right to voice their concerns and what else they have on their minds/chests.

uBSN is home to real true BioWare fans. we don't put out hostility on anyone or Bioware Developers either. we strive for proper criticism of the game and offer feedback without hostility. that's how REAL BioWare fans used to do before all that hostility started with DA2.

i am forum/system administrator of uBSN. i do all theme work, forum board creation, categories creation. pretty much everything i do at uBSN. we also even have Multiplayer sub-boards of specific games such as Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda too. feel free to check it out.

if here are any questions, please do ask. thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (3,327 Views)

Re: Unofficial Bioware Social Network (uBSN) (Player-run fan forum)

Hero

Activity seems a bit on the low end. Did you start up the forum recently? Another fan forum, http://bsn.boards.net, is very active with many of its members being veterans from the old forum or even BioWare staff members.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (3,290 Views)

★★★ Pro

I joined bsn.boards.net only fairly recently and it is a forum full of great knowledge that has come about from many hours of research, testing .. and conversations/communication.   Shame i got there later.   There is some unrest though since they dropped support, and why wouldn't there be the dropping of support left a bitter taste for many so it has to have some effect.

On this forum though, i've been here since the game launched.. i'm apparently 100% for guide ***** (5 stars) but it doesn't seem to be updating any more onto my forum posts, and posts here are much less than they used to be, and most notably since they dropped support.. i think people have started to drift away and certainly the volume of players starting lobbies is less in game too.. or at least that is how it seems right now.

Not sure we need more forums than there is out there at the moment,   with this ea answers board, bsn.boards.net and reddit, i think that in the main catches most people, so another just seems like its not going to catch enough drift wood, this late in the games life-cycle.

just my opinion.

Message 3 of 7 (3,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

uBSN was created on same day along with cBSN. these are guys that attacked and hit, beating me down brutally with their cyberbully tactics at the time and over time. you'd see huge difference between that forum which has unrest and not lot of civility/peace due to massive number of users as well small moderator force. then my forum which has been quiet, maintains order and peace, plenty of discussions going on slowly. but has big moderator force of 8 when cBSN only has three.you can find out all about these attacks they have done on behalf of cBSN. some topics/threads/posts were deleted on cBSN shortly after the first article was published. but proof remain on the first article, second and third, fourth.

First Article: https://creators.co/@TheSaturnNews/4250089
Second Article: https://creators.co/@TheSaturnNews/4280672
Third Article: https://creators.co/@TheSaturnNews/4282383
Fourth Article: https://creators.co/@TheSaturnNews/4354066

so you can see, they have been at this since August 2016.

(September 12th 2017)

i'm pushing for it because i don't want any more users get attacked by mods on cBSN. i'd know because i had to deal with them before they became mods on their own forum. it's abuse of their moderation powers to use it on members that don't follow or go along with them. we don't need that to make our players rip BioWare or EA a bad one that it will inflict far more consequences with Mass Effect Franchise. EA and BW almost were done with the franchise until they had little faith that it will get better. so, they didn't put it away.. yet.

Message 4 of 7 (3,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

and now you've brought it to us.. and judging by your most recent posts on another thread, it would seem you have intent to just make each and every post you make about them.  (bsn.boards)

I only joined that forum recently and NO i'm not in cahoots with anyone before you get that idea.. but it does seem to me that you are just looking to air your grievances somewhere really as public as you can for whatever reason and the only one i can see right now is that this forum has a bigger footfall than your own, but that does not mean we all want to read about it now does it?

I had my issues with some forum posters etc on a world of warcraft forum many years ago, but i just moved on from it.. and drew a line under it.  I would actually recommend you do the same.. it really helps.

Message 5 of 7 (3,177 Views)

Cassandra's welcome to run her own unofficial forum (a free world), but bashing the BSN BioWare Social Network (unofficial) http://bsn.boards.net/ at every opportunity seems a little like sour grapes. I was a moderator on Cassandra's site myself for a few days before transferring, I don't doubt her good intentions, and she doesn't deserve anyone being mean to her (provocation aside). But however well-intentioned, an empty forum with two or three posters and a few tumbleweeds does not make for a good experience. 

The moderators on BSN (the active one) work hard to run a tolerant, fair and busy forum, irrespective of made up claims you may read on the internet.

I will, however, endorse Cassandra's point to check out the forums yourself and make up your own mind.

Aside of that, I suggest we stop this silly internecine bickering.

SofaJockey, moderator on BSN - BioWare Social Network (unofficial) http://bsn.boards.net/ 

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 7 (3,014 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SofaJockeyUK @CassandraSaturn

I think everyone here made his point and everyone who will read this can make up her/his mind by visiting the two forums.

This however is a thread dedicated to a specific Bioware game and not a place to discuss, or promote, one Bioware dedicated forum over the other.

Therefore I close this thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 7 (2,989 Views)