UNICORN CHOMPER

by joakincabo

Original Post

Re: UNICORN CHOMPER

★★ Apprentice

to be honest i think i played quite sometime to reach lvl 313 but i didnt cause i didnt care about lvl, even worse i liked the idea of stay low lvl so the high lvls "the good ones" would think i was a newb but surprise mtf!

im not going to get it just wanted to try it, i dont like chompers at all to make all that effort, i havent do even 20 lvls in gw2 with all chompers together but i will miss the idea of trying ti with that unique ability, cause they wont add  to the list to try it, but oh well 

Message 11 of 19 (891 Views)

@joakincabo wrote:

to be honest i think i played quite sometime to reach lvl 313 but i didnt cause i didnt care about lvl, even worse i liked the idea of stay low lvl so the high lvls "the good ones" would think i was a newb but surprise mtf!

im not going to get it just wanted to try it, i dont like chompers at all to make all that effort, i havent do even 20 lvls in gw2 with all chompers together but i will miss the idea of trying ti with that unique ability, cause they wont add  to the list to try it, but oh well 

wow someone understands the reward of loyalty. don' worry the unicorn chomper is terrible anyways. The unicorn chomper is just 45 more ranks. 

Message 12 of 19 (876 Views)

★ Apprentice

The fact that you need to reach level 313 in order to unlock the chomper is a bummer, I believe.  Seriously, I and many others would be much more active in GW2 if we wouldn't need to go back to part 1. In fact I didn't contribute anything to the game the last whole month but will return if I manage to complete the last 100 ranks. Feel a bit sorry for the people who can't find proper games anymore or miss community challenges because of this but that's the price. GG

Message 13 of 19 (857 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Meanwhile players who are just as loyal as high and mighty big time (HOURS PLAYED) are unlocking the unicorn chomper now.

Get over yourselves and back to work.  Go back to GW1.  Unlock it.

Message 14 of 19 (844 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Same thing with me. I played a fair amount of GW1 but when I got to level 36 I sort of just gave up on the challenges and just started playing the game without worrying about them. When GW2 came out I just sort of figured that the Unicorn Chomper just wouldn't be part of my roster but I'm one Legendary sticker away from having every character that GW2 can give you and the fact that there's an empty spot for the Unicorn Chomper in my base really started to bother me so I went back to GW1 with an eye towards hitting level 313.

I've been splitting my time between the two games for a week and I've already boosted my GW1 level to 66 so it's not hard to do; it's just time consuming and we have another seven months to get it done before the cutoff.

Message 15 of 19 (839 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have him and he's not worth the time to get. The warp is okay, but not as good as Scientist. Any little object, slope or stairs negates the teleport! You little teleport to the same spot! Needs to be fixed.

I'd also wish he would have vommitted rainbows ( a spray effect like fire Chomper) instead of a bland chomp.
Message 16 of 19 (835 Views)

★★ Guide

I feel like anyone who played GW1 was rewarded.  While I was never level 313, I was able to bring over all my previous unlocked plants/zombies to GW2.  that was something nice they didn't have to do for anyone.  Think about how many more variants you were able to start with because you played the first game.

As to alternate ways to unlock unichomper I couldn't care less one way or the other.

Message 17 of 19 (828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, Pop cap shouldn't of made the unicorn chomper "exclusive" because of the high level you'll need to reach in  order to get it. I personally belive that they shouldjust make the unicorn unlockable in another way or just make players buy the unicorn chomper like the Z7 imp!Disappointed

@joakincabo wrote:

I think EA made a bad decition about the method of getting unicorn chomper, as a player of GW1 i was never interested of leveling there, i played the characters i liked, soldier, engeneer, pea shooter and sunflower.

I have 260 hours of playing gw1 and im hardly lvl 50 (cause skip cards), there was no point of lvling in GW1, so lvl 313 isnt necesary a "loyality" player.
I have to make a point here: 260 playing in GW1 is time of playing not being in game like in GW2 cause ur in you garden doing nothing and counts as gameplay i have 315h in GW2 and isnt even half the gamplay i did in GW1 in much longer period of time

The problem is here with "loyality" i dont see how someone can call a lvl 313 loyality in this case, at first i was like im going to play GW2 cause damn i just purchased and i want to try it, then later i went back to get the lvl 313 in GW1 and its pretty bad playing there now, the graphics now looks bad and theres no ppl playing at least in PC, the waste of time for a single character i dont think its worth

So i think they should add another way of getting Unicorn chomper, playing GW2, maybe have purchased GW1 and lots of stars in GW2 but LOTS like maybe 1000? 5k? 10k? i dont know but it would be also a good way of spending stars cause they pretty useless now

Whats th point of making ppl play the old game when you already have the new one????  And almost empty sometimes (Origin pc)

Message 18 of 19 (515 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
To respond directly, NO. 5455 can still be hit by playing him in CP. Otherwise....NO
Message 19 of 19 (502 Views)