UNICORN CHOMPER

by joakincabo

Original Post

UNICORN CHOMPER

★★ Apprentice

I think EA made a bad decition about the method of getting unicorn chomper, as a player of GW1 i was never interested of leveling there, i played the characters i liked, soldier, engeneer, pea shooter and sunflower.

I have 260 hours of playing gw1 and im hardly lvl 50 (cause skip cards), there was no point of lvling in GW1, so lvl 313 isnt necesary a "loyality" player.
I have to make a point here: 260 playing in GW1 is time of playing not being in game like in GW2 cause ur in you garden doing nothing and counts as gameplay i have 315h in GW2 and isnt even half the gamplay i did in GW1 in much longer period of time

The problem is here with "loyality" i dont see how someone can call a lvl 313 loyality in this case, at first i was like im going to play GW2 cause damn i just purchased and i want to try it, then later i went back to get the lvl 313 in GW1 and its pretty bad playing there now, the graphics now looks bad and theres no ppl playing at least in PC, the waste of time for a single character i dont think its worth

So i think they should add another way of getting Unicorn chomper, playing GW2, maybe have purchased GW1 and lots of stars in GW2 but LOTS like maybe 1000? 5k? 10k? i dont know but it would be also a good way of spending stars cause they pretty useless now

Whats th point of making ppl play the old game when you already have the new one????  And almost empty sometimes (Origin pc)

Message 1 of 19 (1,076 Views)

Re: UNICORN CHOMPER

★★ Guide

It is only a bonus to show you how happy they are for you who played GW1. And the Unicorn Chomper is just a prize for the lvl 313, maybe because you don't get anything special on GW1 or because Popcap thought that you need something for the hard work.

Message 2 of 19 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You have a good point, but I like this idea that there is only one way to get some characther and it's not through money. For me the target has been to lvl up max on those games. Even though I stopped playing gw1 cause the new game got out, I'm still planning to go back and lvl up to max before this year is over. I don't find it difficult, I do the missions that I find easy and then use stars for rest. And with that it's easy to lvl up even if I only play solo play.

Maybe they could bring later some other character that you could get only with money/stars. But this Unicorn Chomper they should keep like it is. No changing the original idea. That's the fun in collecting =) If I can't get that chomper, it's my own fault and so be it. Good that there at least is that chance.

Message 3 of 19 (1,046 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I though the same,i said i wil come back but when i did the game isnt good enough, u get used to the new one and makes GW1 looks bad, it seems too much effort and time for a single character, when i could be playing GW2 instead

I cant explain why EA is making ppl play the old version when they have the new one, im prety sure more than half player in GW1 are playing for Unicorn chomper but they dont want to

Message 4 of 19 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have unicorn Chomper and his teleport is inferior to scientist.

Any little object or change of terrain (descent) will make the unicorn Chomper not teleport any distance! This needs to be fixed.
Message 5 of 19 (1,006 Views)

★ Guide
The point of the uni isn't to make people play gw1 but it was just a gift to those of us that made it to 313. I don't even think they should've allowed people this extra time to go back and lvl up. It should have just ended the day gw2 was released.
Message 6 of 19 (978 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@darthvader1070

Spot on.  Couldn't say it any better than that.  I don't have the uni chomper and i never will.....and that's fine with me

Message 7 of 19 (938 Views)

★ Guide

I also agree with darthvader1070.

They gave us fair warning as to the rewards and what levels you would need to be. I didn't do the grinding...so I don't get the reward.

Message 8 of 19 (911 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can understand why the Unicorn Chomper is limited as a reward for GW players who hit the maximum level.

I played Garden Warfare and, as has been said, there was little incentive to level up since all character variants shared the same level and all levels from 1 to 313 had exactly the same access to power-ups, enhancements and customization because they came from sticker packs and weren't "earned" in a more traditional sense. It was one of the quirks of the game.

Obviously the game designers wanted to reward the people who bought and played Garden Warfare because they obviously made GW2 possible and if they also bought GW2 that's where your "Loyalty" comes in; having bought both games. You get to import all your characters and their power-ups and if you were one of the people who bothered doing the Star Challenges in the first game you got a bonus reward for that extra effort which you put in during your playtime.

The Unicorn Chomper just happens to be reserved for those people who really went after the challenges the game could offer them.

Message 9 of 19 (903 Views)

★★ Novice

I used to think that too. Getting the unicorn chomper is an uphill task but you must remember that it's a REWARD for making that effort.

I know what you mean because i stopped playing GW1 when GW2 came out and i was lvl 100. I knew about the loyalty rewards and everything but i thought it would be an impossible task so i gave up.

But after thinking and thinking, i decided to level up again in GW1 in order to get the chomper, plus reaching the max lvl in one of your favorite games (at least in my case GW are my favorite PS games) is a pretty satisfying sensation. I needed about 300 hours of gameplay in order to reach rank 313 but trust me it's not so hard, yeah it requires a lot of dedication and time, but it's not impossible and i think it worths it. Also if you like the game why not making an effort to get something you want? I think making the unicorn chomper obtainable by purchasing it with coins or that stuff would make no sense, it isn't something obligatory so if you don't have it wouldn't mean you are not going to enjoy the game properly.

So just go and do it lvl up you have the chance to get it until february 2017, you won't be using not even the half of the time you have to get it, and i'm telling you this because i was in your position and i understand, also i'm in university so the time for playing is very limited but eventho i got it, the time that i had to play was to lvl up, so don't complain, when you want something just work for it, because once you are done, is a pretty fulfilling sensation and even more when it's not an easy thing, that's when most satisfying feels.

Play a lot of Gardens and Graveyards and save up all the coins for skips stars, 10K packs are the best deal atleast that's how i did it. Good luck

Message 10 of 19 (885 Views)