Tone down the Imp and his abilities

by Berit

Original Post

Tone down the Imp and his abilities

★ Guide

Am I the only one that feels that the Imp has abit to much dmg?
He is very small and fast and really hard to hit. He has big strong attacks and can summon those monster/robot rides that is almost impossible to avoid, and the rides seems to have tons of health.

I think they should alteast tone down those machines or make him alot slower. You cant have a character that has everything. There has to be some kind of drawback to all this.

Overall I often feel that the Zombieteam has many more strong characters.
What does the Plants have that meets up with the Imps strong attacks? Same with that Superman. Although I feel he is abit better as he alteast is large and easier to spot.

But the Imp really needs adjusting, just like they did with Rose.

Message 1 of 11 (676 Views)

Re: Tone down the Imp and his abilities

★ Guide

all imps have 75 hp so thats why hes small and fast. his mech varies from 300 to 400 hp but it has a longish cool down. little drake can be a pain in the arse with him being the fire variant. but a team can melt mechs easy or a nicely placed pea cannon or sun beam

Message 2 of 11 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]

Zombies are not stronger, they just are very easy to use. Imp has the gravity gernade with a gaint range so you just shoot at one place, imps have impkata which reuires no aiming at all and 20% damage resistance, Meches has 20% damage resistance. Even the citron cannot beat a good player 1 vs 1 against a mech because the empeach dosen't stun a mech longer but just takes damage longer only.  If both plant and zombie teams have unskilled players, the zombie team will always win. 

Message 3 of 11 (651 Views)

★★★ Guide

Imps are easy kills, it's when they turn into the mechs that gives them the advantage on a one on one. But even Mechs can be killed fast if you gang up on them. Those players who play Imps, good players keep moving, lousy players stay still.

Message 4 of 11 (630 Views)

★ Guide

"If both plant and zombie teams have unskilled players, the zombie team will always win"

Thats a sign right there. If one team is overall easier to play then they have a huge advantage.

They should both be equally hard/easy to play.

Message 5 of 11 (606 Views)

★ Guide

@ShavedThronel0 wrote:

If both plant and zombie teams have unskilled players, the zombie team will always win. 

What's this about unskilled players? Do the 3-5 Corns/Citrons I see in most games count?

Message 6 of 11 (589 Views)

★ Guide

@MuppoMongo wrote:

"If both plant and zombie teams have unskilled players, the zombie team will always win"

Thats a sign right there. If one team is overall easier to play then they have a huge advantage.

They should both be equally hard/easy to play.

zombies are good at range and chip away at the plants health. and the only zombie that needs looking at is little drake.
plants on the other hand are there are a load of broken characters like bbq corn, citron, ice citron, plasma pea, torchwood and last and not least the electro pea.

it took 3-5 hours to max out electro pea and getting kills was a breeze never mind assistances

but if your against a full side of those mentioned its just one way traffic

Message 7 of 11 (577 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I sniped plenty of Imps out of the air as Cactus, even as E. Citron. The Imp itself really isn't a problem.

All of his 3 skills are way too powerful yes, but they all have downsides.

If you really struggle against Imps and have no experience in this game, think about how you can hit them more effectively - with splash or fire or homing for example. And since BBQ entered a somewhat ok area now, you can simply use him against Imps.

Message 8 of 11 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree. This class is ruining the game (especially gnome bomb). Far too many unskilled players are using it as a crutch. In gnome bomb, when a mech picks up the bomb, it kicks the player out of the mech. All good. But the bomb can still be defused whilst in the mech suit. They should have to leave the mech to defuse the bomb, too. Couple this with the imp's gravity grenade and the fact that there are multiple imps in every game, then gnome bomb has gone from immense fun to a tiresome and frustrating experience.

I play as a pea and I have discovered an effective counter against mechs - the gatling rips them apart. This isn't really practical in gnome bomb, but is useful for turf takeover. Whilst the gatling won't really help with multiple mechs, at least it is something.

I doubt that Popcap will ever address the issues with the imps. EA and Popcap only care about getting as much money from us as possible. They want as many people as possible to play the game and purchase coins etc. They don't want to exclude unskilled players. Having them stop playing the game because they aren't very good at it is a loss of potential revenue. The imp is there to make sure that these players continue to play the game and hand over their money.

Message 9 of 11 (479 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am sure you can find effective spots to mow down Mechs when they try to disarm the bomb. Once you know the maps well and where the gnomes must be placed, you should be able to find "healthier" spots where a ZPG is not immediately guaranteed to hit you. 

But it's also the Citrons fault to never have an EMPeach ready when they need to stop a mech disarming. As the EMPeach cancels the disarm. But since so many Citrons just waste their EMPeach on the first enemy they encounter it won't be of any help when a mech begins to disarm.

Here are some more advanced strategies to deny mechs:

• Citrons Ball Rush pushes the Mech away
  • Roses Time Snare cancels the disarm
  • Frozen state from any ice damage cancels the disarm

And yes; Citrons are still the best choice when it comes to fight Mechs strategically. The Peas Gatling may deal a lot of damage and rip them apart, but Citron can deny them to eject the mech and push them around.

I agree that the Imp is ridiculous though. The whole "chaos" the developers wanted to add to the game did not account for how cheap actual human beings play - when their only intention is to "win". In reality - especially in sports -  rules apply to competitors, for the sake of fair play. But in video games only the game itself enforces rules. And when the code says that 6 Imps (who clearly only play Imp for the Mechs) in one match is no problem, then people will do it.

Message 10 of 11 (446 Views)