by daalnnii

Original Post

Thoughts on this deck?

Champion (Retired)
Whadaya think?
Message 1 of 14 (715 Views)

Re: Thoughts on this deck?

★★★★★ Guide
Looks pretty cool and very annoying to deal with. (From a Zombie main perspective).

I would personally remove the fertilizer and add some Grow-Shrooms but that's just me.

The reason behind this is for example: You play a 2 drop on turn 2 and fertilize it on turn 3. Because you only have 1 plant, if it gets removed, you will lose all pressure on the board.

If you buff it with a Grow-Shroom, at least you keep a 2/1 on the board to keep inflicting damage.

Anyway, good deck bro.
Message 2 of 14 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
I've been thinking of dropping fertilizer, but for either more control spells or possibly another couple minions... Maybe a cheaper environment just to counter theirs easily.

Good feedback , and I've noticed the same thing. I either redraw it or never really have the use for it when it's in my hand.
Message 3 of 14 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I don't know if an environment is a good idea.

Coffee grounds COULD be useful if you place the Captain Cucumber on top of it, but that's pretty much it. (I guess it can be useful for Blooming Heart as well).

What about some nutrients? (The plant food trick).

I think it can be more useful since the bonus attack is sometimes better than just plain stats.
Message 4 of 14 (684 Views)

Champion (Retired)
This is true... But I've also been considering banana peel.
Message 5 of 14 (677 Views)

★★ Pro

I replied to this post immediately after you posted it, but it doesn't seem to have saved. weird.

Message 6 of 14 (668 Views)

★★ Pro

@Azombioso wrote:
Looks pretty cool and very annoying to deal with. (From a Zombie main perspective).

I would personally remove the fertilizer and add some Grow-Shrooms but that's just me.

The reason behind this is for example: You play a 2 drop on turn 2 and fertilize it on turn 3. Because you only have 1 plant, if it gets removed, you will lose all pressure on the board.

If you buff it with a Grow-Shroom, at least you keep a 2/1 on the board to keep inflicting damage.

Anyway, good deck bro.

I agree. I almost always use Grow-Shroom over Fertilizer.

In fact, I think Grow-Shroom is one of the most under-rated cards in the game.

Message 7 of 14 (667 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Fixed! I'd like to hear you two explain how is played. Just to see if we would play them the same. And to see your thoughts on what's important.
Message 8 of 14 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Change every card in your hand until you get a Lilly. It's the most important plant of the deck.

Blooming hearth on turn 1 no matter what. It's OK if It gets killed because that means less removal for the rest of the plants. It main purpose is to serve as a distraction.

Lilly on turn 2 since it is pretty unlikely to get killed, specially if you played the Hearth on turn 1.

Any plant (except other Lilly :v) on heights on turn 3.

At this point, you just play whatever you have available.

I will personally use the Berry Blast to kill any zombie trying to block the attacks of the buffed plant on heights, but not before that.

Sweet potato on heights as well to maximize the effect of the Lilly.

Just be careful against beastly heroes, mostly because of alien ooze. I think it is better to keep your important plants (lilke Captain Cucumber and Bananasaurus) on the ground because of this cheap removal, and just buff them with the grow shroom.

Since the height lane attacks first, I think it is top priority to place the Bananasaurus there. The bonus attack can win you the game disregarding how the other lanes are doing.

One final tip though, I would never over buff one plant unless I have guaranteed lethal.

Two 3/3 plants are often better than a 5/3 and a 1/3, since you lose less stats if the bigger plant gets removed.

(Also, if you over buff a plant you place it directly in the range of Rocket Science or the Cut Down to Size Superpower.)
Message 9 of 14 (649 Views)

★★ Pro

I couldn't have said any of that better myself.

I especially like your final tip.

I see too many new players buff the hell out of one minion, only to have it killed by one card right after.

Message 10 of 14 (642 Views)