Re: The Stupidest Logic Ever.

by BPRDHB

Original Post

The Stupidest Logic Ever.

★★ Guide

Picture this - You are Prof Brainstorm at 3 health with Octo Zombie and Undying Pharoah which you got from eureka. Your opponent is at 7 health. You have Space Cadet, Leftovers, Rocket Science and Fun-Dead Raiser. No way to defend himself, then **U suk** "Please check internet connection and try again" What's that garbage? And I lost a star. So unfair.

Message 1 of 49 (1,905 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah that's frustrating for sure. Unfortunately that happens to us all and is a downfall of this type of game. I don't really see a good solution to that though. The way I see it is that's in place to keep people from hard closing the app itself mid game.  For example, if you are getting beat to keep you from losing, you crash your app so you don't lose a star. You'd have people doing it every time. This way if you lose connection for whatever reason the person losing that connection automatically takes a loss. Is what it is. The good news for you is as long as your connection is strong, you'll likely have as many people lose connection to you as you do to them so over time things should average out. That's my experience and the way I believe it works but others will chime in if I have it wrong. 

Message 2 of 49 (1,860 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@904e8d29c3cd2aa2 I think the frustration that at least I have with this situation is that the game doesn't give you this message as a warning, it's a statement.  Would it be so bad to give legitimate players a chance, say 15-20 seconds, to reestablish a connection/switch connections once they are notified that they are about to DC?  This option has been available in other games.

BPRD

Message 3 of 49 (1,809 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How does any of this involves logic?

It's bad luck my friend.

Just accept it and continue into the next game.

Message 4 of 49 (1,765 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Azombioso wrote:

How does any of this involves logic?

It's bad luck my friend.

Just accept it and continue into the next game.

@Azombioso  That's what we have to do today, accept it, but that doesn't mean EA can't take measures to improve weak aspects of the game.

BPRD

Message 5 of 49 (1,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Especially when there is NO PROBLEM with your connection! I jus had it happen to me, I was winning, and got that message! I read another post where someone said it’s because the other player has hacked the game somehow, and booted me out. Is that possible? All I know is it’s only ever happened when I was winning, and it only ever happens in ranked games. It hasn’t happened to me for a while, but it did today! I’m the only person us8ng my Internet, no other devices are currently running, and when the game booted me, my internet connection was perfectly fine! 

Message 6 of 49 (1,443 Views)

★ Guide
I have no idea why this seems to happen to me every damn time I'm about to win a game.
Message 7 of 49 (1,416 Views)

★★ Guide

Remember? I have mentioned about this many times. I am not allowed to say anything about it in here so I'll just leave it at that. But at least your now know what I was talking about..and it's not my device as "They" keep saying..

Message 8 of 49 (1,391 Views)

Community Manager

@nangulo@jaktequila

Have you ran through the connection troubleshooting steps for your device? Cleared the cache, powercycled device, tried on wifi and data, etc?

Darko.png
Message 9 of 49 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I only have wifi on my ipad, and I’m constantly closing all the apps (double tap home, swipe up) before opening new ones. As soon as it boots me out, I check my connection and other apps that use the internet work fine.

Message 10 of 49 (1,357 Views)